Is this to much crit?

Here are my stats:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAGt6yL9GUvxM37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUIRLUGWfIOus9D16-5Ms6cIMtHQH5eVIG6PRkVH7-tSU1AwHRTAZj1fl_TbXo5kPAVtGfemn9_vfBFQIvS2-po7NblsC4KbpyuTJ-w4vop_xu-Ie9eFe6EvytOioxGW-TdmVLQMUXQPxAceDkjXz-q6W_RGcY7pO3yVLl3ySbENfDQKeaGDCaaZuMrw1SoLV8k3ZouZsZCP-klRcFIo-iymuW8tqOwY6_WJ04LHkNa-gCy_wwmMNvnoFde5kxg8hq7yHb0nVmOTOghnFbjIW5YykPrfbdQH3I0=

Ill be using dual wands with high crit along with facebreakers. Ive read that crit chance is capped at 95% so am I way over?
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 1:46:01 AM
Facebreakers have critical multiplier, not critical chance.
Dual wands will have a high roll of around 100% each. You have 345% on the tree. Another 250% if you take a power charge reward and assuming that you maintain all 5 charges. And let's say you get 1.8 base and 82% from increased critical strikes support, again, assuming you use it. If you were to use a spell with a base critical chance of 5 then you would have around 60% critical chance.
If I am allowed to comment on stuff other than the critical strike chance investment, the tree looks rather weird.

To answer your question, we need to first of all acknowledge that critical strike is overpowered in this game not because of near 100% chance but the incredible multiplier this game has to answer. Therefore, whether you have too much critical strike chance depends on whether you have invested enough in multiplier in the first place. Suppose you have only 150% multiplier but 80% critical strike chance, then yes, you have invested too much in the chance portion.
You have inefficient pathing in the following areas:

- near the Scion starting area at the center of the tree (the Shaper node and the three AOE nodes)
- conduit + overcharged: 4 passive points for a highly random and unreliable bonus are not worth it
- you haven't picked the most efficient ES nodes in the game which just happen to be the Witch starting nodes
- pain attunement doesn't work with chaos inoculation
- 6 points for arcane potency - not worth it
- with only 146% increased ES from the passive tree it's going to be an extremely glassy character and the only way to be playable in endgame content would be ghost reaver + vaal pact. You always need a way to sustain your energy shield with ES builds, you can't use healing flasks after all.
- I see almost no mana investment, you'll probably have to use blasphemy + warlord's mark to sustain your manacost (which isn't bad at all, considering you'll need the lifeleech too)

What I would do:

passive tree

This has +2 power charges, +66% increased energy shield, ghost reaver and vaal pact. Use Energy from Within jewels below Melding and Quick Recovery to transform the life bonus into ES.

Auras:

a) blasphemy - warlord's mark / discipline / herald or arctic armour (95% reserved mana, will probably need Enlighten level 2 or 3 to ensure comfortable casting)
b) high-level clarity / blasphemy - another curse of choice / discipline (this assumes you'll have other sources of lifeleech like an atziri flask/vinktar's or a lifeleech gem in the main setup; I would prefer option a))

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 30, 2016, 2:21:01 AM
"
Bars wrote:
You have inefficient pathing in the following areas:

- near the Scion starting area at the center of the tree (the Shaper node and the three AOE nodes)
- conduit + overcharged: 4 passive points for a highly random and unreliable bonus are not worth it
- you haven't picked the most efficient ES nodes in the game which just happen to be the Witch starting nodes
- pain attunement doesn't work with chaos inoculation
- 6 points for arcane potency - not worth it
- with only 146% increased ES from the passive tree it's going to be an extremely glassy character and the only way to be playable in endgame content would be ghost reaver + vaal pact. You always need a way to sustain your energy shield with ES builds, you can't use healing flasks after all.
- I see almost no mana investment, you'll probably have to use blasphemy + warlord's mark to sustain your manacost (which isn't bad at all, considering you'll need the lifeleech too)

What I would do:

passive tree

This has +2 power charges, +66% increased energy shield, ghost reaver and vaal pact. Use Energy from Within jewels below Melding and Quick Recovery to transform the life bonus into ES.

Auras:

a) blasphemy - warlord's mark / discipline / herald or arctic armour (95% reserved mana, will probably need Enlighten level 2 or 3 to ensure comfortable casting)
b) high-level clarity / blasphemy - another curse of choice / discipline (this assumes you'll have other sources of lifeleech like an atziri flask/vinktar's or a lifeleech gem in the main setup; I would prefer option a))

Thanks a lot for the skill tree help! I like your pathing so much better. I will definitely be using vaal pact with warlords mark,
"
unTop wrote:
Facebreakers have critical multiplier, not critical chance.
Dual wands will have a high roll of around 100% each. You have 345% on the tree. Another 250% if you take a power charge reward and assuming that you maintain all 5 charges. And let's say you get 1.8 base and 82% from increased critical strikes support, again, assuming you use it. If you were to use a spell with a base critical chance of 5 then you would have around 60% critical chance.

Thanks for the help, i was able to come up with my own formula for figuring out my spell crit chance. I have around 32% spell crit chance using bar's skill tree not including crit from power charges or gear, so i think I'm set lol.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
If I am allowed to comment on stuff other than the critical strike chance investment, the tree looks rather weird.

To answer your question, we need to first of all acknowledge that critical strike is overpowered in this game not because of near 100% chance but the incredible multiplier this game has to answer. Therefore, whether you have too much critical strike chance depends on whether you have invested enough in multiplier in the first place. Suppose you have only 150% multiplier but 80% critical strike chance, then yes, you have invested too much in the chance portion.

I see, thank you very much :)
Just be careful. Game is not about damage. Every1 can do "1M" damage. Game is about to survivability. So defense, defense .... defense.
a very slight rework of the tree (removed the one point in energy shield and mana regeneration at the witch start and got Precision and Sanctity)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
a very slight rework of the tree (removed the one point in energy shield and mana regeneration at the witch start and got Precision and Sanctity)

Hi, ur tree in general isnt that good. Example near the scion area u didnt take the jewel slot but specced into the increased area nodes. If u had taken the slot and placed a intuitiv learning in it u would have saved 2 points(the slot is worth more in my opinion)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info