Life builds suck - can I make ES lacerate?

Let's face it. Life builds are woefully under powered unless you go life/es hybrid with a coil or have a legacy koam's heart. Even then, you are only barely catching up with ES+VP.

I have a few gear pieces that suite an ES lacerate build but I have no idea how manage these things:
-I want to go slayer so my aoe wont suck but hes so far away from ES nodes.
-I want to go low life shavs but then it becomes a huge trek to get to slayer and still maintain ES.
-I can't decide on what weapon to use? Physical crit rapiers are kind of expensive and scaeva is an option but its only 260 pds and ele is an option but I fear damage will suck end game.

Is there any way I can make this mess of a build work and be on par with hegey EQ life based slayer in terms of damage and clear speed?

lacerate gear

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2017, 1:40:42 PM
Why not just go Assassin and trek to the Witch and Templar AoE? Focus aura nodes and crit multi with that ele foil and do ele crit lacerate.

You can also use a ton of Energy Within jewels if you really want to do ES Slayer.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
XigTek wrote:
Why not just go Assassin and trek to the Witch and Templar AoE? Focus aura nodes and crit multi with that ele foil and do ele crit lacerate.

You can also use a ton of Energy Within jewels if you really want to do ES Slayer.

That's actually a great idea. Theres 30% aoe from the tree and slayer gives 40%.

Do I just ignore crit sword nodes completely then?
Seeing as with that foil you'd be running roughly 11% base crit, you could possibly get away without running the sword crit nodes.

7 power charges would bring your crit up to 50% critical strike chance alone, with 205% increase from tree and assassin bringing it to roughly 72%. Add Assassin's Mark to that, or diamond rings, etc, and you'll be in a pretty good place crit wise.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Slayer's survavability is unparallel thanks to leech. It also have some awesome features like 50% reduced reflected damage, 20% culling strike and largely increased AOE. I would certainly love to see Slayer with huge ES pool. This build should rock.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 28, 2016, 5:53:50 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Slayer's survavability is unparallel thanks to leech. It also have some awesome features like 50% reduced reflected damage, 20% culling strike and largely increased AOE. I would certainly love to see Slayer with huge ES pool. This build should rock.

Slayer survivability is nowhere near Jugg,berserker and gladiator.
I strongly disagree >: Fight me!
"
Nephalim wrote:
Let's face it. Life builds are woefully under powered unless you go life/es hybrid with a coil or have a legacy koam's heart. Even then, you are only barely catching up with ES+VP.

Juggernauts with Mjolners, Romira's, Voll's Devotions, and Kingsguards say otherwise. No damage investment required, no crit required, minimum of 800 life per Discharge (this is equivalent to 40k DPS with 2% leech per Discharge, minimum. Maximum possible of three), permanent IC provided you aren't one-shot, you get to use a shield for what you want rather than what you need, and more.

"
Nephalim wrote:
Is there any way I can make this mess of a build work and be on par with hegey EQ life based slayer in terms of damage and clear speed?

Wait:

"
Nephalim wrote:

What? Are you serious?
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Juggernauts with Mjolners, Romira's, Voll's Devotions, and Kingsguards say otherwise. No damage investment required, no crit required, minimum of 800 life per Discharge (this is equivalent to 40k DPS with 2% leech per Discharge, minimum. Maximum possible of three), permanent IC provided you aren't one-shot, you get to use a shield for what you want rather than what you need, and more.

"
Nephalim wrote:

Wait:

"
Nephalim wrote:

What? Are you serious?

It's hard to take someone seriously when talking about end game T12+ maps when their highest achievement is tanking A4 mobs.

Do people seriously still play that snail discount shop coc build?
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 29, 2016, 5:49:35 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

"
Nephalim wrote:

Wait:

"
Nephalim wrote:

What? Are you serious?

It's hard to take someone seriously when talking about end game T12+ maps when their highest achievement is tanking A4 mobs.

Do people seriously still play that snail discount shop coc build?

I thought it was bad enough when my post showed you were a troll. But the very first reply, even though my post wasn't in any way hostile, was absolutely hostile and took stuff from out of thread.

Maybe I should compile a list of your bullshit, Nephalim. I cannot post anywhere without you immediately devolving into ad hominem attacks against me without any reason or provocation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info