need some help - Pathfinder TS Ranger

Hi everybody,

after playing some weeks I really like this game. I managed to get da good farming Speed and I am satisfied with the damage Output so far.

But I have some trouble with the defence in General. Sometimes I can't survive a few attacks, especially bosses like "the wicked one" kill me very fast sometimes...

I think the main problem is the missing of some +life on many items like rings, necklace and gloves, right?

So can anybody take a look at my char and build and tell me if everything is working as intended and I only need some more life - or if I am missing something? Or are there any other suggestions how to improve my defence?

General Information:
- I got the Bow for free and it was a decent upgrade. The chest is also selffound.
- I also level some +20 gems atm, but as said above, my damage output is not bad in general.
- I have some currencies left, but "only" 1EX. Please remind this when suggesting some items. Or tell me how to make some EX...
- I'm still aiming for a good helm enchant...
- Highest Map runned so far is tier 12, with some good mods I think I can run even a tier14
- Faster Attacks in single bow Slot is just for leveling, no more space on 2nd weapons :)

Spoiler

My Build:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQqbDY0RLxa_GY4Z_hsBG60hdiP2JP0mlS5TMHEwfDH6MgEylDY9N0w31DnUOkI-z0MxSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtW-loaW69daGHiYqxlTWyMbWxwUnTtdct1_Xb3eu97FH11fwJ_K3-AhG-Gzod2idOMNo19jX6Nko2_lLiVBZrxmyabjZ2qoJ-hpKbgp9SyGbVIu-O9Nr3mvqfBM8MzxKLHncjcyqnNmM9602_TftQj1ELZxtrB3ajh2-Of5wrnVOd06NbqYutj7T_tg-4O73r3PfzF_rr-yP8Q_94=

Thanks for your time to read this!

Regards,
Tom
Last edited by Tom79 on Sep 22, 2016, 6:21:22 AM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 5:56:44 AM
All around look pretty solid. you should be able to do t14+.

A few minor problems.
Pathfinder without druidic rite, and primal spirit. Giant mistake. Ranger In general without those two. giant mistake.

Dump quickstep, get druidic rite.
If you are not using those jewels currently, dump one for now, get primal spirit.

I'd move that ess sap mana leech for 1 life and 1 life/mana leech node in duelist.
high priority for the 5% life node by duelist as well.

Next is flasks. another major problem.
3 life flask on a pathfinder? no.. no. too much life, not enough utility, which will buff your damage and defense alot. You are a drunk finder, act like it!

1 life flask. Bubbling of heat. (or seething of heat.) (I'd run the Eternal.) once you get master alchemist, you can dump the "of heat" for something else. due to instant recovery, sadly any effect on it, is short lived, and thus not very useful with immune to elem status, and bleeds already.

1 basalt flask. Perpetual basalt flask of warding.
1 Atziri's.
1 Jade flask. Surgeons is ok. Perpetual of reflexes better.
1 Diamond, silver or sulfur. Perpetual of Resistance. Diamond is best for you. Master surgeon.

Have a chemists quicksilver of adrenaline for backup. As well as sapphire, topaz, ruby.

Uniques. Taste of hate instead of that diamond/silver/sulfur is #1 priority. Gives major phys DR. Gives major damage buff. its crazy op.

Random thoughts.
Diamond and silver flasks are boolean. you have onsluaght, you are lucky. This means they are not directly effected by flask effed for pathfinder. That said, flask duration, and charges gained/surgeons still effect them, so you do get much greater uptimes.
Sulfur is effected in its damage buff. 40% damage->46% with 15%, and 48% with 20% flask effect.
The concentrated ground effect is a solid life regen as well.

Flask charges gained effect all sources of flask charges gained. Surgeons and natures boon included.
Both in tree, (druidic rite/primal), on flask and belts. 40% in tree, 10%-20% in ascendancy. and perpetual gives 20-40% "more". 10-20% on belts.
Max gained. 80% belt/passives, 40% more on flask.
Natures boon is default 1 per 3seconds. this is 1.8 with passives, and 2.52/3s on flasks with40% perpetual.
Same with surgeons. 1 charge per 10% crit? 1.8 and 2.52 per with passives and perpetual.

Chemists reduced charges used is also solid, as its coming at the problem from the opposite side, and is more effective when there is no targets to generate charges on.

Drunkfinder can kindof cheat with instant life flasks, master surgeon, and flask charges gained, and high crit/attack speed.
you can spam your instant life flask, and refill it in pace.
Last edited by Casia on Sep 22, 2016, 8:19:04 AM
"
Casia wrote:
A
Pathfinder without druidic rite, and primal spirit. Giant mistake. Ranger In general without those two. giant mistake.

Whoa... Such bullshit...
Well druidic rite is good(but u are surely comfortable without it), and primal spirit... well Heart of the oak with 8% life is far more BIS, i assure u.. U can handle 1 useless nod taking Druidic rite ok, but another one...pls no...
It's more comfortable in flasks terms, but it's never is A MUST, or a giant mistake...

