Should I divine my RotC now?

The %IPD and attack speed rolls are almost the worst possible. Low end of the flat physical damage isn't very good either, but the high end is great. By my calculations it's currently pretty damn close to the average DPS. I have five divine orbs at my disposal so I guess I stand a good chance of making it better? I'm playing self-found so buying more divines is not really an option, but I don't think I'll get a better use for them anytime soon.

How does rerolling flat damage work? I assume the high end of the range can't be lower than the low end? Which one is rolled first, or does it use some algorithm that rolls both at the same time?
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2016, 4:40:08 AM
Yes, do it now. After a patch even legacy items always reroll to the never stats when using a divine orb!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
Yes, do it now. After a patch even legacy items always reroll to the never stats when using a divine orb!

Yeah, that's why I was asking. I was mostly wondering if someone has additional insight as to my chances of improving it.
Yes, it's last moment to divine. But it can be quite divines hungry, mine after 5 divines went from 327 to 355 pDPS and I'm still quite happy about results.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"Low end of the flat physical damage isn't very good either"
Don't get fooled by the weird display that the Wiki uses, min Damage caps at 40. :)

"How does rerolling flat damage work? I assume the high end of the range can't be lower than the low end? Which one is rolled first, or does it use some algorithm that rolls both at the same time?"
Pretty much academic. Min and max damage rolls never overlap, except for Hegemony's Era (and that assumes a top Min damage and lowest Max damage roll).

e; In order of importance, by the way: flat Phys -> IPD -> IAS.
If you want to get a better roll, you need similar flat Phys but better %IPD. It's not too unlikely, and any extra IAS helps you reach a higher weapon DPS.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 31, 2016, 6:32:50 AM
you'll get a better roll than that easily, with 5 divines. Go ahead

(you maybe also should splash out on 8 whetstones at the same time!)
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Last edited by TúrinTurambar on Aug 31, 2016, 7:01:26 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

e; In order of importance, by the way: flat Phys -> IPD -> IAS.

Like this:

That's why I stopped divine mine, I have quite high flat phys, very high IPD and low IAS which is less important.
I stopped at 340 or higher on all mine. About half are 350+, with a nice surprise at 366. To get 360+ you're gonna be burning a shitload of Divines.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Two divines gave me this:

IPD is still mediocre, but better than before, and it got some more attack speed too. It's 327.75 pDPS now, and whetstoning it up to 20% should bring it to about 343 pDPS.

The possible range is 287.5 to 376.3 pDPS, so my bow is around the 63% mark. Better than average for sure, and given the dependence on three random variables the chances of getting a better roll are getting slim.
"
databeaver wrote:
and given the dependence on three random variables the chances of getting a better roll are getting slim.

Four variables, to be strict. And 335-345 pDPS seems like "middle bubble" and needs some luck to go higher.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info