"Let nature take it course" Mentality is completely bullshit (Class Discussion)

Here's my argument: So when a leopard of India attacks a child I'm inclined to help but if a leopard attacks a baby elephant I let nature take its course?

How sadistic do you have to be to film a mother giving birth to a calf while hyenas attack?

I have yet to see a convincing argument from classmates nor has my teacher made any comments (she's neutral). Help me out here people lol.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2016, 10:40:18 AM
"
solwitch wrote:

How sadistic do you have to be to film a mother giving birth to a calf while hyenas attack?

And what exactly is the operator supposed to do? Let's assume you're out there in some African reservation, filming the scene. What will you do?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
the human nature is stupid
my english sux.
how can we let nature take its course when we literally fucked with nature with our global warming?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
What exactly is "wrong" with a leopard attacking an elephant while it's giving birth.

Both the elephant and the leopard have the same goal, survival of their genes and intrinsic attributes.

You make it sound all cute and all, nature doesn't do cute.

For arguments sake, let's say the leopard has a nest of whelps it needs to feed and is at the end of it's energy limit, making the baby elephant the only possible way to feed both herself and her whelps.

does that somehow change the story into cute vs cute?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : replace leopard with hyenas, misread that part.

So i assume hyenas are lower in your world because they hunt in packs and don't look as cute or something?
Making them ideal for prejudice based favor.

edit 2 :

What is stupid in your question btw, is that both us interfering or not interfering is
"nature taking it's course" since we are intrinsically part of it.

I don't understand people who distance themselves from nature, it's one of the main causes for a lot of problems we currently have as a race.

edit 3 :

Spoiler
Bitch please.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 24, 2016, 10:35:27 AM
On the one hand, civilization is the collective human effort to prevent nature from taking its course.

On the other hand, it is easier to swim with the current than against it. It behooves us to pick our battles, to let nature take its course in some things so we have energy to prevent it from taking its course in other things.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Humans are more like a virus than a primate in the grand scheme of things.
"

Even more like a tumor at our current stage of development (or degeneration, if you prefer).
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Aug 24, 2016, 2:26:47 PM
would the child being attacked by the leopard be fat ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info