[2.4] Build help thread! Making builds for everyone!

"
Wedges wrote:
Just wanted to drop some well deserved thanks !

haha he did it... he made me a power siphon build. That guy is nuts, I tell you :)

Anyway, thanks ^^ we'll see how it fares'

:P thank you for the compliment :) you're most welcome, let me know how it goes, if it needs tuning, let me know :3 ill tune for free! ;)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
bumpo
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Can you help me a bit?

I want to make a caster build, either Witch or Templar, i want to be like the classic caster, big AOE and damage, also i would like to use more than 1 element at a time because i find boring to just use 1 type of element.

A person that wanted to help me recommended me this ring:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Call_of_the_Brotherhood

Dont know if its good or not but that would help me use more than 1 element and i also really like to combine spells, like for example freezing and then dealing bonus lightning damage or something like that, like combos, i loved that when i was playing Divinity Original Sin or Ragnarok Online...

Im kind of a noob so i cant give you a lot of info because i really dont know what to pick or what equipments exist etc but i tried and make this 2 builds maybe you can help me out with them:

WITCH:

http://poeplanner.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

TEMPLAR:

http://poeplanner.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

Witch seems more straight forward with elementalist while Templar with Hierophant seems like its more complicated? or more specialiced on something different?
I am in (and into) this game for quite some time and most of my builds are more or less thought through (even if i have a tendency to build stupid stuff, trying to make it work). For this build however I found myself thinking and overthinking and over again without getting a result which seem to be good. This build just feels "unfinished" and i really dont like that.

History channel:
Spoiler
First of all "the past": I always liked the the ideas of Viper Strike (VS) to dot an enemy and bleed em out. The real classic VS didnt work, couse of spell like dps and no AOE.
Since the dot is a poison and related to weapon damg i found myself in merciless and had no damg, even with chaos/dot nodes. Double strike just did more damg (even oin bosses - and still with wrong nodes).

So VS is one of my favorite skills, but didnt want to work. So this Season (perfectly timed to Poison debuff/Essences of envy) i wanted to give it yet another shot. But this time i thought "lack of damage shall be terror for me no more". This ended in the the choice of doing crit, dual wield or 2-H-sword. Since i dislike crit and just played a lot dual wield frost blades i decided to go 2-H-sword.

Then there were a lot of ascendency classes which make quiet some sence:
Shadow/Assassin: lot of dots an maim, which should be really powerfull
Ranger/Raider: Frenzy till i go mad (but mentioned frost blade char was a raider)
Duelist/Slayer: seemed good, till melee splash got buffed
Duelist/gladiator: But i didnt got a clear info, if a 2-H-sword would take full "outmatch and outlast into account.
Marauder/berserker: 40% more damg double dipp, good AS/MS, dual leech, warcry power - it just convinced me.

So in conclusion i got into a 2-H-Sword berserker doing Viper Strike

Tree Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGPDaL8I-F89_H37JDdf0IzPIZD2SOoQXz_BBBQgeWjvDqluUEfAGnfj5FF4DW87AdyXebXyhNkJlm6qNZJybEd-qZQ5DkrI_o_YvWxGvTaHaj8nTeP-CjIJZU2QbCpNplfyRb6nqSd9W0fiOuGwq4TvrEci4sSC2sFRTKQ5ivBDMXTtykrpRsMzBS1vnl-wWhp67_GzgwmbtUtXYEPDOoTFwONuPYngJIu-gOZYD6uTH21sFr9JEzY9tUgmlWqMnaobyGHi9W9sjM_d44RVS8gUYqzxig5IotkRlrDYBx6VLvDVj_pJUVxAh8tUvaebFe11npaLzxXVuS5T028=

What you need looked at/optimised:
Skil tree // skill-gems used (see below)

Post gear (If you want) here:
As Weapon i will use a Doomsower till i get something real. cheep and usefull.
Else of that ill most likely get Ring/amu by Essences ot Envy. cant disrespect that chaos damg. Also a Ming's Heart seems interesting if i lack damg later on.
For the rest i thought i would just go with the standart: life/resis/defenses (on rare items)

But lets adress the last part: skill-gems (dream design)

6-link: Viper strike + melee physical + melee splash + faster attacks + void maipulation + multistrike (if i am not mislead and the "less damg" of multistrike does not double dip on the poison (since its less melee damg))
6-link of decadence: leap slam + faster attacks + blind + fortify + curse on hit + vulnerability
4-link: Abyssal Cry + increased AOE + void manipulation + concentrated effect
4 Socked: golem + Ancestral Warchief + enduring cry + haste
4 socked / 3 link: Arctic Armor // Cast on damage taken + bloodlust + molten shell
maybe an unset ring with a vaal gem, but which?

