Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
Arrowneous wrote:
The bonus applies to the chance that a map drop will be 1 or 2 tiers above it's originally rolled tier value. No where is it stated if the map drop rate has been nerfed any from Prophecy league or anything about the map tier value that drops from the current map. If you had completed 100 maps then you are guaranteed that a tier 1 map drop will be a tier 2 map, a 2 will drop as a 3 tier map, and so forth. So tier 1 map drops from yellow maps is just as likely now as Prophecy league unless I am missing something.

Is there anything from GGG about map drop rates (frequency) changes that I missed?

Chris said on a podcast that they had experimented with different map rate drops with respect to the Atlas unlockable buff (back when it was more maps rather than +tier), they had reduced the rate to have it made up by the Atlas bonus.

They decided that this made progression harder than intended, however it shows that they will alter the drop rate base don their perception and intentions.

Given that they already alter other drop rates (orbs etc.) and have stated they don't want to disclose that they do this transparently it is not only reasonable to expect they have and will do this with maps (without announcement), but that it is the ongoing policy.
"
I did mapping insanely lots before 2.4 Atlas and my map pools were always full with T11 maps.

Pathetically enough after 2.4 patch, it seems my map pool is still full with T11 maps and nothing has change. I got 109% chance on the Atlas and doing any T13 to T15 maps I can do and get. Sometimes on lucky RNG I get T15 and T16 maps but never ever I can maintain my map pool at T12 at all. Everything's still rely heavily on RNG and the Atlas 109% of mine seems like a bluff.

i disagree
now im playing all the t10+ maps i find except selling colosseum/core/dark forest as t15 while i was doing even t9 maps before atlas but i was selling t14-t15 maps before atlas

these are the extra map i dropped from 2.4, so these are the maps i should sell because i have too many of them; the allready rolled ones, ill do them for sure

meeps

going to sell for sure shaped dunes, shaped strand, plat, gorge, shaped atoll because i have too many of them, and i've allready sold about 12-13 t13+maps

and there was bloodlines zana mod before atlas that was GOD for map drops, now i dont use zana mods anymore

btw now 112/125 atlas
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Sep 12, 2016, 3:17:36 AM
"
c0d0r12 wrote:
Something does feel off about this league regarding map drops. Lvl 80 and stuck in t4 maps. Keep getting bumped back down to a lower tier and then run out of the upper tier maps. Getting boring and frustrating.

Wut o_O Im 81lvl and just started mapping T4 (finally got 7x T4 maps), it's perfectly normal. Its the same for me in every league.
"
"
I did mapping insanely lots before 2.4 Atlas and my map pools were always full with T11 maps.

Pathetically enough after 2.4 patch, it seems my map pool is still full with T11 maps and nothing has change. I got 109% chance on the Atlas and doing any T13 to T15 maps I can do and get. Sometimes on lucky RNG I get T15 and T16 maps but never ever I can maintain my map pool at T12 at all. Everything's still rely heavily on RNG and the Atlas 109% of mine seems like a bluff.

i disagree
btw now 112/125 atlas

How are you rolling maps? How much pack size do you go for (minimum)?
Another fine example of standard players and temp league players talking about map drops and map rolling as if they have the same resources at hand.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
ladish wrote:
"
"

i disagree
btw now 112/125 atlas

How are you rolling maps? How much pack size do you go for (minimum)?

i NEVER use chaos orb on maps, t10 no chisels just alch, t11+chisel alch and vaal
i use chaos only if i get blood magic/cannot leech/phys reflect with low iiq
i vaal all my t11+ unless 95+iiq/14+pack or 80+/20+, chaos never, and i use sac fragments with high pack size t12+maps
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Sep 12, 2016, 8:10:28 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Another fine example of standard players and temp league players talking about map drops and map rolling as if they have the same resources at hand.

\o/ Logic \o/ on \o/ the \o/ forums \o/

Great OP though, cheers.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
well math i don't know about.

But i just hit 56 % on the atlas and i have started noticing a much eayser time getting maps of the same or higher tier. Also getting + 2 maps off bosses sometimes , witch is really nice .

Overall it felt the same to me at the start of mapping , but as i have been getting more of the atlas unlocked iv been starting to notice a eayser time sustaining the tier im on , even as i get higher in map tier .

It seems to me that as you unlock the atlas the chance to get +1 of the map that drops helps alot . I have not bought any map's yet and am curently sustaining t10's pretty nice , building up a pile of 11's and 12's ATM going pretty well .

Im thinking once a guy gets more curency on hand for rolling the higher maps properly and gets close to 100 % atlas unlock this will become a very big help .

Keep in mind getting just one + 2 map drop is a BIG win for your map pool as offten that + 2 map will drop multiple maps of the same level you started with
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Pretty sure the truth is b).

I just got a Dreamer's Dream that triggered in a Lair of the Hydra map. Great, right? Not really.

What dropped was a T13.

Pretty sure it got upgraded to T17, which cannot drop, and then re-rolled.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 12, 2016, 11:46:38 AM
I noticed the chance for +1 and +2 are significantly higher but the overall drop rates of map is lower.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info