Questions about drops rules

After doing what feels like hundreds of runs for the boss map challenge, it seems like I've never seen a map drop from a boss that was mine from a map I didn't open. This isn't some sort of bad luck, I count on them being gray and I'm never disappointed. Although occasionally I still get a regular drop, that's really rare, too.

Are they always the opener's in Perm Alloc? Does having multiple people in a map even matter toward map drops if each is specifically designated for someone?

I know running maps together saves maps and contributes more to sharing the drop count, like for the challenge, but I'm wondering if having people idle at the portal while someone goes and kills the boss is useless, aside from not being able to pick up the maps if they belong to someone else.
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 10:54:40 AM
Yeah, maps go to the map owner unless they're unique, those are randomly allocated.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
Are they always the opener's in Perm Alloc? Does having multiple people in a map even matter toward map drops if each is specifically designated for someone?

Maps always allocate to the opener no matter the party's allocation mode (not 100% sure of FFA). Droprate is not affected by anything except the IIQ of the map itself.
Yeah, I mentioned it in a rotation when everyone decided to stay in 1 person's hideout and just give him the map to run. He said I was paranoid but at least he eventually started regaling the maps for higher quant. I also 2manned some low maps with someone else who suggested just tagging along or staying at the portal, but after he spotted an arcanist strongbox and I circled around clearing the immediate area to make it safe if it got messy while he rolled it, but he popped it and smashed everything just before I got back and not a single orb was mine, so I figured it was because I wasn't close enough. Pretty much made me come up with these questions, so thanks for the info.

At least we won't have to waste any more time with that, now I just need to figure out what to do with all these useless maps. I'll save my other map questions for another thread, thanks.
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
Yeah, I mentioned it in a rotation when everyone decided to stay in 1 person's hideout and just give him the map to run. He said I was paranoid

Ahahah, sounds like he knew exactly what was going on and wanted to steal everyone's map drops.

Once, I was in a multi-continent double-Ambrius rotation, and we had one person who could do a full carry against the double bosses run all the maps in their hideout so they wouldn't have to deal with lag. They kept track of whose map we were in and delivered all map drops to the right person as soon as we were in between packs (ie, breaks in the fighting). 2 Colosseum maps happened to drop in my own map (which was blue, hahah), and they honestly and immediately delivered both to me as they dropped Great rotation, 10/10, would highly recommend the carrier as a friend to anyone if I remembered who they were :)
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 22, 2016, 10:55:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info