[2.4] Build help thread! Making builds for everyone!

Hi, Slayer_Tip.

I need your tip for Slayer build (just as your name)

I want to play Slayer, because i like this class VERY much, and its mechanics of turning Life Leech into life regeneration.
To utilize this mechanics well, Slayer needs something slow and hard-hitting. Flameblast is the most hard-hitting spell in the game, so i want to try it out!
I want my character to be a tank. So, i aim to have a large HP pool, many endurance charges, high regen, etc.
For DPS, i think to use Iron Will (to utilize tons of STR) and Righteous Fire (to utilize Slayer's mechanics of turning LL into regen). I also think i'll need overcapped fire res VS reflect anyway, so why dont ultilize that fire res with RF? I also plan to use Elemental Overload, since going crit will be not realistic for FB Slayer.
I dont know, if i should use high Ignite chance or not. I'm also not sure, if my Flameblast damage and my tankiness will be enough for Uber Izaro (it's my 1-st goal).

I've made a tree example, but not sure, if it's great or not:
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAUxBQU1FQVFBQWVMa2RwNS1mb3dIY2hObEhmcjAyQlMwUzRXRlNrNmlLczFkVWhtQTZVcnlmR0pFT1BCUngyWHlDQl9qcjg5MW9aYnZ0a2M3cUdIYXN6MzczTW5LcHJLcFo4eG80a0ZXZlBpM1NKeTg2Mk93NGdwdWFPNV9mNzN3OEJjQm1CTE9pQVBBZmFQSkZSekxSNi02bkNOZ2tWa2dWVUlWdDFZRWsyTzA4MWFhYTRFV2RVMUljM0k4YU51aGxUVGJGSHdJRUIweXpnOXRWeHRBZjctdVhsVkpUUFYtWDlFVi1EbHhxLWxpdnFXN0FHbmdOdGZJMWt0aTlienV1czBHVzBQVjVhTUVFWHo4VUlPOE85a2pFV0w2bjcwNWVFNUxRZC1OQW9IcnZScmZUYl82UHNvQ0d0SVduSjUtbE5ReHdPN2IxWVE9PQAQQUFBQ0FBZlFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

P.S. i mostly played physical attack builds, so i lack proper knowledge about casters. Also, i lack knowledge about Iron Will and RF builds.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 3, 2016, 4:52:41 AM
Skill:any
Crit, Elemental, or Phys:any
What type of weapon will you want to use? any
What level are you planning to level this build to? 90+ if possible
Hardcore or Softcore? sc
Ascendancy you wish to use: any

Needs to start from zero currency in essence league and never need more than I can get on my own. Would like something that makes use of/is different because of the 2.4 changes. Has to be playable by someone who's reflexes STINK (due to nerve damage). Needs to be able to live through me taking a second or 2 to hit a key. Every build I've tried so far dies too often to level past 86. Mainly dead to DoTs that I am too slow to cure or damage that just comes in too fast for me to react to.

thanks!
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Hi, Slayer_Tip.

I need your tip for Slayer build (just as your name)

I want to play Slayer, because i like this class VERY much, and its mechanics of turning Life Leech into life regeneration.
To utilize this mechanics well, Slayer needs something slow and hard-hitting. Flameblast is the most hard-hitting spell in the game, so i want to try it out!
I want my character to be a tank. So, i aim to have a large HP pool, many endurance charges, high regen, etc.
For DPS, i think to use Iron Will (to utilize tons of STR) and Righteous Fire (to utilize Slayer's mechanics of turning LL into regen). I also think i'll need overcapped fire res VS reflect anyway, so why dont ultilize that fire res with RF? I also plan to use Elemental Overload, since going crit will be not realistic for FB Slayer.
I dont know, if i should use high Ignite chance or not. I'm also not sure, if my Flameblast damage and my tankiness will be enough for Uber Izaro (it's my 1-st goal).

