Totem life.

Running a dual flame totem build and finding my totems are dying a bit too quick on higher level maps (14+) so thought i would add another 10% totem life through a jewel. The tooltip stated +20% totem life and after adding the 10% jewel the tooltip remained at 20% and not 30% as i expected. Am i missing something here? As there is no way to find out a totem HP then i am not sure if the +10% on the jewel is doing anything.
Thanks.
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 6:38:13 PM
I'm guessing the 20% life on the tooltip is just from what's on the flame totem gem itself.

Try checking your character tab, see if the totem life is in there.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
The skillbar tooltip never, ever tells you everything.
The jewel is working just fine.
Thanks for the reassurance. Seems not displaying totem life is a bit of a fail though, maybe just me?
It is a bit strange that totems don't have their life displayed but minions do.

It would also be nice if there were generally more minion stats displayed in the character screen. Damage and resistances at least would be nice.
Personally I don't take any non prerequisite totem life nodes. When one dies you just replace it..
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Thanks for the reassurance. Seems not displaying totem life is a bit of a fail though, maybe just me?

Yes it is a huge fail. However, it's not that important. So I guess GGG will probably never bother to fix it.

It's funny when they get the tooltip wrong for newly released skills as well, though. Well, perhaps 'funny' is the wrong word...
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 25, 2016, 8:45:29 PM
"
Benalishhero wrote:
Personally I don't take any non prerequisite totem life nodes. When one dies you just replace it..

The problem with that idea is that if totems die too quickly, you spend even more time placing totems. The entire premise of a totem build is to keep mobile to keep yourself out of harm's way. Having to place totems more often means less time spent moving, and less time moving means you're more likely to get hurt somehow.

Totem life and mitigation has some importance, but it quickly loses it's value due to the fact you can resummon them.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Benalishhero wrote:

The problem with that idea is that if totems die too quickly, you spend even more time placing totems. The entire premise of a totem build is to keep mobile to keep yourself out of harm's way. Having to place totems more often means less time spent moving, and less time moving means you're more likely to get hurt somehow.

Totem life and mitigation has some importance, but it quickly loses it's value due to the fact you can resummon them.

Sure I guess if you are using them to block. Which is why I always run a SB set up to create a wall. I still see no value in the life nodes. Better spent somewhere else. IMHO

take care
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
Last edited by Benalishhero on Sep 27, 2016, 6:21:22 PM
"
Benalishhero wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Benalishhero wrote:

Sure I guess if you are using them to block. Which is why I always run a SB set up to create a wall. I still see no value in the life nodes. Better spent somewhere else. IMHO

take care

No, it has nothing to do with using totems to block.

My Hierophant can place all four totems in about 1-1.5 seconds. Let's assume it takes about 0.3-0.4 seconds to place a totem, and I have some 100% increased placement speed.

I don't dare stand and place all four totems at once for two reasons. The first and most pressing is that, once one totem comes up, some enemies agro to it. Since enemies with AOE might hit it, they'll be doing damage to all four. Basically, my time placing those totems is being wasted.

Totem life has value. It shouldn't be passed up "just because you can resummon them".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info