Well, i am ranger/pathfinder, 30+ shaper kills so far, 15tier maps are like all others(with eyes closed :-)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dlgdmzBD6M

So about 2 GENERAL nistakes crit rangers are doing:
1-rst and most important part. U need life leach and vaal pact/acuity. U MUST take Vitality void nod, and change ur mana leech nod to hybrid mana+hp leach nod. U will be very pleased with survival...
2-n .. Go kaom's heart (legacy is perfect, but 500 hp will also do). U can Still have 75% evasion on flasks, having about 7k Hp(9k+ with legacy)...

Now about ur gear:
1) Flasks. Ur BIS is: VoVT, ToH, Atziri's. Other's u must have to swap: Surgeon's Jade, Granite, Quicksilver and Dying Sun is also very good..
3)If u take the right nods in the tree u will not need HP flasks ( no degen at all from blood rage),
and on NO regen maps u can heal by leach...
2)Take the 7-8 asendancy nods. Master Alchemist is a MUST.
3)the boots are not good. Should have 3 res+ HP. U should cover cap resists by diamond rings, belt, boots. That's all. If not enough hit it on Jewels. The gloves Are atziri(BIS) or maligaro's.. forget rare gloves for ranger, a very bad choice. Amulet is Hp+pure damage...
4) +7% hp on jewels is a must (4 jewels minimum)..

So if u do it u will be able to do ALL content in the game(Shaper,Uber atziri etc..) exept NO leach mods on maps. And Yes, double reflect is also doable (should take arrow dancing nod)
IGN:Jane_Has_A_Gun
Last edited by Dzz1rt on Sep 22, 2016, 12:18:19 PM
"
Dzz1rt wrote:
"
Casia wrote:
A

Whoa... Such bullshit...
Well druidic rite is good(but u are surely comfortable without it), and primal spirit... well Heart of the oak with 8% life is far more BIS, i assure u.. U can handle 1 useless nod taking Druidic rite ok, but another one...pls no...
It's more comfortable in flasks terms, but it's never is A MUST, or a giant mistake...

so, you go pathfinder to get flask charges on crit, then don't spend four passive points to increase that charges on crit by 40%?
thats very foolish.
pretty sure that advice is far more sound then "get a legacy kaoms"
you can throw currency at the problem, or mechanics. point for point, those are far and away among the best nodes you can get in the entire tree for what they do, ever since unique flasks were introduced. And this is especially true for pathfinder with master surgeon and natures boon.
Last edited by Casia on Sep 22, 2016, 12:33:06 PM
Casia,
first of all thank you for your thoughts and tips. I tried to remove mana leech but the leech on gloves wasn't enough. So at the moment I respecced all you mentioned but removed one frenzy node for mana leech. will be better as soon i reach the next level (91).
You were right, I really haven't seen the full potential of the whole flask thing. I added a Diamond flask yesterday and the damage boost is awesome. Only 1 death yesterday on some t10 maps, unfortunately on "the wicked one" again :)

So thank you for reminding me about how important flasks are.

Dzz1rt,
I also thank you very much for the time you took to write me an answer. I watched your video and the killspeed is insane. But I think the items you are using are far away from my items, so it will take time to get there.
Can you link me your equipment and skilltree please? It would be really helpful to see how it is done. I can respec some nodes, but I am running out of orbs soon. So I don't want to make any further mistakes atm.

I also thank you for the detailed information about items. I will search my stash for the whole resist thing and who knows, perhaps I can really reach the resists on rings, belt and boots.

Again, thank you both for your time and guiding!
she can be tough. Definitely has given me trouble.

Much of it is experience/mechanics.

Blink arrow/decoy totem are fantastic to distract her. Just shooting her off screen works as well.

The one gear based solution is topaz flask. She is 99% heavy lit damage. so being max lit resist is imperative to face tank her. And a topaz flask to increase max is even better.

As you progress to endgame stuff, you do need to start min/maxing at times to address things like that. ruby flask for atziri, etc. Swapping in resists, life, etc.
Last edited by Casia on Sep 23, 2016, 8:17:39 AM
"
Dzz1rt wrote:

3)the boots are not good. Should have 3 res+ HP. U should cover cap resists by diamond rings, belt, boots. That's all. If not enough hit it on Jewels. The gloves Are atziri(BIS) or maligaro's.. forget rare gloves for ranger, a very bad choice. Amulet is Hp+pure damage...

Rare gloves useless? i think not... sure atziri is nice but its not cheap
"
Dzz1rt wrote:

Well, i am ranger/pathfinder, 30+ shaper kills so far

Would you mind making yoru character public? Or at least sharing gear/tree? please :)
Last edited by Applefarm on Sep 23, 2016, 11:00:32 AM
"
Applefarm wrote:
"
Dzz1rt wrote:

Would you mind making yoru character public? Or at least sharing gear/tree? please :)

Bow attack speed to me feels like it's a Harbinger Bow. Possibly a Brood/Glyph? Not sure. If not Mirrored, then certain a high pDPS one.

