Essence league 100% fire Ethereal Knives totem Inquisitor

This is just a build I've been wanting to have some fun with since the signal fire came out in prophecy. It likely won't be as strong as just a straight critical EK or bladefall build but I do plan on makiing it to end game regardless.

Anyway, we know that prophecy and fated uniques will be rolled into the main game and future leagues so all that remains is finding out how rare the signal fire will be. I plan on playing this out in HC essence alongside a fire nova miner. This is still just an imagined build and I'll post more substantial updates once the league begins.

Itemization:
Signal fire is the basis of this build and will be used in our off hand socket.

For a bow we have several choices, ultimately dependent on our chest selection. We have Roth's reach for +1 chain and some projectile speed; Quill rain for up to 100% increased projectile speed; and finally we can have a simple rare bow bow +1 gems, up to 40% projectile speed, and whatever resists and crafts we can fill it up with. I'll likely keep an eye out and buy whatever trashy 6l bow I can find for cheap since I only need to roll +1 gem and then have my choice of global critical and projectile speed via Tora. If you can choose then I'd highly suggest going for a low dexterity requirement bow because bows can run up to 210 dexterity where we only need 100ish for EK.

For the chest piece Lioneye's Vision is king for dps giving us a 7l, however it would be a nightmare to colour up and the defenses are somewhat lacking since this will be a hybrid build with very little armour scaling. If we use a 6l bow then maybe we can use Kaom's Heart. A rare life/es/resist dump is also fine.

Amulet: Perhaps a fated Tiki for up to 70% fire damage or maybe just a critical amulet with defenses and cast speed/spell damage. The rare amulet will outdamage Tiki but we're basically going with whatever is available and affordable at the time

Ring: Life and resists. Maybe an attribute dump if needed.

Belt: Life and resists.

Gloves: Voidbringer assuming that the mana cost can be sustained.

Boots: Probably Kaom's Roots for stun immunity. The corrupt card is extremely prevalent so maybe we can a cheap bonus.

Helmet: Remains to be seen but likely just a filler life/es/resist/attribute dump.

End game skill tree(pending changes)
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWAx4EBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUg5ID8QQWBEvEZYWbxa_GjgabBqBHRQfAh8YH0EfxyL0JKomlScvKgsqEysKK3gsnC2LNsU26TpYOtg7fEGWSVFJsUyzTq5RdFH7VUtVxljlWitd8mHiZJ1mVGaeaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnX9f8aCm4Pbg_OEb4V7h2WJ04uMjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZJukyeVLpo7nHuhL6IAoqOj8qaZpwioua4SrrOvjbE2tUi2-rjKvFa-isBUwGbAms0W0B_Q9dJ81ELVptfP2CTZ_OFz42rkIuv17DjtPO1h74jv6_Af8NXyHfem-Tf53frS

Tree stats:
-600% critical chance
-155% life
-135% energy shield
-400% base damage

With increased critical strikes and voidbringer, excluding critical on jewellery and jewels, we will have about 74% chance to crit.

Gem links: EK + Increased Crit + Elemental Focus + Spell Totem + Added Fire Damage + Empower/Critical Multiplier/Projectile Speed

Please do not try leveling early game with spell totem - EK. Just use EK itself or flame totems.

This guide has yet to be put into practice and is still a work in progress. I will continue updating as the league opens.

Reasoning behind the build

Why Signal Fire?
It gives us a miniature added fire support and allows us to convert to full fire damage.

Why Fire EK?
Physical EK is likely the better choice when you discount elemental pentration but the Inquisitor crit pentration gives a huge damage boost to builds that aren't already stacking curses and pentration and this is already a crit build so it fulfills the Inquisitor requirements. I've also already played several successful variations of self cast physical EK and want to try something a little new.

Why totems?
There's no great reason; the totem nodes, including critical ones, are right there and totems are quite a bit safer for hardcore leagues. Not just for lack of reflect deaths but also because you can just chill out in the back with a basalt flask and blink arrow at the ready.
Last edited by unTop on Sep 5, 2016, 6:17:52 PM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2016, 8:56:34 PM

You can craft spell damage and spell critical on bows, so this build is looking a little funner. Pretty much just use the essence and hope that you hit +1 gems as a secondary roll. Afterwards you can craft global multiplier or projectile speed. With the rarity of +gems I personally won't commit until I've bought a 6l bow.

My current gear progress

I'm going to swap flame totem out for EK when it gets another level, since I started leveling it much later.

I'm also considering dropping the few fire specific nodes and trying out physical to lightning in place of elemental focus once I get a linked bow. The shocks may make it work.
Last edited by unTop on Sep 5, 2016, 3:21:34 PM
Current gear

Got a 6 link bow. Not the best base, I failed at getting +1 gems after rolling through some cheaper spell damage essences, and the colouring is off, at least for a few days until I can grab a few hundred chromatics. At least the 6 link is taken care of and I can focus on getting an actual hybrid chest to boost my energy shield pool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info