Giga damaging DOT/Status effect? no information on the wiki.

So I've nearly died four times to this mystery status effect in hardcore mode. It looks like purity of elements, but I believe it applies bleeding poison and some other stuff.

Staunching seems to be the only thing that slows it down, but it's horribly damaging and I've no idea how to prevent it. It's olbiterated me on normal before. , and for obvious reasons, i can't let it damage me to see what ist is, becuase it either dissapears too quickly, or completely murders me in one second.

Any help or info on this effect would be appreciated.
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2016, 12:15:16 PM
i don't know about any giga monster you might be referring but,

DOTs might be killing you fast if one or multiple of these conditions are met.

you are shocked/stande on shocking ground

you have the vulnerabilitycurse on you(flammability for ignites)

your chaos resistance is still at -60% at merciless

if you die fast while moving its a bleed

if not it's either a poisonous hard hitting mob or maybe essence drain used by monsters.

most likely essence drain though

would help to know where you encountered that thing...
dried lake on merciless, chaos res is at -13% , previously it was bleed/ currpoted bleed. but there seems to be an additional status effect that's doing the dots when bleeds not on. It was a purple mosnter i think. Isn't always there, coulda sworn it was the tangled corpse thing though.
"
Attlus wrote:
It was a purple mosnter i think. Isn't always there, coulda sworn it was the tangled corpse thing though.
you mean that big things that throw... something?.. at you? Their ranged attacks cause bleed, and if that monster was a rare with, for example, inc.phys.dmg mod and crit aura, that might hurt a lot.
Although purple monsters are prophecy ones. But I never saw purple BigThings in Dried lake.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info