Here is the one and only question I have about AoW

Is there still a chance to run out of maps?

Or can I now finally just play the game without fiddling with maps, crafting, trading to sustain what should be accessible in the first place.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 4:26:18 PM
You still have to find the maps.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Aug 24, 2016, 8:44:10 AM
Prepare to be disappointed. I'll join you.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
To run out of maps, no. You can run them white and sustain them.

If you just transmute/alteration or alch and go, and if you have a decent enough clear speed, your map base will plateau at around tier 9, pehraps slowly climbing towards tiers 10-11 if you grind a lot.

That was before the new expansion hits. Atlas of Worlds will probably increase map drops significantly, so the easily sustainable base might go a few tiers up.

If by 'running out of maps' you mean not being able to chain tier 11+ maps without significant effort, that's another story.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 24, 2016, 9:00:01 AM
This is something I never understood.

Yeah, I get it, you want us to run dangerous mods to get IIQ/pack size in order to sustain our maps. Fine. But the system now is woefully inadequate, IMO. It is not hard at all to run 5-6 t10-11 maps with 90%+ quantity and 30%+ pack size and get no map drops higher than like t7. If you ask me, items/power can be gated behind RNG, but challenging content should not be...if I can steamroll the occasional red maps I find, then why am I not allowed to, well, run red maps?

The best way to keep people interested is to give them interesting or rewarding content they have to play (red maps)...and the best way to make people bored is force them to play content that is far too easy. Idk. Maybe the 100% increased map drop rate once you complete the atlas will help, or maybe it will fall short. We'll find out soon enough.
"
MeWhenum wrote:
This is something I never understood.

Yeah, I get it, you want us to run dangerous mods to get IIQ/pack size in order to sustain our maps. Fine. But the system now is woefully inadequate, IMO. It is not hard at all to run 5-6 t10-11 maps with 90%+ quantity and 30%+ pack size and get no map drops higher than like t7. If you ask me, items/power can be gated behind RNG, but challenging content should not be...if I can steamroll the occasional red maps I find, then why am I not allowed to, well, run red maps?

The best way to keep people interested is to give them interesting or rewarding content they have to play (red maps)...and the best way to make people bored is force them to play content that is far too easy. Idk. Maybe the 100% increased map drop rate once you complete the atlas will help, or maybe it will fall short. We'll find out soon enough.

We are at the current situation because GGG is extremely fucking scared of players who don't nolife the game to the extreme hitting level 100, so god forbid if we could sustain higher-tier maps, or if they gave decent XP. I suppose they think we will all magically quit if we hit 100 someday.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

We are at the current situation because GGG is extremely fucking scared of players who don't nolife the game to the extreme hitting level 100, so god forbid if we could sustain higher-tier maps, or if they gave decent XP. I suppose they think we will all magically quit if we hit 100 someday.

personally, I don't even care about the better XP from higher tier maps, I am usually done with my characters when they reach 90-92, I would just like to actually play maps that are still challenging...never had a map above tier 13 drop so far. Would be nice to see the higher tier content without having to trade for the maps...
This new system doesn't solve anything that is troublesome with the current system. This is old content pretending to be new content.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
blubbber wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

personally, I don't even care about the better XP from higher tier maps, I am usually done with my characters when they reach 90-92, I would just like to actually play maps that are still challenging...never had a map above tier 13 drop so far. Would be nice to see the higher tier content without having to trade for the maps...

Theoretically, by the time you reach red maps, you'll have somewhere around 80% increase multiplicative quantity. If they don't nerf current drop rates (no word on that yet unfortunately), this should allow players to find a lot more red maps and eventually have more than 4 people run Shaper.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
blubbber wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Theoretically, by the time you reach red maps, you'll have somewhere around 80% increase multiplicative quantity. If they don't nerf current drop rates (no word on that yet unfortunately), this should allow players to find a lot more red maps and eventually have more than 4 people run Shaper.

yeah, that is my hope too! I can usually sustain tier 9-10 comfortably, with some 11 and 12's droppping, but that is it, if this change is enough to make up to 12 sustainable with the odd 13-15 dropping, I would be satisfied

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info