Prediction: Earthquake nerf - Confirmed!

"
Namcap wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
Earthquake was mentioned in the algorithm patch notes:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715873

"
Earthquake's aftershock damage support gem was also upgrade white or yellow maps and Hardcore leagues, but does not the Headsman Ascendancy points.

Unless Earthquake is getting a BUFF, I don't see why else Earthquake would be mentioned in the patch notes other than a nerf. Looks like the aftershock got changed, AoE? Damage? Maybe the delay got longer.

There's several numbers also in the patch notes. Wouldn't be too surprised to see it become 20% to 35% more damage instead of current values. Which creates a huge issue because as someone mentioned in the thread, take out voidhearth and EQ damage isn't impressive for the vast majority of current builds using it. I know my tooltip is something like 13k which is laughable for end-game on it's own.

That would kill off the skill. I don't put as much stock into tool-tip, it's not a good indicator of effective dps/clearspeed/single target.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

nerfing EQ is 10min work.
buffing all other skills is a 1 year full time job.

i'll let you guess what will happen :D

this is why i dislike this "shop" system so much...
they are sure to get more $$$ than any regular system where you buy the game and that's it.
on this note i expect them also to work more on the game than others, since they get more revenue.
but that's fiction, that isn't the case at all.
IGN: Bluntexile
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Nerf Earthquake but give melee splash gem it's AOE :)))
The only* melee skill with embedded AOE and splash, and no less, but more multiplier, is just asking for it. Like, what an arrogance it was - people playing melee happy with it. Gonna get fixed in the next patch.

*sweep is out of the equation, it had its treatment
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
You are all so hilarious, pretending EQ is not on par with ranged/spells. GTFO you are basically proving you have no clue how to math, you can fullscreen aoe with it with barely any aoe investment, you do 2-4x as much damage as other melee abilities. it needs a massive drawback if it is to stay this op. like less dps or tons of attack speed reduction.

other melee abilities need to be brought closer also, but EQ is broken strong, i bet you have not played poison eq compared to poison any other melee skill, just an example, take poison away and melee is even worst.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Sawm wrote:
You are all so hilarious, pretending EQ is not on par with ranged/spells. GTFO you are basically proving you have no clue how to math, you can fullscreen aoe with it with barely any aoe investment, you do 2-4x as much damage as other melee abilities. it needs a massive drawback if it is to stay this op. like less dps or tons of attack speed reduction.

other melee abilities need to be brought closer also, but EQ is broken strong, i bet you have not played poison eq compared to poison any other melee skill, just an example, take poison away and melee is even worst.

Try it with non-poison EQ. Show me a build that can clear on par with ranged/casters with the same budget.

EQ is stronger than every other melee ability, but EQ should not be nerfed, everything else in melee needs a rework, badly.
I'm a prophet! Confirmed nerf:

"
Earthquake's aftershock damage has been reduced from 60% more (at level 1, tapered upwards) to 50% more at all Levels. Its mana cost has been increased from 6 to 10. Its aftershock area of effect has been reduced by 12%. With the wide-ranging melee buffs and adjustment to Earthquake, we expect to see a much more balanced use of melee skills.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
I'm a prophet! Confirmed nerf:

"
Earthquake's aftershock damage has been reduced from 60% more (at level 1, tapered upwards) to 50% more at all Levels. Its mana cost has been increased from 6 to 10. Its aftershock area of effect has been reduced by 12%. With the wide-ranging melee buffs and adjustment to Earthquake, we expect to see a much more balanced use of melee skills.

So in order for us to use more melee skills,they nerf the only good one,so we can now use the bad ones as well...since the damage buff they got is kinda sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info