Path of Exile 2 - What would you like guys to see?

It is no secret that one day we might be able to see PoE 2 project on horizon.

But what exactly we would like to see from PoE 2?

GGG earned people trust making PoE, so for the sake of game quality (its really good as it is now) I really would love PoE to go paid game with micro-transactions kept in the game as well.

I would also like to see a massive 4 acts, 4x bigger than they are now. Bigger skill tree than we have now. Lots of sweet loot, lots of skills and possibilities to play the game as you wish.

I am so grateful that Diablo 3 got schrekt for Blizzard ignorance and failed ambitions and in its place rose game worthy our attention.

Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 8:24:57 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG said they don't plan on it.

PoE 2 would probably mostly be an opportunity to make broad, sweeping changes that could potentially upset the entire player base if they were instead PoE patches. And knowing GGG devs as they have presented themselves over the years, it wouldn't be called PoE 2. It would have a completely different name to discourage comparison between the two.

I would totally dig that, too. Applying the same careful attention to a complex interaction of variables like PoE, but with some unshakeable axioms shaken up. What if there were 6 main attributes instead of 3? What if we found a way to add Spears to the game? What if instead of Attack and Spell, there were a third damage category?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Melee vs ranged balance.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
panmisiek123 wrote:
GGG earned people trust making PoE
Did they? Edit: I was a bit over the top, but it still stands.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Aug 31, 2016, 8:12:30 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
[

Case in point, doesn't this all sound very familiar? How many long time, big money supporters from the old days do you see floating around here?

Not that many given that the game is a very different beast then in the past.

Certain changes discouraged creativity, instead of enabling more. I think this is one of the larger thing.

In terms of unique item design, I find it hard to judge them on it given we only really see part of one persons views on the things. For example we see unique items added from what seems like a relatively quick pace, if its something easily agreed on or isn't searching for too much.

I think unique item design can be really difficult, because people have an idea of how they want something and there are so many things to consider when adding such an item.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Melee vs ranged balance.

Single target vs. AoE

Single target should, in every case, do more damage vs. a single target than AoE abilities.

Single target vs. AoE is much more out of wack than Melee vs. Ranged.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
They might as well start on POE 2 now after those patch notes. A lot of the things that were unique to POE are now gone. Better to start on some fresh ideas than go backwards.

EleGiggle

"
Single target vs. AoE

Single target should, in every case, do more damage vs. a single target than AoE abilities.

All of these are huge issues because the socket\support gems system in PoE.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Rafein wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Melee vs ranged balance.

Single target vs. AoE

A total rework of the combat machanics.

I'd like to see a combat mechanic I have played once, cannot remember the old game but some of the skills are somewhat 'channeled' you press the key and hold it. This is not exactly how it is in the game but, there are 3 stages for each channeled skill, 1) basic 2) boosted and 3) finishing move

Anytime you release the button the animation stops, can be anywhere between stages.
Basic and boosted are interruptible by an enemy who is able to stun, knockback or entrap you.
Finishing moves can never be stopped, if you reached this stage.
All skills have different range of effects per stage, the range is determined once you start to channel the skill.

Example: Meleee
Flicker Strike
1) Basic attack - requires 10 mana.
- attacks 5 targets within the basic attack range, then goes back to original position.
- if there are less than 5 enemies then it will hit the same target again until 5 hits are made.

2) Boosted attack - requires 3 frenzy charges and 20 mana after basic attack.
- summons a doppelganger, each of you will attack 5 enemies, an enemy that is hit at least twice since the basic attack will bleed.

3) Finishing move - requires bleeding enemies and 30 mana.
- summon a doppelganger for each of the enemies you applied bleed, you and each copy will attack 5 targets causing double damage to already bleeding enemies and poisoning non-bleeding targets.
- after the finishing move this skill will issue a 5 second cooldown.
- if finishing move was not executed for any reason, 2 second cooldown will be issued.

You get the idea, every skill melee, range or spell will have this attribute combo mechanic. It can be that basic stage is a single attack followed by an area type boosted attack then a debilitating single attack finishing move.

Obviously you will not always be able to execute the boosted or finishing moves since there are requirements for it to execute.

Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Aug 31, 2016, 4:38:42 PM
a new balance team, ideally one that uses something besides bows and understands melee in the slightest.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 31, 2016, 4:50:14 PM
I would actually love to see a complete new set of classes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info