All dressed up with nowhere to go

Down to my last two T8 maps now. There have been occasional T9 drops but they've never lasted. Since running my last T10 map I've been chiseling and chaosing my T9 and T8 maps for at least one packsize mod and 80%+ IIQ. Doesn't help, I still frequently get no map drops at all. I'm also forced to accept mods I'd otherwise reroll, resulting in dying more often. Just now I played for about three hours and made a grand total of 5% progress towards level 90. I'm losing alchs, chisels and chaos orbs too.

When the atlas mechanics were announced I hoped they would make endgame progress more fun and slightly more easy. Unfortunately the novelty of the atlas quickly wore off as it has zero effect on drops once the maps have been unlocked, and it looks like the 2.4 changes collectively made the endgame far more tedious.

I'm willing to accept that there's sometimes streaks of bad RNG. But after 3-4 days of playing 4+ hours per day and my progress only slipping backwards I'm starting to consider just calling it quits. Maybe check back in a few years again to see what's new.

Is there something I'm failing to consider here? Are shaped maps or sextants key to progressing? Shaped maps don't seem to be any different from other maps of their tier when it comes to drops, and the few sextants I've used have given really unimpressive mods.
Last edited by databeaver on Sep 28, 2016, 10:20:55 AM
I honestly would suggest buying maps to open up your atlas.

Once you open it up a bit, 90/125ish then run pack size mods only on all maps. chisel alch vaal T12+.

Seriously the only thing you can do is save currency rolling and instead use that currency to buy maps.

it sucks, but that's the only way I have been able to climb tiers.
"
databeaver wrote:
I'm willing to accept that there's sometimes streaks of bad RNG. But after 3-4 days of playing 4+ hours per day and my progress only slipping backwards I'm starting to consider just calling it quits. Maybe check back in a few years again to see what's new.

I thought the Atlas would change things, but all I'm running are T6 - T8 maps with some occasional T9 maps in there. I alch all maps and whenever possible I try to alch 3 of the same maps to get an unidentified map. In the end it's the same as before, stuck in low level content.
I think maps should exist only as item/currency drops,so you can trade for items.Trading for maps though,seem kind of wrong,you get gear,and you spend resources for maps,why?

I think there must be something parallel to maps,not ubers,but something that pushes your build to the limit,and reward you big time for this,think about izaro lab,but without the traps. Fights that are no longer a simple gear check,fights that require strategy,and i understand with so many builds,some strong some weak,this will be really hard to implement.

All in all,i got this slayer to the point,where the content is trivial,there is nothing i can't clear easily. Yet if i run out of maps,what?,i give my currency for maps (which is pointless,i will hardly upgrade my gear further)or just make a new build? Well honestly i tried,but i feel attached to this char,and i don't want to reroll,but what is there to do besides maps for resources that cant go anywhere but in another build?

Yes ARPGS promote different builds and replayability but we need something for those that don't want to reroll,something that will keep you only build fresh. But at this point i don't know what that would be,since as i said,many builds,some OP some not so much,finding an end game that alows them to compete fairly would be really hard.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Sep 28, 2016, 3:27:52 PM
"
I honestly would suggest buying maps to open up your atlas.

Once you open it up a bit, 90/125ish then run pack size mods only on all maps. chisel alch vaal T12+.

Seriously the only thing you can do is save currency rolling and instead use that currency to buy maps.

it sucks, but that's the only way I have been able to climb tiers.

I'd rather play self-found. It's been a viable playstyle for a long time, and it's sad if GGG has decided to destroy it. Besides, all those maps people are selling have to come from somewhere, so it must be possible for someone or some group of people to sustain high-tier maps.

My atlas is currently at 60/125. Are you seriously suggesting that an extra 30% chance of upgrading map drops by one tier would rocket me from T7 to T11+? The expected outcome is an increase by 0.3 tiers.

Now I'm also starting to have a chronic alch problem. I only have 28 left; a while back I still had 40+. Meanwhile I have 120+ chaos. This is also something I've never had before. In Prophecy I was easily able to build up 100+ alchs by this point. I wish the sub-60 variant of the chaos recipe was alch instead of chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info