Goddess scorned - Physical to fire global?

Hey guys,

is the conversion of physical to fire damage from Goddess scorned global? I would like to convert my Blade Vortex from physical to fire...

Thanks

Edit: yes, I know that I could only do ignite damage ;-)
Last edited by Supp0rtguy on Aug 23, 2016, 9:32:27 AM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2016, 3:49:35 PM
Should be. It's not super relevant though...

Your Ignites will be based off zero Damage hits, and thus Ignite deals zero Damage. When an Ignite deals zero base damage, its duration also becomes zero.
It is, but that has no meaning because hitting stuff with it is the only way you can deal damage, indirect hits via traps or totems won't work either.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I was going to respond but by the time I hit reply both viper and raics had said everything I was going to say ;_;
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 23, 2016, 9:36:26 AM
Damn, that makes sense, thanks guys!

I need to check for a different method to convert my BV to fire... :-(
There are a couple of ways to do that.... Avatar of Fire + The Signal Fire (or blackgleam) would be one way.

Edit: since I was first this time around I'll add some more convoluted options.

Avatar of Fire + Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow + chernobog's pillar + pyre would get some cold increases in there but still make the result pure fire

Avatar of Fire + physical to lightning support gem + call of the brotherhood + pyre would get a bit of all elemental increases in there but still make the result pure fire

I'm not aware of a way to do it 100% without Avatar of Fire, though. You can get close with a lot of unique investment, if you care, but can't quite reach 100% afaict.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 23, 2016, 10:07:49 AM
My question is how 100% fire conversion benefits Blade Vortex...?

Maybe if we had an idea of the build plan we'd have a better shot at figuring out how to help.
Thanks for all the replies so far, very helpful, I'm excited to see that there are several options!

I wanted to play a Marauder in the next league (HC) using BV with the new unique "Eye of Innocence", the unique emberwake and the unique Mokou's Embrace to cause lots of ignites with lots of castspeed.

Buildidea:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGMm87l-PfwTpcYEjM-mo_ZIBsNfPxQg7w5QR-RRZ5uuPsauPC2DX4PMtz5Bh_4K-ejyRdi9gsc64TWSKPodvqZX_o-18riTM4dN4zGebqoc3APuSsjr7o8aPyea4KcIMtFfmEWd2CRFR1ltU1I2xYVtVkjAZs8yHwLVgQSzPAUEByTYogCf3-98g9tMs_AfmjtVxpeVaPLtPIKbOlhSU9WmrJg9X5f08WxtGSGwCPQi9DT3wFRsC5eFvOpqQ5MnLpQvne-IUzUW8_k3UEImPNfPjDZJsVVLYeImlRa_

Not sure if this is viable...
My guess on how it benefits bladevortex would be embertaming... that has some sick potential at least. By the way, if you don't go full fire... you could use added fire damage and herald of ash instead for some nice extra fire damage. You can also add the signal flare for conversion and even more extra damage. And as we're already in the "weird stuff" area, let's go full retard and instead of ambertaming use three dragons and windripper for shock and magicfind. Yay! And now we can use another herald, so let's go for herald of thunder. Which now has the possibility to freeze which triggers the other windripper effect for EVEN MORE magic find! Damnit, now I want to try that out -.-
I should stop thinking up weird builds... but it's so much fun to theorycraft stupid stuff!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Aug 23, 2016, 10:47:38 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
My guess on how it benefits bladevortex would be embertaming... that has some sick potential at least. By the way, if you don't go full fire... you could use added fire damage and herald of ash instead for some nice extra fire damage. You can also add the signal flare for conversion and even more extra damage. And as we're already in the "weird stuff" area, let's go full retard and instead of ambertaming use three dragons and windripper for shock and magicfind. Yay! And now we can use another herald, so let's go for herald of thunder. Which now has the possibility to freeze which triggers the other windripper effect for EVEN MORE magic find! Damnit, now I want to try that out -.-
I should stop thinking up weird builds... but it's so much fun to theorycraft stupid stuff!

There's no reason to not use Added Fire Damage or Herald of Ash. You would still get the added damage, as far as I know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info