Who exacly thought that nerfing EXP gain is a good idea?

So after grinding my ass off to reach 96 in HC, I can't stop wondering which genious in GGG department thought of this idea and why he implemented it TWICE?
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 5:28:00 AM
WE DUN WANT U TO LVL FAST BUT THE .1% WILL STILL DO IT SO WE WANT TO MAKE U SUFFER
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
If you're at 96 you've already completed the game and done all content. So slower leveling is the only thing extra to do.

PS no one is forcing you to get to 97.
Hate me but i think a similar to d3's paragon system would work for poe too. Let everyone reach lvl100 to get all the skill points, then you can grind your ass to get some extra traits.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
Alternalo wrote:
Hate me but i think a similar to d3's paragon system would work for poe too. Let everyone reach lvl100 to get all the skill points, then you can grind your ass to get some extra traits.

Realistically what's the difference between the two? POE you are grinding for those extra 10 or so skill points after your build is complete, D3 you are grinding for a bunch of fixed stats and can go on indefinitely.

But really they are just different implementations of the same concept.
I am at level 96 myself with my main character . The leveling now is extremely slow . What's the big deal to get a level 100 character anyway , its not like i am going to quit the game just because i got a level 100 guy and the power compared to a good build even in the level 85 ish is not so big difference i think ( though the same good build as 100 is maybe what they fear ) . I have so much builds and different stuff i still wanna do in the game .

wonder what's the difference is between a old level 100 compared to a level 100 now when it comes to time spent to get a level 100 . I dunno should be double achievment points maybe lol .

Like I_NO says , ggg tries to slow down the 1 % playerbase , but the reality is that the rest 99 % gets ignored . ggg don't you get it ? the 1 % guys life is poe and not much else , they play the game right after breakfast and plays all day long until they go to bed EVERY DAY , so its not very hard to understand why they get so rich , level so fast and make so much good builds , and then the nerfs comes and the 99 % guys gets the middle finger right in their faces from you ggg . How the f can you ggg justify to balance the game auround players that plays 12-15 hours a day EVERY F DAY . The 1 % guys sacrifise their in real life lifes , they are addicted to your game ( yes games like poe does that with some , just like drugs do ) . Don't you think ggg that it's better to let the no lifers ( sorry 1 % guys ) get their level 100 characters , they don't do anything else than playing your game anyway . Don't rape the rest of your fans ggg , people just end up leaving your game the way your philosophy is . My friend list is almost gone just saying , so many has quitted the game .

GGG you have a system with different leagues , why don't you use it more ?
Make different permanent leagues with different restrictions etc . Try to be smart about this feature and get out of your little bubble auround your bodies . You have the power to make everyone happy , " just do it " like the nike commercial .

If a d4 comes and is a masterpiece and your 99 % playerbase leaves i just gonna laugh my ass off while leveling my barbarian , we warned you , we gave you tips , we tried to say what we like/dont like , you ignored us , we leave you . haha try to finance the game now with your 1 % that suddenly turned to 100 % .

"
Raxik wrote:
So after grinding my ass off to reach 96 in HC, I can't stop wondering which genious in GGG department thought of this idea and why he implemented it TWICE?
lold at the bolded part.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
i honestly think that some people manage too get too 90 real fast.. like in 2 days or so maby 3 that isnt "fair2 i quess for the others whom struggle too get too merciless and stay there..
I could deal with the slow levelling and to an extent I expect it the higher the level my character goes. What I don't like about this game is the peak of progress made after around lvl 80 in terms of gear.

I understand that RNG can be a hard mistress too but when you play for weeks and months and have nothing useful or tradable drop in that time you can use to further advance your character it becomes very depressive as well as harder and harder to find the will to continue on gaining a higher level.

I don't understand uniques at all. Put simply there shit. After playing for a while now I've come up with a simple formula on figuring out whether or not a unique is any good or valuable. Uniques = amazing and highly valuable until they drop for me. Once they do I know there one of the many shit ones and can add it to the pile with all the others.

Rares and crafting are a joke. Once you reach a certain threshold of stats you've pretty much hit a wall unless you can somehow pull 5+ exalts out of your ass and buy something from another player that has the better stats you want without having to lose something in the process like all your resistances or half your dps in order to gain an extra 200 life.

It's called path of exile not path of exiles or path of reroll. I want to play the game not 500 different chars up till level 70 then start another one. I like my time invested to build up to something not hit an artificial wall and be left hanging, struggling to gain the next level while wearing what feels like a flimsy hospital gown rather than a warriors set of mighty armour by the time I'm doing mid-tier maps and level 85.

Stop me from levelling up by all means but give me somewhere else to go in regards to gear and character progression. Otherwise what's the point in me playing past level 70? Except to stop, reroll another character and do the same thing with that one and then another and another every couple of days for no real rhyme or reason.
just +1 and to you yes you the one who decided to gimp the xp even if it's you chris - screw you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info