Does have high Crit Chance from watching the video (good). Using Hatred and HoT, where the latter is linked to CoH and Assassin's Mark. Not sure if he's using WED/PTL, with Elemental Flasks I would guess at least WED as I would think that the PTL conversion isn't as useful as more Multi with such high Crit Chance. I don't think he's using Faster Attack, just based from how fast he is attacking. Is using Enduring Cry and an Ice Golem, with general CWDT/IC/ID probably. Cannot tell the Quiver, most people are using Drillneck these days, but I actually don't think he is, because his TS only fires 5 projectiles (base + GMP), and most users at his gear level would go for the +1 Arrow.

Thus, my guess is:

TS-GMP-PPAD-WED-ICS-ICM (One of these blue gems could still be PTL for Vinktar synergy) Harbinger + Rare Quiver with Legacy Multi?
Legacy Kaom's
Acuity with probably CWDT+IC+ID+EC (EC benefit from ID but cannot be triggered, goes into gloves fine)
Rat's Nest with possibly TS Damage or Crit Chance?
Rare Boots, generic movement speed/resist/life etc

Both are probably Evasion bases, one would have to be BBBG, with Hatred + HoT + CoH + AM, and the other one would be GGxx, not sure what the remaining links are there, but the Blood Rage would be an unlinked Blood Rage (due to duration on the screen), and the other one is Ice Golem.

Other slots, Rings/Amulet Rares, could be Mirrored, no way to tell. And belt, whatever it is, it's not The Retch, and likely not a Pathfinder belt, because the flasks are only up for 6 seconds.

Ascendancy is Master Surgeon path + Master Alchemist path. No other way to do it really. I can see a higher life (Scion Life Wheel?) build if using a Harbinger, because with ICS Gem you need very little invest in the tree in terms of Crit Chance, and thus can be used for tankiness instead.

About as educated of a guess as I can make.

/e

Also @Dzz1rt: agree a lot with what you say. I advocate Kaom's quite a lot actually, too bad my guide "isn't Neversink's" so no one pays attention. But good to see some using this, actually when I get bored of ESC I will probably return to Standard to theorycraft a little bit. Feels good knowing that it can be done (and very smooth job on your part) though.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 23, 2016, 11:42:14 AM
"
"
Applefarm wrote:
"
Dzz1rt wrote:

Bow attack speed to me feels like it's a Harbinger Bow. Possibly a Brood/Glyph? Not sure. If not Mirrored, then certain a high pDPS one.

Does have high Crit Chance from watching the video (good). Using Hatred and HoT, where the latter is linked to CoH and Assassin's Mark. Not sure if he's using WED/PTL, with Elemental Flasks I would guess at least WED as I would think that the PTL conversion isn't as useful as more Multi with such high Crit Chance. I don't think he's using Faster Attack, just based from how fast he is attacking. Is using Enduring Cry and an Ice Golem, with general CWDT/IC/ID probably. Cannot tell the Quiver, most people are using Drillneck these days, but I actually don't think he is, because his TS only fires 5 projectiles (base + GMP), and most users at his gear level would go for the +1 Arrow.

Thus, my guess is:

TS-GMP-PPAD-WED-ICS-ICM Harbinger + Rare Quiver with Legacy Multi?
Legacy Kaom's
Acuity with probably CWDT+IC+ID+EC (EC benefit from ID but cannot be triggered, goes into gloves fine)
Rat's Nest with possibly TS Damage or Crit Chance?
Rare Boots, generic movement speed/resist/life etc

Other slots, Rings/Amulet Rares, could be Mirrored, no way to tell. And belt, whatever it is, it's not The Retch, and likely not a Pathfinder belt, because the flasks are only up for 6 seconds.

Ascendancy is Master Surgeon path + Master Alchemist path. No other way to do it really. I can see a higher life (Scion Life Wheel?) build if using a Harbinger, because with ICS Gem you need very little invest in the tree in terms of Crit Chance, and thus can be used for tankiness instead.

About as educated of a guess as I can make.

/e

Also @Dzz1rt: agree a lot with what you say. I advocate Kaom's quite a lot actually, too bad my guide "isn't Neversink's" so no one pays attention. But good to see some using this, actually when I get bored of ESC I will probably return to Standard to theorycraft a little bit. Feels good knowing that it can be done (and very smooth job on your part) though.

yeah. Blood rage and Ice golem have a blue"+". Enlighten? not sure why.

His TS is ppad,inccrit,ptl,gmp, WED.
(green d, blue s, blue x, green P, red W)

Curse on hit HoT/assassins mark.

graphic for bow is slivertongue. could just be used as visual though. But its a solid bow, so could just be it.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Slivertongue

Cwdt+duration+endcry+IC as noted correctly. Cry getting duration, but can't cwdt.

hes got 4 power charges, 5 frenzy max.
7 TS proj with dying sun. not 8. so does not have witch 30%.
knockback. so king of the hill.(pretty sure not a knockback flask on the jade.)
level 91
Last edited by Casia on Sep 23, 2016, 12:30:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info