Coming back, need a good fireball build!

Hype for fireball buff this league! Im so in love with that spell and always been, but never had the courage to actually play one!

Im pretty bad to plan out the builds myself, i'm wondering if theres anyone who knows a good build thats already around that I can play, class dosent matter as long as its a fireball based build.
Starting fresh in the new league so please dont link any dreambuilds where they have all they ever wanted on standard and wants to showoff their awesome build, be resonable new leage super poor!

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Pjey
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2016, 4:19:20 AM
Hiya!

There are probably more up-to-date builds out there but here's a build that caught my eye back in 2.1.0 which still seems like it'd work with 2.4.0
The tree in the linked thread won't load, but this one will.

It's a Shadow build, but the way the skill tree is done, it looks like you could also go as a Witch or even a Templar if you swap the first three points from the Shadow's start location to the Templar's.

Since this was before Ascendancy, there's no Ascendancy class chosen so your options are wide open there; Trickster for defence and to help with mana costs, Assassin for critical strikes that the passive tree couldn't fit in, Elementalist for the reflect reduction and damage bonuses, maybe Occultist for the energy shield.
Inquisitor could also be a good option granting you some useful bonuses.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Hiya!

There are probably more up-to-date builds out there but here's a build that caught my eye back in 2.1.0 which still seems like it'd work with 2.4.0
The tree in the linked thread won't load, but this one will.

It's a Shadow build, but the way the skill tree is done, it looks like you could also go as a Witch or even a Templar if you swap the first three points from the Shadow's start location to the Templar's.

Since this was before Ascendancy, there's no Ascendancy class chosen so your options are wide open there; Trickster for defence and to help with mana costs, Assassin for critical strikes that the passive tree couldn't fit in, Elementalist for the reflect reduction and damage bonuses, maybe Occultist for the energy shield.
Inquisitor could also be a good option granting you some useful bonuses.

No Frostwall = no st dps for fireball unfortunately.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
The streamer zizaran aka pcchild played a vaal fireball build in prophecy hc.
Pretty sure you can still find the character with gear and tree in his profile.

Easy way to find his profile is look at the last 48 hour race think he had two characters near the top.
conflux elementalist could have made as good a fireball as ur gonna get i think. Will it still be good after the patch? Probably be decent, not as good tho.

I use fireball and flameblast on my warp fire character in proph. Elementalist is just nuts, touch anything with fire damage and it dies essentially.

http://plays.tv/video/577e44b9b77fb66c3f

you just do the same thing but with fireball instead of warping on top of mobs, I might throw the odd fireball out in that video or do some pizza blasting but I mainly just warped through maps and pizza spatted the boss. Thats avatar of fire + call of brotherhood + cold to fire to turn all lightning and cold into fire, with fireball u obviously dont need all that stuff.

Theres no build rly, I just grabbed life, fire damage and aoe. Foxtactics has a fire arc thing

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996

But again, probably stuff in there u dont need. But the principal of getting life + fire damage + aoe, probably use a lightning coil or a cloak of flame or one of those new 15% taken as elemental chests, thats about all there is too it tbh. Doryanis sceptre and belt are bis for scaling up front damage and the burn.

With elementalist its just about packing as much punch into a single fireball as possible, I didnt use any multi proj, no echo. Faster casting is a maybe if you feel ur being animation locked too long. But essentially its just dmg supporting, Controlled Destruction, Fire Pen, Pierce I believe is what I used in a 4 link fireball. You try and keep ur damage on the tree to either % fire damage or % elemental damage because these double dip on the burn, spell damage will not double dip but it is still damage and u end up taking some of it because its efficient to do so.

Is rolling flames worth while? Maybe, Id search for rolling flames builds (its a unique jewel) see whats going on. But basically its in an unknown state because right now if ur not elementalist with fireball then Id question what ur doing, but we dont know how elementalist will hold up after the patch.
need a good fireball build!

There is no such thing if u dont have 50ex+
Fireball would have to be good before a Fireball build would be good. That said...

Could try a build with multiple Rolling Flames and a 100% Pierce Fireball, however you have to path to do that. Target a critter at the back of the pack, as far away from you as you can reasonably manage, and let 'er rip. Pierce the pack, probably kill a bunch of junk that way, then blow up for some ridiculous AoE at the back of the pack and wipe the rest of them out. Get a couple of that new Hydra ring in Atlas of Worlds that gives spells an extra projectile, for pseudo-LMP without the damage cut.

Damage will be garbage on bosses, as is kinda typical for Fireball, but you should be able to clear critters with it just fine. Be a weird sort of grenade-sniper, since you want as much distance as the game will give you to build AoE from Rolling Flames. Obviously also grab the Witch and Templar AoE nodes, and the fire AoE node in the northwest of the tree if you can get it.

After that, scale Fireball the way you'd scale any other fire spell, really.

EDIT: Mebbe something like this as a base to start with: www.poeurl.com/KiK

Four Rolling Flame slots, so 230% AoE at the end of any given Fireball's run if it hits maximum distance. Should be enough to cover the entire screen in fire, one hopes. If not...well, there's always Pizzablast.
Last edited by 1453R on Aug 31, 2016, 5:59:28 PM
Okey so theres alot of info here, but its kinda hard to koam through..

Im pretty bad when it comes to the skill tree and where to place the point and due to the skill system that you can freely respecc that really hurts my ability to learn the skilltree.

I really wanna start off with a fireball build, that can survive in maps and still be able to clear a map without dying 100 times.

So what build to actually follow?

How does it survive?

What items to go for first?

Luxury items when currency appears?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info