@Dear GGG

"
Aikeen86 wrote:
Mjölner Discharge is NOT an expensive build. Because you do NOT need an Volls devotion to make it work. It works well without it, a Volls Devotion just skyrocket the DPS. Neither does that build NEED a Legacy Mjölner. You can run T11-14 Maps and only need a Mjölner. Yes with all the Legacy or expensive items it is way faster or easier, but still if you use only a Mjölner you can make that build with about 25 more Chaos able to run t11-14 Maps and THATS why it is overpowered because most builds CANNOT do that. Not many builds with low costs can achieve that clearspeed and damage of the Mjölner builds.

And the other point "why not buff every other skill?" Is simple because the game gets too easy then.

Again the Changes did not destroy the build. Keep it as it is and all the Mechanics still work as they did you just loose DPS and cannot faceroll anymore.

any build that worth more than 50ex should facerool t1-t15. that exacly why will still happen on temp leagues and thats exactly why theres no need to nerf builds like this one.

if i could i would just add the new maps and t16 stuff from Atlas and keep playing alone on this version of the game that we have right now.

this is and action rpg not a competitive mmorpg it doenst matter if some1 can do stuff faster coz they invested on 1 char instead of creating 5 chars each league for no reason.

honestly they could give all skills the dmg that my build have i wouldnt care if they didnt nerf my build.
I understand your point that you spent lot of time building this char and now it is nerfed. You pointed out that buff every skill to mjolner level instead of nerfing mjolner build. However, you need to understand that games are supposed to have some end game content that is tough and require skill that challenge you to play at top performance to finish it, cause this is what the game is about, the monster mechanics, build mechanics, boss mechanics, so to beat the end game it should need skill, not just top gear. If it's all about top gear, it will become so boring, I mean if you want a build that one shots everything, and trivializes bosses, then why should GGG even bother making new maps, monsters bosses. Just have lot of skeletons in gorge and hillock as boss, everyone's happy right? Would you like to play a game like that? I like GGG to nerf overpowered builds, create monster mechanics that are challenging and varied.

Well that's my thought on the matter, you might feel differently, part of the reason I mostly play leagues to experience new challenges and content. Anyways, as someone pointed, even after the nerf your 100ex build can do all game content, might require some skill instead of face-rolling.

Cheers!
And there starts the point. GGG does NOT define the worth of Orbs or Items. They Player define the Prices. I just remember times where a Windripper was a few Exalted Orbs, a Voltaxic too, now they are a few chaos. And the Droprate did not change at all, but the Players are not willing to pay that much for them anymore. So "every build what costs 50 ex should.." is just invalid, because if the Players now decide that lets say Apep's Rage is now worth 50 exa, it does not chance anything about the Item at all.

There is no relationship between Price and use because they playerbase simply make up the prices.

And again GGG showed now a lot of time that FACEROLLING IS NEVER INTENTED. That is NOT what they want, and everytime a build was enabling this, it was nerfed because again, GGG does NOT want Facerolling. If you would listen to the interviews exactly that is a part why the Labyrinth is how it is, they try to prevent facerolling.

It does not matter if YOU want facerolling, GGG does not like it, it is their game and if you cannot accept it, this game is nothing for you and you could try Diablo 3.

And again: Mjölner build still works, they still to a lot of damage, you can simply not brainafk grind through everything anymore.
"
Tereng wrote:
I understand your point that you spent lot of time building this char and now it is nerfed. You pointed out that buff every skill to mjolner level instead of nerfing mjolner build. However, you need to understand that games are supposed to have some end game content that is tough and require skill that challenge you to play at top performance to finish it, cause this is what the game is about, the monster mechanics, build mechanics, boss mechanics, so to beat the end game it should need skill, not just top gear. If it's all about top gear, it will become so boring, I mean if you want a build that one shots everything, and trivializes bosses, then why should GGG even bother making new maps, monsters bosses. Just have lot of skeletons in gorge and hillock as boss, everyone's happy right? Would you like to play a game like that? I like GGG to nerf overpowered builds, create monster mechanics that are challenging and varied.

Well that's my thought on the matter, you might feel differently, part of the reason I mostly play leagues to experience new challenges and content. Anyways, as someone pointed, even after the nerf your 100ex build can do all game content, might require some skill instead of face-rolling.

