Does anyone here enjoy flask juggling?

"
mark1030 wrote:
piano builds
lul
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I don't mind flask mechanics. I don't like how the buffs are displayed at the top of the screen with all of the other shit going on. Usually the entire top of my screen is full of shit so I have no idea what buffs and debuffs I have on me at any given time.

If they made flasks clearer in their effect it would enjoy it more.

2.5 Patch Note:

"
Due to increasing power and flexibility gained by unique flasks, unique flask effects can now only be used one at a time. Only one unique flask effect will be active during the flask duration. Activating a second unique flask will interrupt and override any existing unique flask effects that are in play.

We feel that this forces players to making a choice on when to use flasks to maximize their strength/survivability at the appropriate times rather than focusing on having all flask buffs up simultaneously.

Imagine? lol...people would go batshit crazy.
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 26, 2016, 2:58:44 PM
"
I don't mind flask mechanics. I don't like how the buffs are displayed at the top of the screen with all of the other shit going on. Usually the entire top of my screen is full of shit so I have no idea what buffs and debuffs I have on me at any given time.

If they made flasks clearer in their effect it would enjoy it more.

2.5 Patch Note:

"
Due to increasing power and flexibility gained by unique flasks, unique flask effects can now only be used one at a time. Only one unique flask effect will be active during the flask duration. Activating a second unique flask will interrupt and override any existing unique flask effects that are in play.

We feel that this forces players to making a choice on when to use flasks to maximize their strength/survivability at the appropriate times rather than focusing on having all flask buffs up simultaneously.

Imagine? lol...people would go batshit crazy.
Actually if it queued the flasks I'd like them better. I hate wasting a flask use because I click twice while all kinds of stuff is going on. If it queued the second hit to begin after the first expired, I wouldn't hate flasks so much.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 26, 2016, 3:06:31 PM
Eh, it's pretty boring overall and has no "feeling" to it. It would feel nicer if flasks had a very minor cooldown to prevent multiuse when you're in deep shit and mashing them. Would be also nice to have sound (some sound for when you're trying to use a depleted flask?) plus visual indications of their usage and availability. And yeah, the buff display is atrocious in this game.

That besides, they're usable so often there isn't much strategical aspect to it and some mods like bleeding/curse/freeze removal are pretty much mandatory.
Last edited by Raudram on Sep 26, 2016, 5:35:00 PM
In old school rpgs, we'd swap out gear depending on the area and types of damage we'd need to protect ourselves against (or deal to counteract immunities), In PoE, the flasks fill that role.

I suppose.

Do I like it?

I guess it's okay. It makes self found possible. Assuming the needed survival flasks are found.

"
In old school rpgs, we'd swap out gear depending on the area and types of damage we'd need to protect ourselves against (or deal to counteract immunities), In PoE, the flasks fill that role.

I suppose.

Do I like it?

I guess it's okay. It makes self found possible. Assuming the needed survival flasks are found.

You also have a chance of filling open slots with Quests, they also added Basalt now, so you get that one as well.

Also some people still used to switch saffels, but lately it hardly happens.
flasks are just mandatory. mostly movement ones though. as a totemmer even with move speed on ammy/belt and armor w/o move penality it still feels like a pregned slug (use your imagination) to move w/o quicksilver +movespeed or +effect. yep you can use vinktar and| or atziri for some burst damage if you need it. but soloing you mostly have nuff damage so those are for tough mapmods/partyplay?. shit dies in 1 totem shot anyways othwerwise. for some bosses you do switch flasks yep. but pretty much movement + some panicked (6k life assumes you are either lowlife on a big hit or dead). antifreeze/antibleed blah blah anticurse.
about flask juggling well i think for some builds its awesome. for some its unnecessary. why discuss it bleh :P got hit? survived? mash some 123 and you re back. wait you re back from leech even faster. basalt/granite are awesome yep... but why do em if you can choose to avoid being hit entirely.

Dont like juggling? dont use it. plenty of builds that dont need any flasks at all. yep still can benefit but will be an overkill.
"
Raudram wrote:
Eh, it's pretty boring overall and has no "feeling" to it. It would feel nicer if flasks had a very minor cooldown to prevent multiuse when you're in deep shit and mashing them. Would be also nice to have sound (some sound for when you're trying to use a depleted flask?) plus visual indications of their usage and availability. And yeah, the buff display is atrocious in this game.

That besides, they're usable so often there isn't much strategical aspect to it and some mods like bleeding/curse/freeze removal are pretty much mandatory.

yep

I would like to add that the number of good unique utility flasks is an indirect buff to CI and low life builds.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I think flasks overall are way too overpowered, and frankly I don't understand how they can be in the game. They have no downsides at all, just provide an endless supply of godly buffs whenever desired, pretty much. It's a weird mechanic in a game as punishing as PoE is at its core.

On top of that I find them uninteresting. They're mostly a reactive mechanic to remove some debuff like bleeds or regain some hp or mana, or provide some crazy buff as mentioned. Not compelling gameplay, to me at least. It reminds me of WoW, keeping track of proc timers and that garbage, to provide "optimal dps". So boring.

I do use them though, because they're so powerful. Not because they're fun.
I kind of enjoy the flask system. I have to think about which ones to switch out depending on map mods. I have a few types that I make for every new league, because I find them useful.

However, since I play SSF and my gear generally sucks, I do find button management can be a pain. I can't 1-button mash through a map so I have a full skill bar and I die occasionally to pushing the wrong skill or flask button.

Still, I think the game would lose a lot if the flask system was too simplified.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info