Prediction: Earthquake nerf - Confirmed!

Sweep being multistriked with Slayer AOE clears just as quickly, just with slightly less effective area. The only difference is Earthquake is a larger AOE and you can continue to move while you clear, ignoring loot if you want to.

Leap Slam > Sweep (with multi-strike) > Enemies die immediately > Leap Slam

Leap Slam > Earthquake > Leap Slam > Enemies Die After a moment > Earthquake next pack you Leap Slammed to.

I can tell you right now, without this ring on your clear with EQ feels completely different.

I think people are too used to this ring because this ring is what enables the current way of clearing with EQ because the DOTs, mostly the bleed, from mobs trying to follow you. When you take it off it isnt uncommon that some mobs might not die and you have to go back and finish them.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715441

ps the EQ MTX looks soo bad because the secondary shock isnt a gore ground effect, second time talking about it and no response again q.q
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
"
Dorithe wrote:
Melee has it rough enough as it is. Just buff sweep,ice crash,cleave,heavy strike etc. Don't kill the only good melee ability.

Or Molten strike. Man I would love if if that skill was viable end game. First real-ish build I made when I started PoE.

Mjolner says hi. :)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
hahah voidheart. yeah. EQ isnt the problem, it's voidheart. Need to retitle thread to "Prediction:Voidheart Nerf"
"
Tenembre wrote:
hahah voidheart. yeah. EQ isnt the problem, it's voidheart. Need to retitle thread to "Prediction:Voidheart Nerf"

EQ has a problem, too. A melee skill, that has range comparable to most spells. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Tenembre wrote:

EQ has a problem, too. A melee skill, that has range comparable to most spells. :V

I think your mixing things up Perq.

The correct question is "why do ranged spells/attacks have the same AOE as melee"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 30, 2016, 7:07:10 AM
Haven't even used the skill yet, somehow didn't interest me. I hope it doesn't see some stupid kind of nerf though. If they have to reduce the range or delay the second wave more. But like I said I haven't used it so I can't say to much I know a lot of people enjoy it though.
#NeverGoing90
My main wish is that they would quit balancing stuff assuming that the players using it have access to everything that they could possible find. They need to make a game that players who don't trade can still possibly complete, even if a bit slower than people who trade.
RQ nerf will be in form of other skills buff:

Cyclone: +50% base aoe
Ground slam: now slam in 4 directions at once
heavy strike: gets AOE, dont have to target mobs, reverse knockback
Sweep: +100% aoe with each swing until it crash server
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 30, 2016, 8:53:32 AM
Earthquake was mentioned in the algorithm patch notes:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715873

"
Earthquake's aftershock damage support gem was also upgrade white or yellow maps and Hardcore leagues, but does not the Headsman Ascendancy points.

Unless Earthquake is getting a BUFF, I don't see why else Earthquake would be mentioned in the patch notes other than a nerf. Looks like the aftershock got changed, AoE? Damage? Maybe the delay got longer.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
Earthquake was mentioned in the algorithm patch notes:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715873

"
Earthquake's aftershock damage support gem was also upgrade white or yellow maps and Hardcore leagues, but does not the Headsman Ascendancy points.

Unless Earthquake is getting a BUFF, I don't see why else Earthquake would be mentioned in the patch notes other than a nerf. Looks like the aftershock got changed, AoE? Damage? Maybe the delay got longer.

There's several numbers also in the patch notes. Wouldn't be too surprised to see it become 20% to 35% more damage instead of current values. Which creates a huge issue because as someone mentioned in the thread, take out voidhearth and EQ damage isn't impressive for the vast majority of current builds using it. I know my tooltip is something like 13k which is laughable for end-game on it's own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info