GGG team are clueless about their own Game?

"
Perq wrote:
1. Yeah... I've seen Ziggy's interview with them, and they seem absolutely oblivious of the current state of the game. I mean, seriously, saying that life can compete with ES now is absolute bollocks.

2. Again, oblivious. Why there isn't any of the pro players of the scene (like Etup, ghudda, your-idea) in the QA team is beyond me. How can you balance your game if you cannot take care of the end-game properly.

3. This is... very bad. I think it was Rory who said something along the lines they do not want players to use one skill from the beginning of the game, to the end, with no progression.
I ask only one question - why the fuck not? Really, is there any good answer to that? Why some bosses can roll Dual Strike (Atziri Trio) and be good with them, but players have to change their gems all the time? Gem progression is done by leveling them up - not by switching them out. Why would you limit the amount of possible builds?

4. It would be true if Shaper was actually a hard, rare to kill boss, and there were very few of those items. And that would actually work, because these items would cost a fortune. But given that they can be CHEESED AS FUCK with SOME BUILDS, this is absolute bullshit.

Honestly, the whole I'm such an asshole theater PT was creating, where there was no one watching, and now being a coward is sad sight. He had soooo much to say about how bad GGG's dev team was doing, including name calling and angry rants. He had soooo much to say how clueless they were.
And where is this all have gone? Oh, because he actually has to talk to them now, and there is his new-found streamer carrer at stakes, so he'll pretend everything is ok. This is not PT I was watching some time ago. :/

Gotta admit I was very happy with PT going into full-time streaming and being more relevant because of his a little more direct attitude (while a little bit cringy with the I'm pretending that I'm an asshole thingy), he seemed to have gone safe-zone damage control, to not anger GGG, so he can get Chris on the podcast.

Sad times, indeed.

Their is one his name is Neon.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Oh, there is? With no offense to Neon, this isn't working. Seeing the BV change, it was clear what will happen. I think they still need some more help.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Lets keep in classy.

I'm not deliberately trying to insult, just being honest. He's the one insulting his own self.

He, on his own, but not me, labeled himself as X, as a part of a marketing strategy and self presentation. While in reality he's not X, but Y, or even Z and it's getting too obvious. And what's popping out isn't pleasant.

BTW you behave as a hypocrite. You were the first to throw a stone, and now hide in the shadows behind nonsensical explanations.
I'm telling the truth as it is.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 19, 2016, 5:20:14 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
Lets keep in classy.

I'm not deliberately trying to insult, just being honest.

He, on his own, labeled himself as X, as a part of a marketing strategy and self presentation. While in reality he's not X, but Y, or even Z and it's getting too obvious. And what's popping out isn't pleasant.

BTW you behave as a hypocrite. You were the first to throw a stone, and now hide in the shadows behind nonsensical explanations.
I'm telling the truth as it is.

I'm not throwing stones.
I'm reasoning.
I'm not here to judge anyone.

Wrote it- > too many "I'm" -> tho I'd put it in as a poem. :D
Jokes aside, there is a fine line between being critical and hateful. While I'm aware that different people have this line in different place... well. You have reasons to say that, too. Just trying to keep it about the subject matter, and not turn it into PT roast.
"
Perq wrote:
Honestly, the whole I'm such an asshole theater PT was creating, where there was no one watching, and now being a coward is sad sight.

"
Perq wrote:

I'm not throwing stones.
I'm reasoning.

"
Perq wrote:
Just trying to keep it about the subject matter, and not turn it into PT roast.

A hypocrite. A stupid kind of one as well.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
All info taken from Chris and recent Lioneye's Watch Podcast.

1. Guy who designed Shaper fight think that Life is more viable than ES at the moment. ...

2. Chris thinks Life can compete with ES. No comments as well.

3. Chris thinks that most skills being useless is actually good and way to go. Literally, what? Gameplay diversity anyone?

4. Chris thinks that Starforge / Dying Sun can be overpowered game breaking abominations just because they drop from Shaper and should be rewarding. Any player who is familar with the game can tell that this uniques are broken AF.

There is a lot more of ridiculous things said by Chris but I won't mention them there. For some reason they didn't even talked about Melee problem (except brief mention that targetting will be finally fixed some day), Blade Vortex-Path Finder shenanigans and some other hot topics.

Also I think it's either PT is a coward and can't say anything to Chris "face-to-face" or GGG make sure that streamers avoid hot discussion about hot topics in beforehand.

Today I learned a lot of new stuff. And it's mostly bad news. It's like GGG is indeed completely clueless about their own Game.

I don't even know how to feel about it.

Just have a look at the frequency of updating/rebalancing old skills and putting in new skills in the game.

PoE needs a meeting to get their priorities in order. Unfortunately, it looks like a top-down problem which can only be resolved if someone has the balls to talk to Chris Wilson
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
torturo wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
Honestly, the whole I'm such an asshole theater PT was creating, where there was no one watching, and now being a coward is sad sight.

"
Perq wrote:

I'm not throwing stones.
I'm reasoning.

"
Perq wrote:
Just trying to keep it about the subject matter, and not turn it into PT roast.

A hypocrite. A stupid kind of one as well.

I think you are taking it way too personally, Sir. We're saying essentially the same thing, I only pointed out (politely) that imo, you went into roasting territory a little.

No need for insults. Which is exactly what I felt like you intentions were.
"
sidtherat wrote:
bribe items.. well. it is what happens when you cannot create content that can defend itself. he nicely put it - without the rewards noone would go for shaper. bribe items. crap design imho but it pays the bills so who am i to judge.

What nonsense. It pays the bills - what bills? How does an item dropping exclusively to one boss "pay bills"?

And what bribe? That's a staple of games like this, that playing end-content gives end-content rewards.

If you don't like the design of the shaper fight, fine, up to you. But how arrogant is it to assume just because you don't like it it must be bad design. Who are you to judge, exactly. Maybe take that seriously next time.
PT. Everytime i hear that name it sounds like someone is trying to make a bad joke.
You know, many interesting things were said in that podcast, one thing that struck me about CI is that it seems GGG is aware that CI > life, and that this is expected.

What maybe isn't expected is the way it combines with BV/Pathfinder to be able to facetank Shaper.

Also Chris said that they now are seeing players transition into CI much earlier in the leagues than before, this is something they should (and probably have) foreseen with the Essence crafting. This is making CI more dominant than earlier.

Also notice that Chris finds it fascinating how life/ci keeps taking turns being "the best". GGG is not necessarily unhappy that CI is better at the moment, as long as life is not too far behind.

If results show that CI are dominating end game, there will be a balance change, however it will come after Essence is finished.

Btw, when it comes to the format of the new podcast, they all need to up their game, Lifting takes forever to form his questions, Hege is only half there, and oddly very passive in his interactions, and pt rambles on forever before he gets to the point. Maybe next time, write down the questions, and have some sort of agreed upon plan of execution beforehand.
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info