Q: % of Physical as extra chaos

Hi

Im trying to figure out, how this works.

Lets say I have 1000 phys dmg and item which gives me 25% phys as extra chaos and I also have 50% increased phys damage and 50% increased chaos damage. What is calculated first?

I just wana know if it is worth increasing my physical damage (because it will be converted to chaos) or not....

If % as extra chaos is calcaulated first, than increases apply later, its useless for me.. but if increases are first and phys as extra later.. than, it would be great :D

TY for help!
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 8:38:07 AM
Your total base damage and its properties are established first, that includes adds and conversions. Damage increases and multipliers are applied in one step after that so there's nothing to exploit, physical part will be increased by 50% and chaos part by 100% in your example.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
/e
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 31, 2016, 8:00:35 AM
Well, I wasnt trying to exploit anything, I am just trying to determine if phys nodes are worth it in my build-to-be :)

Seems like both of you are saying the opposite.. first reply is Adds first, second saying increases first... :(

Any source? I was trying to find it.. but with no luck, and damage conversion wiki page doesnt mention when increases are calculated.
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on Aug 31, 2016, 7:41:41 AM
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Any source? I was trying to find it.. but with no luck, and damage conversion wiki page doesnt mention when increases are calculated.

From the damage conversion wiki page:
"
Damage conversion is done before any increases, or multipliers are applied to damage guaranteeing that they are only applied once. However, converted damage is affected by modifiers that apply to be both the original damage type it was converted from, and the new damage type that it was converted to.

Phys damage is better to scale since it will apply to the phys part and the chaos part. Increased Chaos damage will only apply to the chaos damage part.
(Unless you're using poison; in which case Increased chaos damage will apply to that too.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 31, 2016, 7:47:35 AM
Well, thats conversion.. not added/as extra
Conversion and Damage Added As are the same function, the only difference being that DAA does not reduce the source-type.
Rule of thumb: Raics is right.
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Well, thats conversion.. not added/as extra

From the damage conversion wiki page (like, the very next sentence after the one I quoted):

"
Damage conversion is used by modifiers on skills, passive skills, equipment, and monsters. It comes in two main forms:
#% of [Damage Type] Converted to [Damage Type]
#% of [Damage Type] Added as [Damage Type] or Gain #% of [Damage Type] as Extra [Damage Type]

----------------------------
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Conversion and Damage Added As are the same function, the only difference being that DAA does not reduce the source-type.

Also you can't convert more than 100%, but you can add more than 100%.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Aug 31, 2016, 8:28:47 AM
Well, Seems like everything was explained
TY very much :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info