Never Played LowLife Build Before - Need Help!

Ok, so I posted this in a build thread originally, but didn't get any response, so I'm just hoping it gets some attention as separate thread :)

I had the best luck of my PoE career and found a Shav's this league. So naturally I figured this is my one real chance to try a LL build. I started the league thinking I was going to finally try BV since it seemed like it would be strong after the patch. Didn't realize it was going to be a top meta build and gear would be so much more expensive. :( Anyway, I found the Shav's at around lvl 75. So, I needed to turn my life-based Trickster BV build into a LL build.

I found this guide and started following it, but it seemed to have holes in the passive selections, so mine doesn't completely match it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1699146

I switched to lowlife around lvl 84. I'm lvl 87 right now and still trying to get the hang of playing a LL build. It feels different than life builds, and my normal reactions to dealing with damage (mostly instant life flasks), especially degen, are not well suited to the build. So, I'm just going to have to get more practice in.

Just wanted to see if anyone has advice on how to improve my build. I still need to save up some more currency to try to at least 5L my Shav's. It's going to be a long time before I can afford a Vinktar's, so I'll have to make due with regular flasks for the most part. I spent most of my chaos just to get the gear and gems I have now.

Right now I'm sitting at 20,636 DPS for BV with auras up in hideout.

Here's my current tree:

I definitely need to respec my first bandit choice, since I took Oak. I still need to pick up the 3 additional power charges as well. Haven't decided whether I should spec out of Force Shaper (top right) to do that or not.

Here's my stats:
Offense
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

Any advice on how to improve the build and what to prioritize would be greatly appreciated!! I can probably get a few more levels if I can get my reactions to be smarter for this build and stop dying :) I think it's mostly due to me not realizing fast enough when I'm in trouble, and the fact that I don't have much stun mitigation.
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 4:29:19 PM
Still really could use some help on this. Anyone have any advice?
Hi Zelfrini,

I played as a LL BV Trickster last league, tried to msg u ingame but u seem to be offline :)

i altered your build a bit to get more dps and more ES, if u have any questions just ask me.

PST
www.poeurl.com/NiX

i gave you the reduced mana reserved nodes, so u can have more mana (for a blasphemy curse e.g.), also i skilled the skilleffect node so u dont need Increased Duration anymore, swap in lifeleech or added fire, depends on what u like more, safety or deeps :D

i Highly recommend to use the frenzy charge generation as ascendency, more dps and more clearspeed since your whirling blades becomes faster.

the BIS for your gloves would be facebreaker for the critmulti, and if u can afford it Skyforth for powercharges and stunmedigation...otherwise try to get valyrium in your build, its the moonstone ring with stun based on ES. and if u manage to get a 5L, the gems are BV-Echo-Increased Crit strikes-Controlled distruction-life leech or added fire. 6st link will be Inc AoE which u can swap for Conc effect on bosses for more dps.

My IGN is NerfVortex msg me if something issnt clear for u or u got any questions :)
Last edited by De3J4yFr3aK on Sep 28, 2016, 7:54:02 AM
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I'll have to see what I can do about my resists situation if I'm going to work Facebreakers and Valyrium into my gear. No chance of me getting Skyforth's. I don't have anywhere near the kind of playtime it would take to make enough currency for those.

I'm hoping to 5L my chest soon, so that should help. Still got a little ways to go to get my gems to lvl 20. I think they're about 50% of the way there now. I'll see what I can do about getting my tree fixed up.

Definitely message me if you catch my online. I'm usually online most nights (CST). Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info