Rip EQ Slayer? What Melee build play next League?

Sorry, but GGG dont want you to play melee. If you wanna play melee efficiently you have to play Reave or the spell based Blade Vortex. They're miles ahead. At least it seems like it to me.
"Hodor", said Hodor
"
viperesque wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
Most EQ builds are still good. The builds that will feel this nerf are the lower damage ones that relied on EQ's massive base damage to carry them. High-damage builds (especially 2H ones) will still do pretty much the same thing.

Well unless you have a great weapon like disfavour you are completely fucked. And I feel like 1h EQ will not work at all anmore.

Why? Even taking into account the LD nerf EQ's overall DPS is only going to drop by about 20%. That's not "completely fucked" status in my book. Voidheart builds (so probably most 1H versions) are pretty fucked, I'll grant that.

Maybe "completely fucked" was a little over the top but the weaker your weapon is the worse this patch is for you. In a new league with no access to a great weapon that is a real problem in my opinion. And for 1h we have completely the same opinion.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
Muldeh wrote:
Play glacial hammer.

Why? Is it a buff?

Yes. It got 6% more damage.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:34:03 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:34:19 PM
I think "true hybrid" caster/melee might be worth exploring after the CoC rework. I'm looking at staff Cyclone/Blade Vortex as Assassin.

Flicker should also be strong as ever if you can stand the seizure-inducing animations. Reave/Lacerate/Sweep should also perform with proper investment.

How you guys think EQ fairs for non-Slayers builds that lack AOE?

Entropic_Fire, Lacerate only get -5% Less attack speed buff and it still needs Abyssus to work properly, while EQ is still strong as many people pointed out and don't need specific gear. Specially with Slayer's AOE bonuses.

Zed_ Crit Melee Assassin would be great but it equals death from any reflect mob and even being in Softcore - reflect is big issue. Sweep / Reave - just no.

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 1, 2016, 7:14:17 AM
im either going juggernaut eq / cyclone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info