Not the best at making my own build...

I know its early to look into my first build for 2.4 but i wanted to try a CI spark build... can any one give me tips on what class to chose, ascendancy, or maybe some gear i could use in a new leauge? I do know i want to use voltaxic rift + drillneck once i get the currency. I do want to try to do my own skill tree though so i dont need help with that.
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 3:18:51 AM
I am not the greatest at theorycrafting either but my casualbutwanttonotdieeveninsoftcore senses tell me that voltaxic and drillneck with spark may not be the safest option since you don't get es from a shield.

However, I do recall that ItsYoji made a almost 10k CI build with Caustic arrow using a quiver so it may be possible to do something similar for volt spark. So Occultist is probably your ideal class and go ham on the defensive es part of the class. Likely, focusing on crit chance would be your best bet offensively. If you are good at generating currency and finding good deals, getting that high es shouldn't be a problem. Been a long time since I went CI so I wouldn't know how difficult it is if you play more casually to gear CI.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Should be possible, but keep in mind that the more pieces with low or no ES you got, the higher you will need to push ES on the rest and the more expensive they will be and it will probably be hard to get very good pieces early in the league. Earning enough cash for Voltaxic and Drillneck will be the least of your concerns.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Assassin for the crit, Deadeye for the projectile buffs, Elementalist.

Pierce + Projectile Speed are very important stats for spark.
"
innervation wrote:

Wrong. Chain and Fork are best for spark, unless you also get applicable duration increases.

Pierce does nothing for bosses but it also doesn't lower your DPS.

Chain and Fork would lower your DPS, but it greatly enhances your clear speed against packs. You could swap these out for Slower Projectiles.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

Wrong. Chain and Fork are best for spark, unless you also get applicable duration increases.

Chain and Fork would lower your DPS, but it greatly enhances your clear speed against packs. You could swap these out for Slower Projectiles.

Pierce is best. Especially for bosses. It allows a single projectile to hit multiple times. There's a very good reason why no one ever uses chain/fork on spark these days.

Edit: Also, have you seen the more damage on pierce?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 24, 2016, 1:14:27 PM
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

Pierce is best. Especially for bosses. It allows a single projectile to hit multiple times. There's a very good reason why no one ever uses chain/fork on spark these days.

Edit: Also, have you seen the more damage on pierce?

Have you seen the duration on Spark?

If you get duration, Pierce is best. No comparison.

But if you have no duration, or make use of the Less Duration, then Chain and Fork are must-haves since they essentially double or triple your duration, and can potentially hit a target multiple times. This is especially true if you make use of Frost Wall, as seen on LA builds now.
Consider necromancer for cast speed(mistress of sacrifice) and increased duration from ascendancy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info