Weapon Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding Gem

I actually bugged (in 2.2) that the weapon dual wield crit chance mod was bugged and working for spells.

In 2.2 there were these 2 mods:

Weapon Critical Strike Chance while Dual Wielding : This worked also for spells but was a bug.

Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding : This worked for spells also but did what it said on the tin.

Now (2.3) there are these 2 mods:

Weapon Critical Strike Chance while Dual Wielding : This no longer works for spells as it was a bug and was fixed.

Weapon Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding : This still works for spells but the text changed to suggest it doesn't.

At 2.3 the first was fixed to not work for spells, and it seems (at some point, maybe 2.3) the second's wording was changed to include 'Weapon' but remained working for spells.

So is the bug that they changed the wording on the multiplier one in error, or is the bug that it was worded wrong before, worked wrong before and still works wrong now?

I spent a lot of time and currency specifically crafting multiplier jewels while dual wielding for spells, what's going on?
Casually casual.

Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 5:22:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Boomp.
Casually casual.

For Weapon Critical Strike Chance while Dual Wielding; this one is currently working correctly.

For Weapon Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding; this one is incorrectly specifying weapons when it should be a global modifier. This will be fixed up for 2.4.0. Thanks for the report!
"
Jason_GGG wrote:
For Weapon Critical Strike Chance while Dual Wielding; this one is currently working correctly.

For Weapon Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding; this one is incorrectly specifying weapons when it should be a global modifier. This will be fixed up for 2.4.0. Thanks for the report!

That's the exact response I was hoping for.

Thanks, Jason.
Casually casual.

"
Jason_GGG wrote:

Good news, but confusing: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1383612

Is Crit Multi while Dual Wielding from jewels global or not? It didn't work for spells, and the wording was recently changed/fixed accordingly. But now it does work for spells, I checked and my spells do display the extra crit multi from Crit-Multi-while-Dual-Wielding-jewels in the character sheet.

At first I thought this was due to using CoC, which states that the supported attack casts the supported spell(s). An attack uses your weapon, so it seems consistent with above mentioned post that "Weapon Critical Multiplier" is used when an attack casts a spell. BUT... with the CoC gem removed the crit multi while dual wielding still applies to spells.
"
Lauicus wrote:
"
Jason_GGG wrote:

Good news, but confusing: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1383612

Is Crit Multi while Dual Wielding from jewels global or not? It didn't work for spells, and the wording was recently changed/fixed accordingly. But now it does work for spells, I checked and my spells do display the extra crit multi from Crit-Multi-while-Dual-Wielding-jewels in the character sheet.

At first I thought this was due to using CoC, which states that the supported attack casts the supported spell(s). An attack uses your weapon, so it seems consistent with above mentioned post that "Weapon Critical Multiplier" is used when an attack casts a spell. BUT... with the CoC gem removed the crit multi while dual wielding still applies to spells.

It did work for spells at least from 2.2 onward, which was before the text change. While I know there is evidence to say it didn't work at some point before that, it started working before the text change. The recent text change (which probably happened when the weapon crit chance w/ dw got fixed, 2.3) is visual only.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info