Does anyone here enjoy flask juggling?

For better or worse, non-life/mana flasks have become an essential component of endgame play for many builds. Indeed, your flask setup is more important than it has ever been, since the beginnings of this game, such that certain flasks are now considered to be among the most powerful items in PoE.

So, keeping track of flask timers, clicking when necessary, and assorted micromanagement: Is this something that people literally enjoy doing? Or do you do it because you would be gimping your character if you didn't?

I ask because recently I've been giving a lot of thought to the wisdom of balance via rewarding unfun mechanics (increasing the rewards for unfun areas or annoying bosses, declining to nerf overpowered gems which are annoying to use and therefore unpopular, etc.). I'll probably make a thread on this topic soon, so keep an eye out for it if the topic interests you.

I was going to list "flask juggling" as yet another example, assuming that no one truly enjoys flask juggling, but--as we all know--assuming makes an ass out of U and Ming, and I would never want to do that.

So. Thoughts? Do you find it an intrinsically fun mechanic, or do you just do it because it makes you more powerful?

EDIT: I'm not talking about flasks per se, as some people seem to think. I'm talking about juggling flasks to keep them up or, as one person put it, "piano builds" (ha!). Or even with non-piano builds, keeping track of timers so that you aren't caught with your pants down.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Sep 26, 2016, 11:20:27 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 5:25:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes? what the fuck why wouldn't we? You want this to go to grimdawn d3 etc no fuck that. Flask is fucking life.

And I'm from d2 so of course I'm ma enjoy the shit out of it nothing wrong with it fuck D3 and Grimdawn is an amazing ass game but terrible potion system with d3

Terrible.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 26, 2016, 12:43:05 AM
"
Yes? what the fuck why wouldn't we? You want this to go to grimdawn d3 etc no fuck that. Flask is fucking life.

And I'm from d2 so of course I'm ma enjoy the shit out of it nothing wrong with it fuck D3 and Grimdawn is an amazing ass game but terrible potion system with d3

Terrible.

Are you drunk? Or just perennially angry?

I asked for opinions, and you appear to be livid that someone would DARE to even suggest that opinions might exist which are not shared by I_NO.

And why are you bringing up Grim Dawn and D3? I'd call that a false dichotomy, but since you brought them up from out of nowhere, they don't even merit that label. More like a non-sequitur.

Please try to calm down.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"

Terrible.

Are you drunk? Or just perennially angry?

I asked for opinions, and you appear to be livid that someone would DARE to even suggest that opinions might exist which are not shared by I_NO.

And why are you bringing up Grim Dawn and D3? I'd call that a false dichotomy, but since you brought them up from out of nowhere, they don't even merit that label. More like a non-sequitur.

Please try to calm down.

No you're trying to get ma flask nerf bro this ain't going to go neat for you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I like new flask meta. But I would also like to see better way to see when flask effect end.
"

Terrible.

What is flask system in Grim dawn and D3?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 26, 2016, 1:50:57 AM
Some flask do seem veeeery powerful, probably too much, but that probably is because people are being able to have an almost perma flask uptime ( or not just almost if path finder ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I like new flask meta. But I would also like to see better way to see when flask effect end.
"

Terrible.

What is flask system in Grim dawn and D3?

You've never touched them? Each have a potion CD for 30 seconds that's it lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
PoE has become like Morrowind; you become greater than god when your flasks are up. Do i enjoy being greater than god? Sometimes.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
flasks are multiplicative buffs in a game with linear scaling

you do them right - it feels great.
you do them clumsy - it gets stupid

we are at the choice no 2 right now sadly

reason for that is - something that Chris said himself - higher mob density allowing for permaflasks all the time (+ the pathfinder and crit/surgeons)
flask "juggling" ???

Proper flask usage is like 50% of the tactics in this game, remove that and you make combat a lot more one-dimensional and boring.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info