What's Your Most Emotionally Upsetting Anime Scene? (Spoilers!)

The entirety of the eclipse the first time I watched Berserk. Spent the better time of the following vacation marathonning the manga 'cause I just couldn't stop reading it.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Upandatem wrote:
The entirety of the eclipse the first time I watched Berserk. Spent the better time of the following vacation marathonning the manga 'cause I just couldn't stop reading it.

The only anime which has made me read the manga. Although I got bored around vol. 33. Still, had a good run.

Was hopeful about the Berserk 2016 anime, watched the first episode but it was shockingly bad.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I am disappoint OT, no mention of attack on titan at all?

Depending on your definition of emotionally upsetting

- plastic memories
- re:zero
- shigatsu wa kimi no uso
- kiseijuu : sei no kakuritsu
- tokyo ghoul

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : also OP, spoilers exist, so use them for people that join the thread and haven't watched the shows you mention.
(if your new, use the spoiler button at the top and put the spoilers in them)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 23, 2016, 6:57:09 AM
Great now I have some stuff to watch :)

"
Boem wrote:

edit : also OP, spoilers exist, so use them for people that join the thread and haven't watched the shows you mention.
(if your new, use the spoiler button at the top and put the spoilers in them)

That approach in this case seemed quite inefficient since every post in the thread is liable to be a spoiler to someone and most of the responses would not have done that anyway... I covered it by stating it upfront. With that in mind, if someone opted to read the thread, they were forewarned.
Plastic memories... the last time the sentence "I hope that one day you will be reunited with the one you cherish" was spoken in the series. And the complete silence in that scene didn't make it any better.
*Remembers scene* *Lies down* *Tries not to cry* *Cries a lot*
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Plastic memories... the last time the sentence "I hope that one day you will be reunited with the one you cherish" was spoken in the series. And the complete silence in that scene didn't make it any better.
*Remembers scene* *Lies down* *Tries not to cry* *Cries a lot*

The whole build up and "way" to shut "them" down in the final scene was brutal.

/joins the cry corner for a bit

That anime was excellent.

"
ssm016 wrote:
That approach in this case seemed quite inefficient since every post in the thread is liable to be a spoiler to someone and most of the responses would not have done that anyway... I covered it by stating it upfront. With that in mind, if someone opted to read the thread, they were forewarned.

From what i read so far people aren't going into specifics of the event, simply providing you with things to watch.
Spoilers can be dreadful when it comes to anime.

pro-tip : never scroll down on a comment section *raises fist*

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : on second thought, simply mentioning X dies, can already be a severe spoiler so yeah.

Should just ask for anime's that follow your criteria in my opinion :')
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 23, 2016, 11:51:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info