Claws and Claw nodes should leech attack damage, not physical

This would make them more interesting again and more fitting for the right side of the tree that focuses on chaos and elemental just as much as physical.
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 12:47:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Claw leech should be useful instead of useless.

Rebel! Heretic! Do you realise what you are suggesting?

;)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 25, 2016, 7:55:14 PM
My friend and I were discussing this exact thing the other day. Claws currently fill a niche that doesnt compete with that of other similar weapons. Why focus your weapon on sustain when you can get a dagger and focus on damage (which gives you sustain anyway). Changing the claw leach to be all damage instead of physical makes it much more interesting in some situations, specifically elemental attack builds, where leech is more scarce from other sources.

basically the current problem with claws is that they are competing in almost every case with daggers and rapiers who just outcompete them badly. Allowing a more universal sustain will accentuate their niche, and allow them to better compete with daggers in more situations.
Claws have needed some love for a while now.
Agree with that, I have an old elemental claw build and ... most of the claw nodes are just useless for it :/.
Does not feel very good.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 26, 2016, 4:14:26 AM
"
dyneol wrote:
This would make them more interesting again and more fitting for the right side of the tree that focuses on chaos and elemental just as much as physical.
they need to do a fuckload more than that to be good .. like have crit multi.. that would help a bunch
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
they need to do a fuckload more than that to be good .. like have crit multi.. that would help a bunch

I don't think it needs much more. Leech is their niche, I think that should be the focus. It doesn't make sense that the bottom of the tree with the high dps weapon nodes has better leech (due to Attack Damage) than claws. Crit is fine IMHO. Daggers if you wanna go full-out crit.
leech is a niche that isnt a niche any-more . anyone can path to the duelist cluster and be leechtastic. hell anyone doing life wants to go to that area for the life nodes anyway.

ci build maybe will utilize it .. but to be perfectly honest you can still get leech elsewhere

so in the end claws need to be comparable to daggers with perhaps a little leech convenience on the side. or no one is going to pick them.

because while claws can leech implicitly . daggers can leech more just because they do far more damage to leech with.

this gap isnt small. we are talking a difference of 30 - 40% more damage over claw builds
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
leech is a niche that isnt a niche any-more . anyone can path to the duelist cluster and be leechtastic. hell anyone doing life wants to go to that area for the life nodes anyway.

ci build maybe will utilize it .. but to be perfectly honest you can still get leech elsewhere

so in the end claws need to be comparable to daggers with perhaps a little leech convenience on the side. or no one is going to pick them.

because while claws can leech implicitly . daggers can leech more just because they do far more damage to leech with.

this gap isnt small. we are talking a difference of 30 - 40% more damage over claw builds

Have you even read my argument about how it *should* be better than the bottom of the tree (read duelist cluster) ? If it was attack damage, it would be considerably better, for less investment.

They may possibly also need a damage buff, but first I'd see how the leech change goes.
Last edited by dyneol on Sep 26, 2016, 12:36:39 PM
Leech (VP) without damage is useless. Claws fail heroically at that. You can just run Warlord's Mark with anything else and be done with it.
Claws would be fine if they had like 20-30% more damage overall and if VP wasn't a thing.
Oh, also their skills are just shit and horrible to use.
Last edited by Bananaplasm on Sep 26, 2016, 2:32:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info