2x snakepit - what cold build will you be playing?

so we got some new uniques shown off

of course the cold +1 proj ring is the best out of 3 shown. so what cold proj build you think will be the next meta?
my guess will be GGG will change freezing pulse and ice spear skills too and they will be back in full swing
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2016, 1:03:06 PM
Looking forward to testing those out on my Sire of Shards Freezing Pulse totem char. It's pretty damn strong already, this is gonna possibly push it over the top. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Thought of the exact same thing:

sos fp totem with these :-)
No Problem,
Exile
heh interesting,

maybe sos will come back to meta.

I've done many totems and self cast build with it but with no great success....tho it could be cause i always build them around ball lightning skill that i really like but never use in end game as it sucks ;)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Aug 23, 2016, 3:30:04 AM
"
Miazga wrote:
heh interesting,

maybe sos will come back to meta.

I've done many totems and self cast build with it but with no great success....tho it could be cause i always build them around ball lightning skill that i really like but never use in end game as it sucks ;)

I dunno if you can call it a success but this worked really well for me. It would destroy everything I threw at it, haven't played around with it since 2.3 was released so dunno if it's still good or not.

I'm looking forward to sitting essence league out to play a bit in standard. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
softcore toys cute

ring will be 2c in hc

giving up both ringslots for only dps and no survivability is dumb and thats what the ring does it gives dps
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 23, 2016, 6:44:23 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
softcore toys cute

ring will be 2c in hc

giving up both ringslots for only dps and no survivability is dumb and thats what the ring does it gives dps

It doesn't give DPS, it gives clear-speed and AOE.

The "hardest encounters" are going to go just as fast.(bosses)

So yeah....losing two ring slots to clear out packs faster, or simply use a gmp and swap it with slower proj on bosses, i do wonder....

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : also nobody needs the soft vs hard comments....really...i play soft and i would never use this ring. The opportunity cost is not worth the utility it provides.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 23, 2016, 7:03:40 AM
"
Boem wrote:
It doesn't give DPS, it gives clear-speed and AOE.

Indirectly it does, you can use a dps support instead of LMP support and that's quite a boost, a bonus instead of penalty. Swapping 16% less with 40% more is 66% more dps, or you can use life leech where you couldn't fit it before which means 19% more dps and possibly more survivability than two rings would give you (highly situational).

It could also be useful on CoC builds that don't trigger via a projectile attack so multiprojectile support wouldn't be an optimal choice.

Not a broken ring, but still a good one, Brotherhood and Pyre have very little core stats too and they're still used. I actually think this is the best kind of unique, no core stats and a unique property that might make you accept the loss. It's a good thing devs realized lack of core stats is a drawback in itself so the ring doesn't have one tacked on, otherwise it just might be trash.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 23, 2016, 7:16:33 AM
^I understand your point, and i already commented in the unique page that the ring is the best of the 3 previewed.

However, damage nowadays is hardly an issue so i don't see any justification to equip them when your only concern in the current game state is defenses so you don't get killed while zipping true maps.

There is no pack in high maps that will not die to a 6-link(with gmp in it) instantly from somebody who made a competent build.

And once you go for the boss, your only having downsides attached to the ring, which is the point where most builds might still struggle a bit, due to higher stress on defenses.

It will be fun and for niche builds that push lvl 85+-, but i don't imagine any red map running builds are going to be using this that push for 90+. It simply won't be worth the hassle and the chance at a rip.

It also doesn't really add any "unique interaction" +1 projectiles can be found on support gems/other unique's(+ arrow at least)/quiver corruption/ascendancy.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : maybe more accurate is to state

"it doesn't give dps when a build actually requires it" which is the boss fight phase.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 23, 2016, 7:49:08 AM
"
Boem wrote:
"it doesn't give dps when a build actually requires it" which is the boss fight phase.

Arctic Breath can multi-hit :P *nitpick*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info