@Dear GGG

i'm just happy that GGG grow a pair and did this, finally we can have stronger spells/casters.

OP and few other are crying but what about those thousands who want to selfcast and have been fucked because of Mjölner and CoC??

CoC/Mjölner= don't worry about damage just go full defence

Most casters= be a total glasscannon to do any decent damage, die to reflect/random oneshots

just in case
Spoiler
d:-D*
I don't think the spells that got buffed got buffed enough. That is more of the problem.
Censored.
"
Raonni wrote:
I play this game for a long time, im a casual player have around 800h( play around 3-4h per day) and did spend like 150-200$ on poe to support.
Say what? You call 3-4 hours a day casual?

"
Raonni wrote:
, i just remember a video where Chris himself said that they care about balance coz they dont want to affect ppl on standard that play those onl 1-2 character for ever, and on the ziggy interview the said some stuff but when the update and patch notes strike it was all diferent, so that why is makes no sense its like theres 2 Chris, 1 is the nice guy the other dont give a fuck and do what he want.
So Chris cares about balance and then you get mad when they make a balance change?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
they dont care about balance, they could have done this in many other ways, and avoid at least 80 pages on the patch notes topic, why ppl cry on posts? no1 like to be made idiot all time and effort lost, nerf stuff that is on a league that have no comp and no racing makes literally no sense to me, by doing stupid moves like that GGG is just hurting their own company ppl will quit if they feel betrayed or if you lied to them.
Last edited by Raonni on Aug 31, 2016, 8:14:29 PM
"
Raonni wrote:
they dont care about balance, they could have done this in many other ways, and avoid at least 80 pages on the patch notes topic, why ppl cry on posts? no1 like to be made idiot all time and effort lost, nerf stuff that is on a league that have no comp and no racing makes literally no sense to me, by doing stupid moves like that GGG is just hurting their own company ppl will quit if they feel betrayed or if you lied to them.
They don't care about balance? The changes are to balance things. Your join date is 2013. Have you been living under a rock? For the last 3 years every patch notes has included balance changes. And a few people cry about them every time but the game goes on. Hard for me to feel pity when it happens all the time and things are always okay afterwards. Look at all the crying that happened when they nerfed chaos conversion. People said the same stuff you are saying but somehow we all survived. They avoid legacy items whenever they can figure out a way to nerf something mechanically instead of just changing values. Happened most recently to voltaxic, consuming dark, and infernal mantle. Before that it happened to crown of eyes. There will be others in the future.
Fun thing... maybe I get an affordable Devotion this league to use it for not CoC... was always way too expensive just to spice up a build that didn't actually needed it.

And honestly they sometimes did make odd balance decisions but the CoC one is understandable. That is now the 3rd time they are nerfing CoC and all the previous nerfs were just not enough to be meaningful. So now they actually do it right. It is far easier to eventually move back a bit. They should have hit the gem and likely Mjölnir a lot harder the first time before people got too used to it. But since Incinerate they tend to nerf a bit more intense if some things really crowd out other options. They did that with Incinerate, Spark and now CoC/Mjölnir. They didn't do it with Bladefall likely because they feel that poison is the issue, and a change to Bladefall wouldn't actually do much, people would just move on to the next best skill to apply it.
mark1030 wrote
"
They don't care about balance? The changes are to balance things.

GGG dont seem to care much about balance to me, they care about changing the meta, coc could've easily been balanced so could've block back in the day, srs, incinerate, vms things just go from hero to zero around here and have since i started playing.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 31, 2016, 10:36:38 PM
Mjolner was never the best stuff, was just a viable melee build that was expensive around 30ex to do a weak version of its legacy counterpart, they nerfed it coz jugger 100% always 10end charges , they should have just nerfed jugger and let mjolner where it is right now a "ok" build that can face late game with time and currency investment, but why? lets just nerf melee more and force every1 to go fireball and bow builds next league just coz we like this dota 2 meta style!
Last edited by Raonni on Aug 31, 2016, 10:41:18 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
mark1030 wrote
"
They don't care about balance? The changes are to balance things.

GGG dont seem to care much about balance to me, they care about changing the meta, coc could've easily been balanced so could've block back in the day, srs, incinerate, vms things just go from hero to zero around here and have since i started playing.

Well at least SRS is far from dead. It's not the ultimate wuush anymore (mostly because its hard to use it with Poison). VMS and VSpark were nerfed because they are support skills, like all Vaal Skills, they didn't intend them to be that good. And when I last looked at some builds I did notice that people even start picking up Incinerate again. The thing with PoE is that the meta is mostly driven by a few people making builds, streaming etc. And those people will switch over to another build even if its just 1% better. Part of this results in some very heavy meta shifting even if not much happened.
"
Mjölner: Its chance to cast socketed lightning skills on hit has been increased from 30% to 100%. Use a Divine orb if you want your legacy one to change.
Seems like it should still be viable. Just not OP anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info