Unable to go past Level 70 - Merciless

Please help/suggest!

I'm unable to go past level 70, merciless mode. I'm not sure if its because of the HP or elemental resistances or freeze.

Also, is there anyway I can reset my skill-tree?

thanks
Santosh
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 10:23:16 AM
Can you screenshot your defensive character sheet?

Cause a quick look at your gear it seems you aren't capped in Elemental Resistances which would be a start.
You need 135% total in resistances in gear and skill tree.
Also life on gear would be the next step whilst keeping in mind the above.

Looking at your links:
You need to take generosity out of your links with auras.
You need to decide what skills you want to focus on; you have multiple skills where most only run 1 skill setup for AoE(for packs of mobs) and 1 for Single Target (for Rares, Uniques, Bosses etc)
You need to implement a Cast when damage taken setup with Immortal call for survivability
Think about getting a mobility setup; repositioning during fights is important. Leap Slam would be a choice for your type of Character.

Building upon the above point, try a quicksilver flask after you've balanced your resistances and not relying on Bismuth Flask.
A Basalt Flask would be better than Granite
A Silver Flask would work better than a Jade
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
You can reset your skill tree one point at a time by right clicking on Orbs of Regret. This can be pricey if you need to trade for more, but you do get a few for free from quests. When you open up your passive tree there will be a button at the top saying 'refund skill point' if you have any left. You can click that, then click the point you want to take back. You can only take back points at the end of your progress, such that everything on your tree is still connected to your starting zone in an unbroken chain.
A full passive reset will likely become available with the Atlas of Worlds release on September 2nd. I wouldn't use any orbs of regret before then. With StDrakeX's tips I imagine you should be be able to progress a bit further at least. Looking at your gear the gloves and coral ring are prime candidates for replacement, followed by the diamond ring and amulet.
Stone golem - switch Minion speed for Minion life or Minion and totem elemental resist. You do all the damage anyway, he is just healing you and taunting enemies.
Remove not only Generosity but also Reduced mana. It doesn't affect mana reservation, only mana costs.
Switch Elemental hit in helmet for Blind or Culling strike (does HoA "hit" in common sense though? I think it does but could be wrong)
Also I'd suggest you to get Leap slam and link it with Fortify, and maybe also Faster attacks.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
Switch Elemental hit in helmet for Blind or Culling strike (does HoA "hit" in common sense though? I think it does but could be wrong)

No, HoA doesn't hit.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Hi StDrakeX and thanks everyone!

Sorry..didn't know how to insert the screenshot so typed it down.

Armour: 3139
Estimated Physical Damage Reduction: 34%
Evasion Rating: 389
Estimated Chance to Evade Attacks: 9%
Max Energy shield: 32
Energy shiel Recharge per sec: 6.4
Life Regeneration per sec: 341
Mana Regeneration per sec: 15.1
Fire Resistance: 74% (74%)
Cold Resistance: -13% (-13%)
Lightning Resistance: -22% (-22%)
Chaos Resistance: -24% (-24%)
Stun Recovery Modifier: +51%
Movement Speed Modifier: +25%

I rearranged my Gems based on the suggestions and made little changes to the rings etc. I don't have a good variety to choose from :(

Please take a look and let me know. Thank you!

"
StDrakeX wrote:
Can you screenshot your defensive character sheet?

Cause a quick look at your gear it seems you aren't capped in Elemental Resistances which would be a start.
You need 135% total in resistances in gear and skill tree.
Also life on gear would be the next step whilst keeping in mind the above.

Looking at your links:
You need to take generosity out of your links with auras.
You need to decide what skills you want to focus on; you have multiple skills where most only run 1 skill setup for AoE(for packs of mobs) and 1 for Single Target (for Rares, Uniques, Bosses etc)
You need to implement a Cast when damage taken setup with Immortal call for survivability
Think about getting a mobility setup; repositioning during fights is important. Leap Slam would be a choice for your type of Character.

Building upon the above point, try a quicksilver flask after you've balanced your resistances and not relying on Bismuth Flask.
A Basalt Flask would be better than Granite
A Silver Flask would work better than a Jade
Of course you get killed so easily. Your elemental resistances except fire are less than 0!!!so you taking much more elemental damage than you suppose to. You must have all at min.60% and you will be fine couple levels. Then max it out! That's the key. And life of course.
But even with maxed ele. Resistances you still get killed. You also must mitigate damage in some way.
Yeah, those cold and lightning resistances are your problem. The game is pretty much balanced for 75% resistances (the maximum under normal conditions). That means you're taking nearly five times as much cold and lightning damage as you should.

Replace your gear with pieces that have more resistances until you have at least 60% elemental resistances on merciless. Don't forget you can craft resistances if there's a free suffix. The purity auras are an easy way to boost your resistances while you're still building them up, but in the end you don't want to depend on those (because there are more useful auras). If you have unspent passive points and/or refund points, see if there are any resistance nodes nearby in the tree as well. Normal bandits have 10% resistances as on option, but changing the reward now will be costly (20 orbs of regret).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info