Cheers!

if u played D1 D2 and Grim Dawn u know action rpg is all about gear you farm you get better and facerrol everything has always been like this, thats exactly why nerfing expensive builds makes no sense, its not something easy to do, theres challenge in build something perfect if i want a hard game by mechanics i can just play Dark Souls, Demon Souls or any kind of game with " insert Difficulty lvl over 9000 ".
"
Aikeen86 wrote:
And there starts the point. GGG does NOT define the worth of Orbs or Items. They Player define the Prices. I just remember times where a Windripper was a few Exalted Orbs, a Voltaxic too, now they are a few chaos. And the Droprate did not change at all, but the Players are not willing to pay that much for them anymore. So "every build what costs 50 ex should.." is just invalid, because if the Players now decide that lets say Apep's Rage is now worth 50 exa, it does not chance anything about the Item at all.

There is no relationship between Price and use because they playerbase simply make up the prices.

And again GGG showed now a lot of time that FACEROLLING IS NEVER INTENTED. That is NOT what they want, and everytime a build was enabling this, it was nerfed because again, GGG does NOT want Facerolling. If you would listen to the interviews exactly that is a part why the Labyrinth is how it is, they try to prevent facerolling.

It does not matter if YOU want facerolling, GGG does not like it, it is their game and if you cannot accept it, this game is nothing for you and you could try Diablo 3.

And again: Mjölner build still works, they still to a lot of damage, you can simply not brainafk grind through everything anymore.

its and action rpg game there will be faceroll ALWAYS just watch streamrs every league, its always the same its not FPS , strategy or hack n slash game its a fucking action rpg.
So you simply have the wrong sight on the game. You ASSUME that the game is only about gear because other games of the same category are, then it is again YOUR FAULT. GGG says often IT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT GEAR. If you cannot get that, yes PoE is the wrong game for you. If you want a game with no skill and only about gear: Yes again this game is not made for you.

Why is it so hard to accept that the game is how the DEV's want it and not how you want it? If you don'T like it, there are other games and the majority of people enjoy the Game for not being only about Equipment.
"
Aikeen86 wrote:
So you simply have the wrong sight on the game. You ASSUME that the game is only about gear because other games of the same category are, then it is again YOUR FAULT. GGG says often IT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT GEAR. If you cannot get that, yes PoE is the wrong game for you. If you want a game with no skill and only about gear: Yes again this game is not made for you.

Why is it so hard to accept that the game is how the DEV's want it and not how you want it? If you don'T like it, there are other games and the majority of people enjoy the Game for not being only about Equipment.

dude you didnt get the point.. they nerf coc and mjolner.. ok
new league will start in 1 month ppl will faceroll t1-t15
them they will nerf next league those skills..
new skills will arrive, they will use now those skills to faceroll..
they will nerf..

It never end, so why nerf something random, that will not change the game at all. every league will be the same its and action rpg they said themselves on the interview with ZiggyD most of the content must be " easy " Chris said that go check the video, just the very late game or some random encounters should be hard.. they never said anything about make the game a new Dark Souls.

please. 2016 could be 2050 action rpgs will always be action rpgs.
Last edited by Raonni on Aug 31, 2016, 1:25:39 AM
"
Raonni wrote:
"
Tereng wrote:

Cheers!

if u played D1 D2 and Grim Dawn u know action rpg is all about gear you farm you get better and facerrol everything has always been like this, thats exactly why nerfing expensive builds makes no sense, its not something easy to do, theres challenge in build something perfect if i want a hard game by mechanics i can just play Dark Souls, Demon Souls or any kind of game with " insert Difficulty lvl over 9000 ".

this aint diablo mate, take that whiney arguement and your rmt gear somewhere else.
First of all Dark souls is not hard. The Lack of having auto-regen and Quicksave/quickload does not make a game hard. (about 5-10 years ago every game had a checkpoint system where you had to start over there again when you died) and second does "ARPG" NOT MEAN "just faceroll with no difficulty". And Endgame is considered Maps 7+ and so on.

And you are ignoring 90% of my post and just refer to one sentence.

ARPG just means "Action Role Play Game" it does NOT say anything about skill mechanics, loot mechanics, difficulties and so on. Path of exile NEVER WANTED TO BE EASY AT ALL POINTS. T11+ Maps are supposed to be hard, Uber Atziri is supposed to be hard, the shaper now is supposed to be hard.

Is it so hard to understand that this is Path of exile, a own game with own rules and NOT Diablo 1, 2 ,3 , Grim dawn or what ever else. Is it so fucking hard to accept that every game has is own rules?
"
Raonni wrote:
I didn't expect nerfs since it's really expensive

That's a red flag right there.
There was a reason it was so expensive.

Basically, you put all of your exalts in one basket and then that basket got nerfed.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Aug 31, 2016, 1:34:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info