GGG team are clueless about their own Game?

Problem with CI is far from just instant Leech.

It's like GGG never tried to play in their own game. Or at least they stopped even try seomwhere along the way. Like they operate with just some sort of statistic and try to make their points from values alone or something like that. Otherwise I just can't accept that someone who created such a complex awesome Game can't figure out simple stuff like CI >>>>>>>>> Life, 99% of skills being uselss is not good for a game or that they should stop byllying Melee already.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 19, 2016, 11:56:14 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Like they operate with just some sort of statistic

As it is. GGG practices mostly spreadsheet balancing.
They'd dismissed any form of alpha testing and cut the relations with skilled long term players, long time ago.
Their source of empirical information are streamers, and partially forums, mostly reddit.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
For the players saying PT was a coward you guys aren't thinking it through. I'm no PT fan at all...the way he throws SSF into every conversation urks me like people that vape and blow it in your face at bars.

HOWEVER, you have to look at the big picture:

1) Chris admittedly said that he has no real oversight into balance, new item, or new skill development. As such, many of PT's questions/criticisms/bitching goes right out the window. He simply can't ask a question that Chris simply wouldn't say "I don't know" to. PT also stated many times that Chris Wilson was not their first choice to be interviewed as they KNEW he would not be able to answer detailed balancing questions.

2) PT is working with a group of guys: LNB and Hegemony. If PT were a complete asshole to Chris and attacked him rather than ask questions, what would be the incentive for Chris to ever come back to the podcast to answer more questions? Chris also stated that he will never make interviewing with the community a requirement for any of his employees. Chris also said that he won't hold his staff back from interviewing. So if PT was a complete asshole to Chris, what would be the chances/incentive that another dev (neon?) would come forward and willing put themselves through that shit. PT was invited by Hege and LNB...he has to respect that.

Stop being ignorant to the fact that Chris and his devs are people too. I'm no PT fan...but his approach of dialing back the assholeness was the right approach.

"
torturo wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Like they operate with just some sort of statistic

As it is. GGG practices mostly spreadsheet balancing.
They'd dismissed any form of alpha testing and cut the relations with skilled long term players, long time ago.
Their source of empirical information are streamers, and partially forums, mostly reddit.

Last time they tried closed beta testing,it provided nothing except raging kids and exploit abusers who would rather get banned or lockout out of CB than actually report the bug/exploit.
Problem with skilled players and their feedback is that the PoV is warped.
Most games that involve large amounts of calculations and tons of complex randomness usually tend to depend far more on spreadsheets because masses of info are overall farm more accurate than individuals making claims based on very narrow set of observations.

And they have cut what? As far as transparency goes,they go far and beyond what most game devs would ever dare to,considering that poe has grown and they now have investors,be happy we still get to hear a beep out of any dev at all,not to even mention appearance on things like podcasts.

If all you morons do is just insult the game and it's devs,what do you exactly expect? Keep this shit up and within half a year we will have Game Masters from india sitting at their home PC following a closely monitored sheath of guidelines what and when to say.
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Daiena on Sep 19, 2016, 12:25:13 PM
"
Daiena wrote:

Last time they tried closed beta testing,it provided nothing except raging kids and exploit abusers who would rather get banned or lockout out of CB than actually report the bug/exploit.

True. But lack of alpha/beta testing is not only unprofessional, but hurts development. The reason gaming companies are using such kind of external help.
It's ggg's duty to find the right people, or pay professional testers to do the job. Their inability to find a solution isn't an excuse to launch untested buggy/unbalanced content, and to rely on spreadsheet balancing. And it's been for aegis. I don't find this acceptable.
"
Stop being ignorant to the fact that Chris and his devs are people too. I'm no PT fan...but his approach of dialing back the assholeness was the right approach.

Sure. Being one of those who put his ass on fire in this thread, I only meant his annoying individual personality of a moronic cunt, rather than his behavior in the certain event.

BTW in his stream later, he explained how he showed Chris who is who. No mercy and stuff. Hardcore macho and many fucks in between. Explicit content and all.
Enough about this clown.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 19, 2016, 1:57:33 PM
"

Their is one his name is Neon.

The one who let freeze mine broken an entire league then posted a video of it trivializing bosses?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Head_Less wrote:
"

Their is one his name is Neon.

The one who let freeze mine broken an entire league then posted a video of it trivializing bosses?

Hes a good player but yes I believe.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Freeze mine prolif, my god not even that amount of cheese is as broken as a specific build I won't bother mentioning by name.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

1. Guy who designed Shaper fight think that Life is more viable than ES at the moment. ...

2. Chris thinks Life can compete with ES. No comments as well.

GGG HATES LIFE BUILDS
They always have I don't know why but as a player who only plays life builds it can be a struggle at times.

Especially when your friends are running ES with double sometimes tripple the buffer that you have till death. Chaos immune, max res, high Armour.

Life builds work but ES is better there is no debate. It has been this way for years.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by deadunion on Sep 19, 2016, 2:03:26 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Freeze mine prolif, my god not even that amount of cheese is as broken as a specific build I won't bother mentioning by name.

2c for a pm of the build. Final Offer.

<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info