Idea behind this is to leap slam into the mob (and dont die instantly). Then use abyssal cry, and finish with 1-2 hits of Viper strike. then jump to the next pack.

Hopefully this leads to a decent clearrate, even if Viper Strike isnt meant to waveclear. Since Abyssal Cry points out, the this chaos damg cannot be reflected, i hope it will still be leech-able with berserkers Pain-Reaver

This playstyle and build ask for a lot of health, which i think i should have.

Since this is a softcore build and i dont mind to die from time to time, it shall not be made HC proof. Level aimed for this league is 93, which means one or two Skill clusters wont be skilled (like method to the madness and a jewel socked)

So far, best thanks (!), and if you like to have a little reward ingame, i wont mind.

If you however seek for a true challange to create a build for, let me know. mad ideas are my business ;)
Last edited by Learza85 on Sep 5, 2016, 8:08:38 PM
Your Ice Crash build is working just great and is mucho fun! The only trouble I've had was Piety Act 4 Normal where I had to die a few times to work her down.

Now can you make me a build that will guarantee more chaos orb drops? ;)

Thanks!!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Hey sir, could you help figure a good build for "The Scourge" new unique claw?

"

Skill:
Any (Would prefer Cyclone if viable)

Crit, Elemental, or Phys:
W/e, need to have enought damage for T13+

What type of weapon will you want to use?
"The Scourge" Unique claw

What level are you planning to level this build to?
Need the tree to be at approx lvl82.

Hardcore or Softcore?
Softcore

Ascendancy you wish to use:
W/e
Spoiler
Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAMeBx4OSBB7ES8Rlha_H0EmlSoLKwo2PUV8SVFVS13yYeJirGyMbWxwUonTjDaVLpeXnaqnNLQ4wJzbGuOE5RnndOtj8NX2_Pv1?accountName=jikavak&characterName=iAmTheMem

What I need looked at: My (Frost Blades) Shadow sucks - he can't kill bosses and although he clears white/blue mobs fast, he could be better. Not sure whether to use claw or dagger yet, even

Gear: Nothing special, self-found.
Hey! First of all, thanks for helping people like us that are still quite unfamiliar/new to this game. You're awesome!

I've been looking to make a build that focuses on attack speed that has decent aoe, bossing capability, good mobility as well as some form of survivability but cant seem to get anything. Would really like to see if you can help out with a build that consists of the above criteria.

Skill: any skills that you find suitable (preferbly melee)
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: i think phys and crit..not so sure
What type of weapon will you want to use? : depending on your build
What level are you planning to level this build to? : end game if possible! :D (trying to stick to one main character)
Hardcore or Softcore? : softcore :P
Ascendancy you wish to use: I heard Raider has really good attack speed but i'll still leave it to the pro :)

Regarding the cost..i dont mind if it's a little expensive as i'm playing a beginner build now to help farm a bit but of course being too expensive might not be too good. Basically budget is good but i dont think it'll be cheap with the above criteria.

I think it might be quite hard to match all these requirements and it's really okay if it's too troublesome. Am looking forward to hear from you soon and thanks again! :)
Last edited by leptrx on Sep 6, 2016, 7:10:58 AM
2 leagues ago I made a blade vortex build (my own) which was able to kill any trash just passing by. Bosses were dead instantly too (if I remember correctly calculated dps was around a 2 mln). Was clearing T8 maps. And it didn't required any expensive items too (cost of all items was around 4 exalts). Now I want to play in a new league with adequately effective build compared by cost, clearing speed and no need to target anything. Help me out to find that build.

P.S. Atm running 46 lvl firestorm Witch and I'm unhappy, because of the need to stop and recast firestorm.

Skill:
Any

Crit, Elemental, or Phys:
Any

What type of weapon will you want to use?
Any

What level are you planning to level this build to?
Around 85

Hardcore or Softcore?
Softcore

Ascendancy you wish to use:
Any
Last edited by Ivor_Freyrsson on Sep 7, 2016, 9:46:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info