@Dear GGG

"
raics wrote:
"
Raonni wrote:
all they had to do with coc was add dmg reduction of your spells that coc proc to u, simples as fuck and mjolner should have stayed the same.

It isn't so simple, otherwise they would just do a blanket spell nerf by 30% instead of nerfing just bladefall. Some spells are utterly broken with CoC, some are good and some are meh, very few are exactly bad because the mechanic is strong. Now, if they did a blanket nerf to make utterly broken spells just good, they will push good into meh and meh into utter trash.

Myolner is a good example, when they nerfed proc chance to 30% everything except discharge went into meh category.

all aprg are like that u will always have a few build that are like 20-30% better just coz they have better sinergy but it does not mean they shouldnt buff everything or at least try it, ground slam, cleave and other stuff like that should been look into long time ago.
Last edited by Raonni on Aug 31, 2016, 9:10:28 AM
"
Raonni wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Raonni wrote:
all they had to do with coc was add dmg reduction of your spells that coc proc to u, simples as fuck and mjolner should have stayed the same.

It isn't so simple, otherwise they would just do a blanket spell nerf by 30% instead of nerfing just bladefall. Some spells are utterly broken with CoC, some are good and some are meh, very few are exactly bad because the mechanic is strong. Now, if they did a blanket nerf to make utterly broken spells just good, they will push good into meh and meh into utter trash.

Myolner is a good example, when they nerfed proc chance to 30% everything except discharge went into meh category.

all aprg are like that u will always have a few build that are like 20-30% better just coz they have better sinergy but it does not mean they shouldnt buff everything or at least try it, ground slam, cleave and other stuff like that should been look into long time ago.

That's kinda obvious, but it isn't the point. You can't have big differences between spell cast speed if you have a skill that overrides it, in other words - you can't have nukes and that hurts spell diversity. Also, the natural limiter for CoC builds is you can't get a lot of attack speed and spell scaling in the same parts of the tree, however, ranged CoC builds can tap into projectile scaling which was directly responsible for piss-poor state of crit-centric projectile spells, as demonstrated by the last patch.

The obvious solution for the first problem would be to introduce a new 'trigger effectiveness' stat, similar to damage effectiveness, but that would be an extra level of complexity for players, a decent bit of extra work and I don't know if they got a free database slot for that.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 31, 2016, 10:25:47 AM
i want Chris here talking with us, said one thing on ziggyd interview and did everything different, and old video he said he also cared about standard players, yea i see... all was just a lie =/

"
Raonni wrote:
i want Chris here talking with us, said one thing on ziggyd interview and did everything different, and old video he said he also cared about standard players, yea i see... all was just a lie =/

Invite him then if you think it will help, send him a PM and ask him to read the thread or quote the posts you feel are the most important because they address your concerns as a customer.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Raonni wrote:
theres no excuse to what GGG did, its like we dont have the brain to balance lets just delete and fuck those idiots on standard with legacy stuff.

ppl can think and say whatever they want, if u dont play standard u will not understand what is happening.

ive spend 200$ on mtx i feel like they have no respect with player like myselft that play on standard by doing something like this insane quad nerf to one skill in a fucking single player game where 95 % play solo, and the excuse " to improve performace " fuck that i can run legacy mjolner with 50 fps + just coz ppl play on potato pc and cry, thats not my fault.

When you say you spent 200 bucks on mtx that right there shows that it seems you feel entitled, and that in itself is a problem.

Just because you gave them money does not mean you have any say so on what can and cannot be nerfed, just be happy that you supported a games development, and because of that purchase you helped GGG make more updates and content for the future.

MEME GODDESS
"
maciemace wrote:
"
Raonni wrote:
theres no excuse to what GGG did, its like we dont have the brain to balance lets just delete and fuck those idiots on standard with legacy stuff.

ppl can think and say whatever they want, if u dont play standard u will not understand what is happening.

ive spend 200$ on mtx i feel like they have no respect with player like myselft that play on standard by doing something like this insane quad nerf to one skill in a fucking single player game where 95 % play solo, and the excuse " to improve performace " fuck that i can run legacy mjolner with 50 fps + just coz ppl play on potato pc and cry, thats not my fault.

When you say you spent 200 bucks on mtx that right there shows that it seems you feel entitled, and that in itself is a problem.

Just because you gave them money does not mean you have any say so on what can and cannot be nerfed, just be happy that you supported a games development, and because of that purchase you helped GGG make more updates and content for the future.

i dont want my money back dont get me wrong, i just remember a video where Chris himself said that they care about balance coz they dont want to affect ppl on standard that play those onl 1-2 character for ever, and on the ziggy interview the said some stuff but when the update and patch notes strike it was all diferent, so that why is makes no sense its like theres 2 Chris, 1 is the nice guy the other dont give a fuck and do what he want.
Although I never play standard, I do feel bad for you. And don't mind the people laughing when you complaint, they're so happy that their QQ about nerfs got heard that they are blind to just how stupid this so called 'balance' was.

I myself also made a thread about this unnecessary destruction of the expensive mjolner discharger and how its dmg was cut down by 90% or more. Its not because I am in favour of builds that can instarip/facetank anything, its because GGG needs to know that they can't just decimate builds that takes players many months to make due to the super expensive items that they require. They should have made the cooldown of trigger gems applicable only to the gems/items that drop in 2.4 patch and onwards so as not to affect builds on standard.
"
Raonni wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Raonni wrote:

And all ARPGs sometimes nerf certain playstyles to the ground... Remember CM in D3 :P

And in this case they even said a few months ago that they will nerf triggers like CoC and Discharge.

"
They should have made the cooldown of trigger gems applicable only to the gems/items that drop in 2.4 patch and onwards so as not to affect builds on standard.

Not possible. They would have to create entirely new support gems, which just happen to have the same name, which would have created a lot of confusion because people couldn't really tell them apart. Also a lot of those changes are internal mecanical changes that are not even linked to the skillgem.

"

What would you expect them to do? If we just chancel out all the changes that they could have done otherwise... oh wait there are none. There was no way to make that change, because it is a mechanic change that affects the whole game. They can't have different mechanics for the same item. Not only would that be very confusing, since those mechanics are not described on the item and people would wonder why Mjolnir A works different then Mjolnir B it is also a very stupid idea to even do this, because it just bloats your codebase.

If certain items are incredible expensive it is usually because they are way too strong. Getting very expensive items is always a gamble. I stepped away from getting Mjölnir and Volls Devotion since I actually felt they should have nerfed Volls Devotion, but they never did it. I still feel that a nerf to Volls would have been better than the nerf to Discharge, since selfcast Discharge wasn't that obscene. Afterall Volls might now eventually be a bit more affordable, since you couldn't use it for anything but discharge because it would have been a total waste given the price.
cast on crit nerfs were announced two months ago.

so you had 2 months to enjoy your build, nearly the same time others have to fully build a char in a temp league and enjoy the overpowered items before they get nerfed usually.

if you read that and thought it probably wouldn't be that bad .. welll ... you learned a thing that all others are well aware of: if ggg see a tech as "getting some love" it's the time to look around for fun elsewhere.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
@ Vio, in the OP's defense, unless a player is one of the 1% who live on the forum here or the .1% who live on the reddit forum, there's a very good chance that this could have very easily slipped by.

The vast majority of PoE users probably don't realize just how extreme the skill adjustments can be at times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info