"We feel that this ring provided too much of a damage bonus for one non-weapon item slot."

Voidheart, though i never used it(but have one), was retarded from the get-go.

Providing a 7th link to all melee attacks that wasn't even penalized by less duration modifiers.(since it's a global stack and not a local, it requires global reductions for them to take effect)

However, i do believe melee is more entitled to poison and it's benefits so i would like to see it easier to get for melee specifically.

I would also like the assasins poison route to be 75% less effective on ranged/spells and only get the full 100% more multiplier on melee attacks.(and 25% more on spells/attacks that crit)

A ring slot that provides a 7th link, i don't know what they where thinking.

They need to rework the fatal toxins cluster to grant 30% chance to poison on melee hits and perhaps 20% chance to poison on all hits.
(combining this to 50% chance to poison on melee hit's)

This is a numbers based ARPG, low % proqs are atrocious things to invest points in since they have a very limited impact per investment.

I would probably add % to bleed as-well to fatal toxins. Making it a node similar to the assassin route, but granting an assassin close to 100% proq rate when melee.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
morbo wrote:

Well, there's a reddit post (link in some other thread, forgot which), where Chris says they "have plans for melee, further down the road". We can still hope.

cool more 5% damage "buffs"
after this patch its very clear to me that GGG is not capable of balancing melee ...
They could have just removed one of the bonuses (either bleeding or poison, preferably bleeding as there's more sources of it), I see no reason to sacrifice a good chunk of hp, resistances and elemental damage for something like the nerfed voidheart.
"
Raudram wrote:
They could have just removed one of the bonuses (either bleeding or poison, preferably bleeding as there's more sources of it), I see no reason to sacrifice a good chunk of hp, resistances and elemental damage for something like the nerfed voidheart.

I disagree.

They should have allowed 100% with passive tree or ascendancy investment combined with this ring.

That would warrant the ring slot investment, going from an unreliable proq rate to a steady one. Now it was just "you get it"

The new version is just "you sometimes get it" and even with assassin ascendancy investment it stays at "you sometimes get it".

They should give fatal toxins a much higher chance to poison for melee only and a chance to bleed since it fit's the theme and the passive tree location.

At least that's how i see it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Thats because there was No downside to using this ring provided you could get your stats and resistances elsewhere which is kinda easy these days. A better fix for this ring would have been to leave it with the 100% but add in a serious negative for using it. Something akin to deal no elemental damage, while this would destroy its use as BIS for just about every mele build it would allow poison/bleed physical builds to use it while keeping the power creep in check by not allowing easy extra damage from heralds/auras and wed stacking.
"
Boem wrote:
Voidheart, though i never used it(but have one), was retarded from the get-go.

Providing a 7th link to all melee attacks that wasn't even penalized by less duration modifiers.(since it's a global stack and not a local, it requires global reductions for them to take effect)

That reason is just straightup wrong. Other local duration modifiers apply to poison duration (i.e. the increased duration gem). Hell, I'd wager the quality on Less Duration (which is a 'reduced' modifier) would apply to poison, though I didn't have a quality version when i was testing. Someone just dropped the ball mechanically and Less Duration is simply functionally bugged.

As for voidheart being too strong? Without exploiting area/totem damage (and less duration), not really. It was pretty much like a melee-only Ming's for skills that can't exploit delivery scaling, 20% of physical damage as as chaos damage (over time) unless you really tried to spec into chaos/DoT damage. Except ele conversion skills couldn't use it as efficiently as Ming's.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 31, 2016, 1:04:39 PM
^Might be true, but it still functioned like i described.

Anyhow, i would have liked to see it get 50% and 50% on both bleed and poison.

And fatal toxins receive a 40% for melee attacks to poison + 10% on hit to poison (resulting in 50% for melee) and a 40% to bleed on melee attacks.

That way people could invest in a 100% rate and assassin's wouldn't need the ring to be solid at their poisoning.

As it is know, nobody but assassins will use it and even then its doubtful if it warrants a ring slot.(if your dagger based and take fatal toxins then your at 80% on crits after bleeding already)

At least it would have been cool for non assassin specs near the right side.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
^Might be true, but it still functioned like i described.

Anyhow, i would have liked to see it get 50% and 50% on both bleed and poison.

See I wouldn't mind that so much, cuz at least then if you really cared you could take up both ring slots to get 100% bleed/poison, and that seems at least a marginally fair tradeoff considering the sheer number of rare affixes you'd be giving up (though really, without delivery scalings to exploit, it'd still be underpowered)

And yes, I agree that the Fatal Toxins cluster needs a serious buff, that 10% chance to poison has always been useless and it would be nice if it was buffed especially heavily for melees. Kinda sad that the Dirty Techniques cluster is pretty much strictly better, giving just as much damage to poison but also granting skill duration AND increasing ALL damage over time instead of just poison. But hey, that's what happens when GGG tries slap a bandaid on a problem instead of actually fixing it, like they've been doing for the last 9 months with poison.

Also, I find it funny that Voidheart got nerfed for giving 'too much damage for a non-weapon item' while Coated Shrapnel jewels can give 100% chance to poison and a bunch of flat phys damage without even using ANY gear slot. But it's alright, cuz traps and mines are also the heaviest exploiters of poison and its delivery scalings, so they deserve it... wait
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 31, 2016, 1:40:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info