Of Kings And Men (upcoming early access game)

Yo Gamerz!
I've got a new toy for you, if you like medieval swordfighting against other people.

Of Kings And Men

You have 8 directions to attack and block, item progress will be there, but it's mostly your own skill that counts.
I played the alpha for a few hours. Takes a bit to master the mechanics but the general prinziple is easy and fun. Slightly chaotic in big battles (mostly 30 vs 30 in the last days) and the team-damage is real :D  but that's part of the tactics of course. With good footwork, you *can* win vs 2 or 3 if they go crazy and damage themselves.

For now, the game is about quick battles (CTF variant or Duell). Later, they will add more and more of "the epic", a persistant world with kingdoms and clans, warriors and traders.

"Early Access" will be available in three days, aug 25th. Get it on steam then, or pre-order via green-man-gaming with a small discount.

EA means, that game isn't finished, but this small group of devs are highly motivated, pushing updates/fixes every day, they chat in discord and are open to proposals/ideas/criticism. Remembers me of PoE in it's early stages. Those guys developed the popular crpg mod for Mount&Blade, in case you know that game, now they continue that path and create their own game with more possibilities.
You're not going to "pay for a game" (22 eur), it's more like supporting those guys and test/play their beta.
Look it up on youtube for an impression, but it feels much more tense if you actually face three guys running up to you ingame :)

Pro-Tip: servers are up for free at the moment, probably closing at 25th, but not sure. Login can be found on forum, devs are not hiding the "secret" very well ;)

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Last edited by Wraeklops on Aug 22, 2016, 3:05:39 AM
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 3:13:18 PM
Mehh, fuck that, I want this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Aug 22, 2016, 5:24:54 AM
thats roughly the same as "meh, fuck poe, I want diablo"

You can play both... or pick your favourite.
Bannerlord is already the well known big brother, the small crew coding "of kings and men" deserve some attention.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Wraeklops wrote:
thats roughly the same as "meh, fuck poe, I want diablo"

You can play both... or pick your favourite.
Bannerlord is already the well known big brother, the small crew coding "of kings and men" deserve some attention.

Yes, and what is wrong with saying fuck poe I want diablo? Not interested in playing both, as one is PvP focus, while the other is single player focus.
OR I could keep playing M&B.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info