Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
Char1983 wrote:

It is not about leveling, at least not for me. The problem I have with T10 maps is that they are boring. I oneshot each and every monster in a T10 except for the boss, which survives on average about 10 seconds. I showed my character to a friend recently who just started PoE. She looked at it, and her first question was: Isn't that boring if everything is so easy? Yes, it is. It would be nice to have something to do once you have a fully geared end-game character which you've worked for for quite a while.

Maybe thats why so many people play temporary leagues?
I did mapping insanely lots before 2.4 Atlas and my map pools were always full with T11 maps.

Pathetically enough after 2.4 patch, it seems my map pool is still full with T11 maps and nothing has change. I got 109% chance on the Atlas and doing any T13 to T15 maps I can do and get. Sometimes on lucky RNG I get T15 and T16 maps but never ever I can maintain my map pool at T12 at all. Everything's still rely heavily on RNG and the Atlas 109% of mine seems like a bluff.
Last edited by Aalhamas on Sep 11, 2016, 8:25:24 AM
Last edited by Aalhamas on Sep 11, 2016, 8:24:35 AM
I used zana to kickstart my progression through the maps by a ton. After that you join map unlock rotas. After that you trade/buy maps. If you are unlucky/poor then the trick is to level zana ASAP in order to buy more maps every day/every time you level her up from here. You only need some chance orbs and alcs. And you can level her up a few times on the first day if you play as a no-lifer.

In worst case combine the maps with your guild/friends and upgrade them a tier. But right now, low tier maps cost almost nothing on poe.trade. That probably means that the Atlas bonus is kicking in for most people now.

But I agree that running low level maps = boring because you oneshot it all. But in terms of XP/hour, sustain and safety low tier maps have been the best. This league I'm not sure but I bet that quickly running certain T6-10 maps in a full party is still faster than soloing T12-T15 maps and opening every single chest and breaking every pot wasting tons of xp/hour just to get a map-return.
But I do not have the math to back anything up so I could be wrong.
my zana sells always the same maps, and only maps I have played already.
I read in the patch notes she sells maps now that are missing.

But sadly its not working?

I stuck at 55% atlas bonus and it should be better now because I have a the bonus
but its like without atlas. so whats the point of the bonus ?

I try to boost my atlas bonus but its not possible to get the maps.
Last edited by DiamondSnake on Sep 11, 2016, 2:15:09 PM
The bonus applies to the chance that a map drop will be 1 or 2 tiers above it's originally rolled tier value. No where is it stated if the map drop rate has been nerfed any from Prophecy league or anything about the map tier value that drops from the current map. If you had completed 100 maps then you are guaranteed that a tier 1 map drop will be a tier 2 map, a 2 will drop as a 3 tier map, and so forth. So tier 1 map drops from yellow maps is just as likely now as Prophecy league unless I am missing something.

Is there anything from GGG about map drop rates (frequency) changes that I missed?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 11, 2016, 2:41:12 PM
Map drops are indeed horrible this league.
My lvl 83 char is stuck in T6/7, ran 1 T9 that only dropped a T2.
The main issue I am having is with the machines of the atlas, If you unlock a map it can now drop from any other map. This means that exploring the Atlas without trading is impossible, getting connected maps to drops is harder and harder the more you explore because you increase the available drop pool.
This issue needs some attention.

GGG pls
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
Something does feel off about this league regarding map drops. Lvl 80 and stuck in t4 maps. Keep getting bumped back down to a lower tier and then run out of the upper tier maps. Getting boring and frustrating.
"
Aynix wrote:
Maybe thats why so many people play temporary leagues?

Maybe. I did that for a while. But honestly, I do not have the time and energy again to devote to get a 6link in a league. Also the map situation in Essence league sounds like it is pretty bad as well, so for now, I am staying away from that. Maybe I am missing out, who knows. But if I want to kill the Shaper, Standard league is my best option by far.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
The bonus applies to the chance that a map drop will be 1 or 2 tiers above it's originally rolled tier value. No where is it stated if the map drop rate has been nerfed any from Prophecy league or anything about the map tier value that drops from the current map. If you had completed 100 maps then you are guaranteed that a tier 1 map drop will be a tier 2 map, a 2 will drop as a 3 tier map, and so forth. So tier 1 map drops from yellow maps is just as likely now as Prophecy league unless I am missing something.

Is there anything from GGG about map drop rates (frequency) changes that I missed?

Well they said they did not nerf it, so it should be a pure buff.

Also, it doesn't answer the question of whether option a), b) or c) from the opening post happens in case that the map that is rolled cannot actually drop.

"
silverdash wrote:
But I agree that running low level maps = boring because you oneshot it all. But in terms of XP/hour, sustain and safety low tier maps have been the best. This league I'm not sure but I bet that quickly running certain T6-10 maps in a full party is still faster than soloing T12-T15 maps and opening every single chest and breaking every pot wasting tons of xp/hour just to get a map-return.
But I do not have the math to back anything up so I could be wrong.

You may be right or wrong, but it doesn't matter either way - it is boring, and I am not looking to play a boring game.

"
c0d0r12 wrote:
Something does feel off about this league regarding map drops. Lvl 80 and stuck in t4 maps. Keep getting bumped back down to a lower tier and then run out of the upper tier maps. Getting boring and frustrating.

Again, you missed the topic. This is about the Atlas bonus if you have unlocked all the tiers (and can get that +2 map) and also have a high bonus % from the Atlas mechanics. Getting stuck in T4 maps is another problem.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info