Red mapping sucks

I have built up a solid map pool. I started with a few T11 maps (15 maps). Bought all the T12 maps corrupted them ran them all. Then went back to T11 to farm me up some T12s. I have around 90 maps completed with all the bonuses. I have bought all the T13 maps because well they just don't drop. Spent about 2 exalts on maps and corrupting and running the tier higher before running the tier I want. Now I am back to running T11 maps after not getting any T12 or T13 drops. I have yet to even see a T13 or 14 drop.

Last league I had no issue getting maps all the way up to T15 never had to buy one map just ran maps and had plenty of drops. Is this the new map system. Dump more currency and get no return. I have played POE for over 2 years and never had one issue. I see a lot of people quitting the game that have been playing POE for a long time. Is this the flow you are looking for GGG. People who support you are no longer going to be buying MTX because the map drop rate is dead.

On top of all this I have had maps just vanish after entering them and getting DC bugged. Had a gorge map today I rolled and corrupted chiseled just vanish after I enter and get DC log back in and map is gone. I am not here to be a currency farm bot I want to spend my spare time I waste to be at least and enjoyable experience.
Last edited by HolyMetalHead on Sep 26, 2016, 12:01:36 AM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 12:28:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have massive issues myself atm with red map drops, and have had so for about 2 weeks. My map pool was full of T15 and T16, but I have dropped all the way to T13 now. Either my own Atlas is super bugged because of shaping maps, or they stealth nerfed T13+ drops into the ground.

It makes me want to quit the game again...
I'm facing the same situation, the last two weeks the map drops were really ok but since this weekend I just don't get any map drops even after chiseling, alching, corrupting and running them with sac fragments and prophecies....
i got 85+ maps open on atlas.

SO far, I had to buy 95% of t11 and t12 maps.

I started with pool of 15 red maps, and after runing them all as corrupted rare or just rare (in all cases i rerolled the maps to get pack size as well as high IIR and IIQ) and i run out of red maps...

Yesterday i had to run t10 maps cause i refuse to spend any more currency buying maps when the atlas bonus should give me the maps i want, yet GGG failed at improving end game. I run maybe 20 maps yesterday and got like 3 red maps out of that.

Im now lvl 88 and runing t10 maps just cause i cant find any t13+ maps is not funny
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
last two days i bught 30 t10 maps.. cleared them all. all rare and w quantity more than 70. Got 4 t11 map, 2 t10 maps, like 5-8 t8-9 and tonns of 1-4 tiers. (srysly, corrypted rare map t10 drops t1 maps? Why? with half competed atlas...)
from 4 t11 maps i got nothing (1 t10 with 0 map drop)

totly shit. Price for t14+ maps extremely hight, so i cant buy it... and what i should do for leveling?
rus/en, GMT+4
Bought like 4 maps this league, my Atlas 115/125. Now i'm forced to sell all my yellow maps and t11-12 cause i have no space for reds. Running t14-t15 atm, but my t14 almost gone because t13 are dropping me mostly t15. Out of 2-3 t15 runs i'm getting 1 t16, just did a couple of guardians. Getting bored, probably gonna try Shaper few times and quit till next league.

Not to troll you guys, i'm serious.
to those with issues do you have at-least one map unlocked for every tier?

if not , fix that issue right now.

I would say rng is rng but i have been saying that its a stupid system from the word go. bad luck streaks can quite easily kill your character from a progression standpoint.

If you think its bad in leagues , try it in a perm league where the economy pretty much forces you to run your mapping escapades self found or on a dwindling amount of saved wealth.

you cant count on shitty jewellery selling for 5 chaos each or easy sells to finance the ridiculous number of orbs and chisels you need to run like some of you have claimed.

2x chisel alch , chaos for 1 pack size is about the most expensive thing one can do economically....

And dont get me started on what you need to do to get that atlas unlocked
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 26, 2016, 7:43:50 AM
I found map sustain was horrible with the Atlas then I slowly grinded my way up to 100%+ with at least one map unlocked on each tier and now it's actually quite alright.

I mean I just cleared Corrupted Core and by doing so I dropped 3 shaped Courtyard and 2 lair of the Phoenix. it was pretty sick.
im wondering, what if you remove the white tier and yellow tiers from the map progress leaving only all your red maps and red shaped maps unlocked

are you only gonna get red maps?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
"
xrook wrote:
im wondering, what if you remove the white tier and yellow tiers from the map progress leaving only all your red maps and red shaped maps unlocked

are you only gonna get red maps?

dont think you could do that. you need to have a path from t1 to t16 from which ever corner.

I know this by trying a t11 map on std without anything unlocked.
After completing the map the path to this map has been automatically unlocked.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info