Can I afford to do something with this?

"
srt746 wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
Yeah, don't listen to someone saying simple ES rares are the most expensive part.

Getting that six-linked Shavronne's is the most expensive part. The best rares will get you the best possible ES, but are not worth it compared to second or third rate versions that will work. All the best rolled rares will do is make you less likely to be one-shot, but crits are crits.

Try to do something that takes advantage of low life. Pain Attunement for spells, for example. Alternatively, you can make use of a Redbeak for a good 100% general increase in damage. Very cheap option with fairly good damage.

Consuming Dark, despite having a shield, would also be a good option. Poison double dipping on fire damage is OP.

Mjolner could also be a good option, if you can get the stat requirements. Especially with Pain Attunement and some attack speed bonuses, you'd have an amazing DPS option with minimal actual damage investment.

Doon Cuebiyari and Doryani's Catalyst are also good options. Ephemeral Edge if you don't need a damage-oriented weapon.
Thanks for this post. Yes, I was planning on getting pain attunement. I might go with Redbeak or Doryani's Catalyst, since I'm not familiar with damage conversion.

Taking Pain Attunement into account, how much increased damage should I take on the passive tree? And how much total ES is enough? I've seen some passive trees use 300% increased ES, and some take closer to 200%
There's another question I'd like to know, can I get by without Zealot's Oath and Ghost Reaver? Zealoth's Oath I could incorporate with some trouble, but I wouldn't be able to get much regen(2%, maybe 3%). Ghost Reaver needs leech that I can't get from the passive tree and only applies to physical attacks(I think)(EDIT: I forgot about the Life Leech Support gem, though I would probably have to 6 link my shavvy before I could use it).

Also, what would I do before lv 62? Would I be using Solaris Lorica up to that point or hybrid?

You would be running hybrid or pure life, respeccing as soon as you hit the level to use Shavs and your ES gear. Do not switch too early, or you'll be in 'gonna die' territory.

You can use Life Leech in a five link, depending on your skill choice. There's also the option of Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark.

Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver are essential to Low Life survival.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Aug 28, 2016, 5:27:26 PM
Have you considered Occultist? ES recovery is pretty sweet with Occultist right side nodes.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
XigTek wrote:
"
srt746 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Natharias wrote:
Yeah, don't listen to someone saying simple ES rares are the most expensive part.

Getting that six-linked Shavronne's is the most expensive part. The best rares will get you the best possible ES, but are not worth it compared to second or third rate versions that will work. All the best rolled rares will do is make you less likely to be one-shot, but crits are crits.

Try to do something that takes advantage of low life. Pain Attunement for spells, for example. Alternatively, you can make use of a Redbeak for a good 100% general increase in damage. Very cheap option with fairly good damage.

Consuming Dark, despite having a shield, would also be a good option. Poison double dipping on fire damage is OP.

Mjolner could also be a good option, if you can get the stat requirements. Especially with Pain Attunement and some attack speed bonuses, you'd have an amazing DPS option with minimal actual damage investment.

Doon Cuebiyari and Doryani's Catalyst are also good options. Ephemeral Edge if you don't need a damage-oriented weapon.
Thanks for this post. Yes, I was planning on getting pain attunement. I might go with Redbeak or Doryani's Catalyst, since I'm not familiar with damage conversion.

Taking Pain Attunement into account, how much increased damage should I take on the passive tree? And how much total ES is enough? I've seen some passive trees use 300% increased ES, and some take closer to 200%
There's another question I'd like to know, can I get by without Zealot's Oath and Ghost Reaver? Zealoth's Oath I could incorporate with some trouble, but I wouldn't be able to get much regen(2%, maybe 3%). Ghost Reaver needs leech that I can't get from the passive tree and only applies to physical attacks(I think)(EDIT: I forgot about the Life Leech Support gem, though I would probably have to 6 link my shavvy before I could use it).

Also, what would I do before lv 62? Would I be using Solaris Lorica up to that point or hybrid?

You would be running hybrid or pure life, respeccing as soon as you hit the level to use Shavs and your ES gear. Do not switch too early, or you'll be in 'gonna die' territory.

You can use Life Leech in a five link, depending on your skill choice. There's also the option of Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark.

I see, I'll incorporate those into my build.

"
adghar wrote:
Have you considered Occultist? ES recovery is pretty sweet with Occultist right side nodes.
Yea, I'm going with Occultist because those seem too good to pass up.
"
XigTek wrote:

100% untrue. while ghost reaver is a must, zealot oath gives you a lot more QoL than VP
"
srt746 wrote:

Take as much damage and ES as you can. Dead enemies deal zero damage. Enemies who are alive can always kill you.

There is no such thing as enough life or ES.

If you are taking damage, or in any way losing ES or life, you cannot recharge. This limits ES recovery to leech or regeneration. If you cannot leech, all you have left is regen. This means a VP ES build is weak to traps and bleed because of that.

VP is required if you cannot leech and regenerate sufficient ES back to out-recover incoming damage or another hit that might kill you.

Recharge/regeneration is required if you cannot leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info