Corrupted only Essence drop rates

I've now corrupted 96 essences and have yet to receive a single corrupted only essence (Delirium, Insanity, Horror, Hysteria). Am I doing something wrong? Or are they really that rare? It seems strange because one of the league challenges requires getting all 4. If I haven't gotten a single one in 96 attempts, then how many would it possibly take to get all 4? Something seems amiss here.
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2016, 1:23:02 PM
Have you been playing maps? The corruption-only essence can only be obtained by corrupting the tier 5 essences (scorn, envy, misery, dread), which can only appear in maps.
I've only corrupted when the monster had at least one "screaming" essence. Has your corrupted only essence experience been different?
'screaming' alone won't get you the corrupted essnences, only Scorn, Envy, Misery and Dread can 'upgrade' to the corrupted ones.
Out of 5 or 6 tries, I got 3 of the corrupted ones so far, so the chances are pretty decent
"
blubbber wrote:
'screaming' alone won't get you the corrupted essnences, only Scorn, Envy, Misery and Dread can 'upgrade' to the corrupted ones.
Out of 5 or 6 tries, I got 3 of the corrupted ones so far, so the chances are pretty decent

This looks like the tidbit that I've been needing to hear. I've been corrupting every Screaming regardless of type. I guess I need to start corrupting every Scorn, Envy, Misery, and Dread. Hopefully that'll work a bit better. Thanks!!
they seem to be rare, Ive found total 2 essences from tier 5 (Scorn, Envy, Misery and Dread) group in 200+ maps
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Cherd wrote:
"
blubbber wrote:

This looks like the tidbit that I've been needing to hear. I've been corrupting every Screaming regardless of type. I guess I need to start corrupting every Scorn, Envy, Misery, and Dread. Hopefully that'll work a bit better. Thanks!!

Worth noting that Misery, Dread, Envy, and Scorn can ONLY roll as Screaming, so they are a bit easier to pick out. They also all have a purple-ish color.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
They also all have a purple-ish color.

For reference:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info