Single Target solution for EA discussion

RIP Frost Wall..... Dayz of Oneshotting bosses with EA are gone.

So what are we going to do now?....

Another 6L ST Quill on swap for Single target? But how good is max 5 arrows fuse compared to frost wall holding something 30-40 fuses before going BOOM.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 3:46:22 PM
I guess it's back to the days of Ignite.

Another option is to use a +2/+1 bow for single target. But I guess you'd still want ignite for that as well.

But then there's that curse effectiveness nerf... :(
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 31, 2016, 9:11:46 AM
Rather than use another quillrain for single target you could use a +3 bow with empower - chance to ignite - increased burn damage for your single target. You can probably pull off some shenanigans with elemental proliferation and the worm jar flask vs bosses.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
Rather than use another quillrain for single target you could use a +3 bow with empower - chance to ignite - increased burn damage for your single target. You can probably pull off some shenanigans with elemental proliferation and the worm jar flask vs bosses.

So for maximum ST burn it would be EA - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite - Inc Burning Dmg - Fire Pen - Empower???

I'd rather have insane AoE clear from EA with Quill and then swap for Insane ST burn setup.
-Forever Casual-
Last edited by _Zerk_ on Aug 31, 2016, 9:46:19 AM
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
"
Dethklok wrote:

So for maximum ST burn it would be EA - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite - Inc Burning Dmg - Fire Pen - Empower???

I'd rather have insane AoE clear from EA with Quill and then swap for Insane ST burn setup.

Slower Proj would, probably, be better than Inc Burning Damage, due to double dipping.
Simple advice. When it is time to abandon a build, please do so.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Simple advice. When it is time to abandon a build, please do so.

Problem is most builds are garbage. There are maybe 5 builds in the whole game that are not complete trash.

PS: complete trash = anything less than godmode.
-Forever Casual-
Last edited by _Zerk_ on Aug 31, 2016, 10:23:43 AM
You could also try a utility skill with knockback (ie split arrow) to push the enemy to a real wall and then still get the shotgunning effect like before.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
+3 bow ignite setup on swap works more than fine.

Or you can simply facetank things after kiting them next to walls at least that's what I used to do back in the day. But now you also have Decoy Totem.

Knockback on Flame Totem or something is another option.

"
zSavage wrote:
You could also try a utility skill with knockback (ie split arrow) to push the enemy to a real wall and then still get the shotgunning effect like before.

That only works for bosses that can be knocked back, though :P

Tornado shot may have been nerfed (thanks to the pierce and poison nerf), but it and barrage have pretty clearly emerged as the undisputed best single-target bow skills until further notice, with these patch notes.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 31, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info