GGG team are clueless about their own Game?

I would think none (or if any GGG players) at all actually regularly play at the upper levels of PoE.

Chris himself doesn't really get past the 90s anyway.

Obviously they are out of touch of the highest level of play. If they want to be in more touch they'll have to work in hand with the community AND the higher level of players while sticking to a plan.

Currently they just have some random ideas and then nerf whatever people are complaining the most at the time.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 19, 2016, 4:26:54 PM

these two alone are proof enough

i understand that 'top drop' is to be strong. understood. however there is a difference between strong and broken. this flask.. this flask when pathfinder is in the game (and Chalice). guys - this is just unhealthy

as for the 'top players at GGG' - given the trailers they show and balancing they do they are mostly bow players and that bias shows since forever
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
It's like GGG is indeed completely clueless about their own Game.

I will again direct you to the quote from Qarl (or maybe it was Mark, cant remember):
"Reave is designed to work with dual wielding in mind"

Oh and glacial hammer was buffed by 6% while reave was buffed by 12% in the same patch

So yeah, they're clueless sadly
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Qarl, it was him. The whole universe burst out laughing, golden days.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 19, 2016, 6:14:35 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
All info taken from Chris and recent Lioneye's Watch Podcast.

1. Guy who designed Shaper fight think that Life is more viable than ES at the moment. ...

2. Chris thinks Life can compete with ES. No comments as well.

3. Chris thinks that most skills being useless is actually good and way to go. Literally, what? Gameplay diversity anyone?

4. Chris thinks that Starforge / Dying Sun can be overpowered game breaking abominations just because they drop from Shaper and should be rewarding. Any player who is familar with the game can tell that this uniques are broken AF.

There is a lot more of ridiculous things said by Chris but I won't mention them there. For some reason they didn't even talked about Melee problem (except brief mention that targetting will be finally fixed some day), Blade Vortex-Path Finder shenanigans and some other hot topics.

Also I think it's either PT is a coward and can't say anything to Chris "face-to-face" or GGG make sure that streamers avoid hot discussion about hot topics in beforehand.

Today I learned a lot of new stuff. And it's mostly bad news. It's like GGG is indeed completely clueless about their own Game.

I don't even know how to feel about it.

This is why Chris owns a company and you don't .
I watched the podcast and I was really impressed with the stuff Chris was saying. I think most of the points the OP made in this thread were unimportant, taken out of context, or just plain wrong.

The only thing that really scared me was that Chris cited Shav's as an important item for CI. Holy crap. I am very glad Chris is not responsible for mechanics balancing.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I watched the podcast and I was really impressed with the stuff Chris was saying. I think most of the points the OP made in this thread were unimportant, taken out of context, or just plain wrong.

The only thing that really scared me was that Chris cited Shav's as an important item for CI. Holy crap. I am very glad Chris is not responsible for mechanics balancing.

All my points are taken directly from Podcast. You probably should have paid more attention.

I agree with you though, I was impressed with how out of touch Chris and GGG with players and their own Game. And how he was justifying bullshit I mentioned in OP with even more bullshit.

Actually I don't mind that Chris mixed up Shavs and CI. Typos happens. And besides he shouldn't remember what all thousands items do in a game he doesn't play.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 20, 2016, 12:43:38 AM
"
For the players saying PT was a coward you guys aren't thinking it through. I'm no PT fan at all...the way he throws SSF into every conversation urks me like people that vape and blow it in your face at bars.

HOWEVER, you have to look at the big picture:

1) Chris admittedly said that he has no real oversight into balance, new item, or new skill development. As such, many of PT's questions/criticisms/bitching goes right out the window. He simply can't ask a question that Chris simply wouldn't say "I don't know" to. PT also stated many times that Chris Wilson was not their first choice to be interviewed as they KNEW he would not be able to answer detailed balancing questions.

2) PT is working with a group of guys: LNB and Hegemony. If PT were a complete asshole to Chris and attacked him rather than ask questions, what would be the incentive for Chris to ever come back to the podcast to answer more questions? Chris also stated that he will never make interviewing with the community a requirement for any of his employees. Chris also said that he won't hold his staff back from interviewing. So if PT was a complete asshole to Chris, what would be the chances/incentive that another dev (neon?) would come forward and willing put themselves through that shit. PT was invited by Hege and LNB...he has to respect that.

Stop being ignorant to the fact that Chris and his devs are people too. I'm no PT fan...but his approach of dialing back the assholeness was the right approach.

Quite sure nobody is saying that PT should. It is just that he says these things (well, many of us say those things in nerdrage), but then instead of admitting that he simply shouldn't be saying them, he pretends that this is his image. Quite sure nobody is expecting/wants PT to be attacking Chris or any of GGG's staff. Just a sad sight of somebody who cannot admit being rude is not a matter of image.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
The most worrying claim, imo, is that is ok if some skills are bad.

This could be easily translated into: Since we have EQ and Reave is not total garbage, it's ok if all other Open Beta melee skills are bad and underused.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 20, 2016, 3:08:08 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

All my points are taken directly from Podcast. You probably should have paid more attention.

Interesting. Do you mean that I should have taken the quotes out of context, like you did?

Your first point came directly out of the podcast, I agree.

Your second point (Chris thinks life can compete with ES) was not mentioned in the podcast. Chris was saying how life has in the past been more powerful than ES, and that it's interesting to see the arguments about which is more powerful. He also said that some GGG staff think life is more viable.

Your third point (Chris thinks its OK for most skills to be useless) is a pretty big misinterpretation of what was said. Chris said that it's OK for some skills to be worse than others. Also he said that homogenising every skill so that they are all equally viable doesn't actually make the game better.

Your fourth point is just your own opinion about how Starforge and Dying sun are gamebreaking abominations. Those uniques are strong, but hardly 'game breaking' when you consider what other uniques currently exist.

Your point about ProjectPT being a coward and afraid to confront Chris on the issues seems wrong as well. For eg, PT called Chris out on the life vs ES thing; he said that the argument that life was more viable than ES was "Bullsh*t" because of 1-shot mechanisms.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info