PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

GGG team are clueless about their own Game?

All info taken from Chris and recent Lioneye's Watch Podcast.

1. Guy who designed Shaper fight think that Life is more viable than ES at the moment. ...

2. Chris thinks Life can compete with ES. No comments as well.

3. Chris thinks that most skills being useless is actually good and way to go. Literally, what? Gameplay diversity anyone?

4. Chris thinks that Starforge / Dying Sun can be overpowered game breaking abominations just because they drop from Shaper and should be rewarding. Any player who is familar with the game can tell that this uniques are broken AF.

There is a lot more of ridiculous things said by Chris but I won't mention them there. For some reason they didn't even talked about Melee problem (except brief mention that targetting will be finally fixed some day), Blade Vortex-Path Finder shenanigans and some other hot topics.

Also I think it's either PT is a coward and can't say anything to Chris "face-to-face" or GGG make sure that streamers avoid hot discussion about hot topics in beforehand.

Today I learned a lot of new stuff. And it's mostly bad news. It's like GGG is indeed completely clueless about their own Game.

I don't even know how to feel about it.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 19, 2016, 2:41:19 AM
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 3:38:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
well. to be honest the guy who says life is semi-ok is right in saying that most players are rather clueless about mechanics and only understand and use the simplest ones. this ofc doesnt change the fact that CI + instant leech (or instant leech in general) takes all other game mechanics to the scrapies

bribe items.. well. it is what happens when you cannot create content that can defend itself. he nicely put it - without the rewards noone would go for shaper. bribe items. crap design imho but it pays the bills so who am i to judge.

he touched on melee tho - mob density (just like ive been saying for years) is the cullprit. it has to go down but then the aoe spam addicted crowd would riot. they made that bed for themselves with shortsighted design decisions.
1. Yeah... I've seen Ziggy's interview with them, and they seem absolutely oblivious of the current state of the game. I mean, seriously, saying that life can compete with ES now is absolute bollocks.

2. Again, oblivious. Why there isn't any of the pro players of the scene (like Etup, ghudda, your-idea) in the QA team is beyond me. How can you balance your game if you cannot take care of the end-game properly.

3. This is... very bad. I think it was Rory who said something along the lines they do not want players to use one skill from the beginning of the game, to the end, with no progression.
I ask only one question - why the fuck not? Really, is there any good answer to that? Why some bosses can roll Dual Strike (Atziri Trio) and be good with them, but players have to change their gems all the time? Gem progression is done by leveling them up - not by switching them out. Why would you limit the amount of possible builds?

4. It would be true if Shaper was actually a hard, rare to kill boss, and there were very few of those items. And that would actually work, because these items would cost a fortune. But given that they can be CHEESED AS FUCK with SOME BUILDS, this is absolute bullshit.

Honestly, the whole I'm such an asshole theater PT was creating, where there was no one watching, and now being a coward is sad sight. He had soooo much to say about how bad GGG's dev team was doing, including name calling and angry rants. He had soooo much to say how clueless they were.
And where is this all have gone? Oh, because he actually has to talk to them now, and there is his new-found streamer carrer at stakes, so he'll pretend everything is ok. This is not PT I was watching some time ago. :/

Gotta admit I was very happy with PT going into full-time streaming and being more relevant because of his a little more direct attitude (while a little bit cringy with the I'm pretending that I'm an asshole thingy), he seemed to have gone safe-zone damage control, to not anger GGG, so he can get Chris on the podcast.

Sad times, indeed.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 19, 2016, 2:59:05 AM
I found it really funny how there was a screen showcasing the guardians by a duelist using cleave and lacerate. Everytime he went close to use cleave he got destroyed and went back to using Lacerate. Was it just trolling or do they not see the problem there? Was that showcasing how Cleave can beat end game content??
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Thinking that it's OK to have some OP skills or items isn't being "clueless", it's just having a different opinion. It's a shitty opinion, I agree, but that doesn't imply lack of knowledge.

The only clueless thing you mentioned was the life vs ES thing. And even that isn't too clueless: if ES wasn't a thing, I'm sure BV pathfinders would still be facetanking the shaper and everyone would be crying OP. Just because ES is better, doesn't mean life isn't viable at all. I think GGG are maybe just being a bit optimistic about how good life really is.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 19, 2016, 3:09:58 AM
"
Perq wrote:

Honestly, the whole I'm such an asshole theater PT was creating, where there was no one watching, and now being a coward is sad sight. This is not PT I was watching some time ago. :/

I'm not too deep in the streamer thingy, nor interested much. But from what I've seen so far, PT is the same, haven't changed at all. He's a wannabe tough guy, posing as the "bad boy" of PoE streaming, and taking benefits out of it.
While in reality he's a clown and the further he goes into the streaming business (lol), the more obvious it gets.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I would like to point out that the first shaper kill in EHC .... was on a life build ( grouped with a low life one tho ).

Now there is soooo much salt in the OP .... wow
No, starforge does not seem that OP, it seems very strong, it should at least be given it's a shaper only drop ( and not guarranted ).
The flask does seem a bit over the top ( but considering vinktar or ToH ... ), as long as perma flasking is a thing, imho.

ES would not be that strong if instant leech and vaal discipline where not that strong imho, so it's not just an ES problem, it might not be an ES problem at all ( well ES buffer can really reach high amounts tho ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 19, 2016, 4:33:27 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
well. to be honest the guy who says life is semi-ok is right in saying that most players are rather clueless about mechanics and only understand and use the simplest ones. this ofc doesnt change the fact that CI + instant leech (or instant leech in general) takes all other game mechanics to the scrapies

bribe items.. well. it is what happens when you cannot create content that can defend itself. he nicely put it - without the rewards noone would go for shaper. bribe items. crap design imho but it pays the bills so who am i to judge.

he touched on melee tho - mob density (just like ive been saying for years) is the cullprit. it has to go down but then the aoe spam addicted crowd would riot. they made that bed for themselves with shortsighted design decisions.
Mob density is actually benefitical to alot of melee skills, its actually funny this was brought up because id always thought mob density felt nerfed but i didnt see anything confirming that. Thats probably why Infernal Blow with splash started feeling real shit a while back, infact anything splashed.

I had a good chuckle at the CI bit. Anyone capable of doing basic math can calculate Effective Life, CI has exponentially more effective life than life with very little investment. On top of that its also a complete myth that "CI gear is more expensive".

I love GGG and i love Chris, but that interview showed me just how far disconnected from the game they really are.

The CI thing isnt even new either, CI has always been better pretty much, well ES in general. Low-Life + ES > CI > Life , thats the order, been like that for a long time.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
torturo wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Honestly, the whole I'm such an asshole theater PT was creating, where there was no one watching, and now being a coward is sad sight. This is not PT I was watching some time ago. :/

I'm not too deep in the streamer thingy, nor interested much. But from what I've seen so far, PT is the same, haven't changed at all. He's a wannabe tough guy, posing as the "bad boy" of PoE streaming, and taking benefits out of it.
While in reality he's a clown and the further he goes into the streaming business (lol), the more obvious it gets.

Honestly, I wouldn't go into insults. Lets keep in classy. :S People have reasons to act certain way, and if anything, we should be giving them feedback of what they are doing, so they can improve, instead of judging them and labeling as X or Y. If you act that way, one day you too will be judged. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Have you even done shaper guy? Anyone whos able to farm it or buy the thing deserves to be OP OP unique wise like you have no fucking clue how hard that shit is without a fotm build.

Like did you watch some videos and be like yep I can do that 100% ^_^
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 19, 2016, 5:06:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info