The Juggernaut Unrelenting nerf is in the wrong direction

"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
I wish the unrelenting scendancy also made it so IC and discharge had half effect/damage or something. THe entire playerbase playing jugger got punished by those abusing IC and discharge with juggernaut.

Played a regular melee guy Juggernaut? Then to hell with you cause the discharge + IC boyz just ruined everything for you.

As I wrote on reddit another solution, the one I think was the best, was if unrelenting caused you to be unable to spend more than 3 endurance charges per skill use.

Now we all have to suffer because GGG didn't nerf IC/Dis or modified them instead.

Pretty pissed off because I was waiting for Atlas to play juggernaut.

Originally this is what I thought as well. Then I realize once I'm at max charges on my EQ Jugg I hardly ever drop charges. I think my build is relatively unscathed minus the voidheart nerf.
"
Mastodon2090 wrote:

Originally this is what I thought as well. Then I realize once I'm at max charges on my EQ Jugg I hardly ever drop charges. I think my build is relatively unscathed minus the voidheart nerf.

Nope, EQ got hit with a nerf bat too.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I think we need to change the mindset in PoE that if something is unreliable, it's worthless. I think it's a bit misleading. Yes, I understand the notion that it might fail when you need it the most, but too many binary states already hurt the game. all imo of course.
"
grepman wrote:
I think we need to change the mindset in PoE that if something is unreliable, it's worthless. I think it's a bit misleading. Yes, I understand the notion that it might fail when you need it the most, but too many binary states already hurt the game. all imo of course.
How do you propose to change that mindset? By removing the death penalty?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
well, the thing is that aside from some legacy aegis tanks, you never have that threshold in PoE where you are immortal. so in general, it's less binary.

block as a mechanic is capped at 75% for example, but just because its not completely reliable doesnt mean that max block+max spell block isnt very tanky

people dismiss a lot of mechanics because theyre not reliable. for example foregoing chance to avoid stun on CI builds, instead opting for stun immunity. yes, immunity is better, but its not that hard to stack chance to avoid stun to the point where it's extremely strong - and frees up an amulet slot/doesnt make skyforth as sexy.
"
Boem wrote:
The other perks on that notable are still amazing. This is just like an "added bonus" now instead of it's main feature.

I agree with the unreliability though, i would also go for doubling the amount per generation or something. But even if they don't do anything at this point it's still worth grabbing it for the ele reduction and deeps.

Peace,

-Boem-

Agree with boem

For once
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

This agreed, if something has too low rng to rely on by itself, then need add something else (with rng also) in addition, to "fill the cap". Is not good balance, if just pick a node, and then everything solved. Is not how it's supposed to work.

Change the mindset to combining mechanics of skills and stuff, instead of just picking some one OP node and be done with it. This is my suggestion.

This was understandable nerf, imo. Was too good for what it does.
"
grepman wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
well, the thing is that aside from some legacy aegis tanks, you never have that threshold in PoE where you are immortal. so in general, it's less binary.

block as a mechanic is capped at 75% for example, but just because its not completely reliable doesnt mean that max block+max spell block isnt very tanky

people dismiss a lot of mechanics because theyre not reliable. for example foregoing chance to avoid stun on CI builds, instead opting for stun immunity. yes, immunity is better, but its not that hard to stack chance to avoid stun to the point where it's extremely strong - and frees up an amulet slot/doesnt make skyforth as sexy.

Unreliability is how you die in HC. When the stars align, it happens. It is like block, they are great, until they aren't. And the longer window you give RNG time to screw you, the more likely it will happen.
I would much rather them make Juggernaut reliable, like doubling endurance charge gain or even just +1 endurance charge gain, instead of an unreliable 30% trigger.
Juggernaut was a great class even before they buffed that node. I'm still not sure why they did that.
That path gave you an Extra end charge, chance to gain them when hit. Then it gave you melee damage for each end charge as well as a mini Elemental Adaptation from the old Marauder tree. This was more then enough.

GGG had to have known that instant max charges where going to break something.
25% is still a pretty good chance and this requires some effort to generate and sustain charges rather than just have 100% uptime IC with no drawbacks. Now it might be a better idea to manually cast IC when you most need it and keep the endurance charges up at other times for phys mitigation. I'm sure most builds will find a way to generate 1 charge every 10 secs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info