Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Unable to go past Level 70 - Merciless

Why are basalt flasks better than granite?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
If I look at my character stats (defense) in town, the cold & lightning resistances are higher but when I see the stats outside, they drop to negatives except Fire. I don't understand why this happens.

Also, I see a cold resistance, lightning resistance on the rings, amulet etc. How come the stats are negative?

"
databeaver wrote:
Yeah, those cold and lightning resistances are your problem. The game is pretty much balanced for 75% resistances (the maximum under normal conditions). That means you're taking nearly five times as much cold and lightning damage as you should.

Replace your gear with pieces that have more resistances until you have at least 60% elemental resistances on merciless. Don't forget you can craft resistances if there's a free suffix. The purity auras are an easy way to boost your resistances while you're still building them up, but in the end you don't want to depend on those (because there are more useful auras). If you have unspent passive points and/or refund points, see if there are any resistance nodes nearby in the tree as well. Normal bandits have 10% resistances as on option, but changing the reward now will be costly (20 orbs of regret).
"
databeaver wrote:
A full passive reset will likely become available with the Atlas of Worlds release on September 2nd.
Not likely -- it's guaranteed. Don't waste refund points if you can help it because in less than 2 weeks you can get a full respec.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 22, 2016, 8:39:37 PM
"
If I look at my character stats (defense) in town, the cold & lightning resistances are higher but when I see the stats outside, they drop to negatives except Fire. I don't understand why this happens.

Also, I see a cold resistance, lightning resistance on the rings, amulet etc. How come the stats are negative?

You get a -20% resistance penalty on cruel and -60% on merciless. Are you sure you're looking at your stats in town and not in your hideout? Towns have a difficulty level so the penalties apply, but your hideout always counts as normal difficulty with no penalties.
"
databeaver wrote:
"

You get a -20% resistance penalty on cruel and -60% on merciless. Are you sure you're looking at your stats in town and not in your hideout? Towns have a difficulty level so the penalties apply, but your hideout always counts as normal difficulty with no penalties.

Easiest way for me to always look at it is in hideout and make sure resists are at least 135% in the (____). If you are not low life based then you can also ignore chaos resistance for now. Sure it hurts every so often when you run into chaos damage but I always prioritize what ever I am using for life (hybrid or pure es), damage mitigation and ele resists first. Chaos resist is just a luxury for most people although it hurts like a truck in late end game.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Thanks for all the tips everyone. I'm slowly, but surely learning new things and getting a better hang of the character. Looking forward for the skill tree reset on Sep 2nd so that I can be little lore careful with defenses etc.
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Why are basalt flasks better than granite?
Because of armour formula. And they are better only for big hits. For lots of relatively small hits granite should be better.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
in atlas of worlds patch that become on 2nd Sep have a full passive reset ?
I'm from THAILAND
"
kanumz wrote:
in atlas of worlds patch that become on 2nd Sep have a full passive reset ?

Yes, there will be an (optional) full passive reset for all your characters.
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info