I've made a tree example, but not sure, if it's great or not:
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAUxBQU1FQVFBQWVMa2RwNS1mb3dIY2hObEhmcjAyQlMwUzRXRlNrNmlLczFkVWhtQTZVcnlmR0pFT1BCUngyWHlDQl9qcjg5MW9aYnZ0a2M3cUdIYXN6MzczTW5LcHJLcFo4eG80a0ZXZlBpM1NKeTg2Mk93NGdwdWFPNV9mNzN3OEJjQm1CTE9pQVBBZmFQSkZSekxSNi02bkNOZ2tWa2dWVUlWdDFZRWsyTzA4MWFhYTRFV2RVMUljM0k4YU51aGxUVGJGSHdJRUIweXpnOXRWeHRBZjctdVhsVkpUUFYtWDlFVi1EbHhxLWxpdnFXN0FHbmdOdGZJMWt0aTlienV1czBHVzBQVjVhTUVFWHo4VUlPOE85a2pFV0w2bjcwNWVFNUxRZC1OQW9IcnZScmZUYl82UHNvQ0d0SVduSjUtbE5ReHdPN2IxWVE9PQAQQUFBQ0FBZlFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

P.S. i mostly played physical attack builds, so i lack proper knowledge about casters. Also, i lack knowledge about Iron Will and RF builds.

a tip you say? :o

Well, first of all, flameblast is indeed a hard hitting spell, so, you got that out of the way, you honestly should be fine as long as your tree focuses heavily on life regen to help mitigate the self-degen from RF, however, i believe your current 7% on the tree is not enough if memory serves correct... i think its... 11.5% regen or something, youll need to look it up and adjust your tree i think, in terms of your ideas, it seems like it works :) just, tree needs a bit of adjustment, you can do it ;) just, check the RF requirements lol
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.

SO this build will use Chaos Innoculation

Skill: Ice Spear and Herald of Ice
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Crit
What type of weapon will you want to use? Wand/Dagger + Shield until i get Taryn's Shiver or Pledge of Hands
What level are you planning to level this build to? 85+
Hardcore or Softcore? HC
Ascendancy you wish to use: Elementalist

Sorry for using both but iam absolutly not sure if my own CI Ice Spear build is any good. If you have the time check my build and flame me for being bad :P

Tree Link:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN-w34qCEGt61AcXpOkCB6WPpsi_3I0TNUuuAuNEq0ZSGyVJslWu_EzZWyycbRkFQhBYEVBBlq-bNbmus9D1lQSnKx1PTLMyNC0f0B8fApUg7-s2xcHzOw2LeoIeEQ8Bb4hCTC3i9x3ZwcUXVIRIQ1R_xuwYnwGOPFxr9HGTJ4_6LL_R5FZKw20vnb6KUzXQ0Ov1FdeNgp6hFvOhL8rTUEJfasMJhq5T1CKBJjy0DIw2uZNWY-q6idPyHQ18NApwUgdjN2YqCypTLKZd8rJwKwoRL-tjoqMPxDt8uMrYJKcIj0YdFI5k96a2-su9

What you need looked at/optimised: Well Everything
Post gear (If you want) here: No idea what to use besidey maybe Taryn's Shiver / Pledge
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

Well, first of all, flameblast is indeed a hard hitting spell, so, you got that out of the way, you honestly should be fine as long as your tree focuses heavily on life regen to help mitigate the self-degen from RF, however, i believe your current 7% on the tree is not enough if memory serves correct... i think its... 11.5% regen or something, youll need to look it up and adjust your tree i think, in terms of your ideas, it seems like it works :) just, tree needs a bit of adjustment, you can do it ;) just, check the RF requirements lol

I planned to use Life Leech as "extra" regen, needed for RF (namely, 38% life per second). Or FlameBlast doesnt have enough damage to perform that feat?
With Earthquake, i almost always was under ~45% life regen per second, and i wanted to make something similar for caster as well...

Ty for reply, anyway.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 4, 2016, 10:06:35 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:

I planned to use Life Leech as "extra" regen, needed for RF (namely, 38% life per second). Or FlameBlast doesnt have enough damage to perform that feat?
With Earthquake, i almost always was under ~45% life regen per second, and i wanted to make something similar for caster as well...

Ty for reply, anyway.

Flameblast does enough damage to utilise leech :) but youll need to constantly dish out damage to mitigate the degen in that case. :P

Bump!

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
bump! will reply to those who ive missed soon! need to adjust my own build a tiny bit lol

Just wanted to drop by to say thanks to Slayer_Tip for creating the Ice Shot/TS/Blind build for me.

Stay awesome, mate! Would update you with how the build goes. Cheers!
"
Grindingman wrote:
Just wanted to drop by to say thanks to Slayer_Tip for creating the Ice Shot/TS/Blind build for me.

Stay awesome, mate! Would update you with how the build goes. Cheers!

Daw <3 cheers man!

Just wanted to drop some well deserved thanks !

haha he did it... he made me a power siphon build. That guy is nuts, I tell you :)

Anyway, thanks ^^ we'll see how it fares'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info