Does anyone here enjoy flask juggling?

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:55:10 PM
well if you make potion system just like grim dawn's (cd on pots), you will literally have to press only one button main skill + 2nd button movement skill (optional). game would be even more simple if that is possible lol.
I enjoy using flasks. It forces me to make the right decisions at the right times, without flasks it would literally be one-skill-combat with not much more interaction.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
I enjoy using flasks. It forces me to make the right decisions at the right times, without flasks it would literally be one-skill-combat with not much more interaction.

well yea, when you don't know how to balance game around skills/utility skills etc. i guess this flask system is ok.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Which assumes you're using sockets entirely on "passive" buffs, except for 5L/6L.

I know this goes way beyond what PoE is or likely will be, but it'd be nice if manually activated effects shared the same selection system - in other words, if "flasks" were active gems and the automated stuff weren't gems at all. There is a certain logical limit to how many different buttons one can hover their fingers over, as well as a minimum needed for gameplay to feel diverse. Probably varies by person, but I wonder how much it varies.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I'd prefer better enemy AI. There's nothing engaging about watching/memorizing flask timers and pressing 2,3,4,5. The whole thing is pretty brainless atm, mashing buttons and speeding through content. There's no flask starvation anymore.

In PvE I miss a sense of real exploration / atmosphere / pacing changes, fighting enemies in doorways, dodging projectiles, looking for secrets, etc. With flask timers, charge timers, vaal skills, temporary buffs, high player damage and low monster health, PoE has such a focus on speed. But the AI is so poor that the game wouldn't be any better if things were slowed down.

At least we can get more engaging gameplay in pvp, especially ctf.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Sep 26, 2016, 1:15:01 PM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

So, keeping track of flask timers, clicking when necessary, and assorted micromanagement: Is this something that people literally enjoy doing? Or do you do it because you would be gimping your character if you didn't?

Only Pathfinder class requires that. Because it's a class, DESIGNED around flask usage! It just happened so this class is T1 in current meta, that's all. I assure you, many other classes dont require intense flask usage with tracking cooldowns.

I'll ask a counter-question - do you enjoy killing stuff with single 1-button rightclick? You have 10 fingers on your hands together, why dont try use several of them, not just one?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I am extremely lazy in flask use as i dont give 2 shits about them i just roll some anti bleeds and spam them from time to time i literaly dont see any added gameplay vallue to this but i dont mind it either.
Having said that i wont exactly miss it if they removed flask juggling aka spam like a madman altogether.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

So, keeping track of flask timers, clicking when necessary, and assorted micromanagement: Is this something that people literally enjoy doing? Or do you do it because you would be gimping your character if you didn't?

Only Pathfinder class requires that. Because it's a class, DESIGNED around flask usage! It just happened so this class is T1 in current meta, that's all. I assure you, many other classes dont require intense flask usage with tracking cooldowns.

I'll ask a counter-question - do you enjoy killing stuff with single 1-button rightclick? You have 10 fingers on your hands together, why dont try use several of them, not just one?

Honestl, flasks are so powerful, you need them. Be it to remove status effects, bleeds or curses or for shorttime buffs.

I would even go so far that playing without Ascendancies is a lot easier than playing without Flasks. It might be a bit build dependend (RF Totems as an example don't benefit much from Flasks, while basically every attacker wants them and melees honestly just need them.

Having them up permanently removes a lot of what made flasks so interesting, since you essentially have them whenever you want them.

And of course Flasks timers could presented in a better way, someone actually made a brilliant suggestion for that.
I hate using flasks. I'd rather worry about tactics like moving and using terrain. I don't think I would have fun playing a pathfinder at all. Give me flask on trigger gems and I'd be happy. Cast when cold damage taken linked to a sapphire flask would be just fine with me. Even if it's unavailable because it got used automatically instead of when I wanted it used. I know, people will say that's broken. Put limitations on it so people couldn't use it to permaflask.

At the very least I would like a countdown timer for each flask visible above the life globe. I think I saw that in a video. Not sure if it was an overlay or what. But it's hard to time flasks when you just have to guess when it's going to expire. The icons on the top are too hard to follow. They move positions and you have to look away too long to find the right one. People playing piano builds don't have to worry about that because they have unlimited flask charges.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 26, 2016, 2:33:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info