Feedback from a usually silent player

"
Achilion wrote:

edit : on a second note it might have been a bit douchy of me , anger got to my worse side... i admit that was not cool , sorry everyone. I'll just turn off those public tabs one by one by one by one...

Meeting your own self proclaimed douchiness with more douchiness: "I'm sorry you got mad at me because I am mad"

Yes not being able to one click unpublic all is meh, I have only ~5 tabs I use for a store and it is already annoying, I can see how more and more can get worse. However, you have to turn all those tabs on in the first place, so the annoyance level doesn't suddenly rise from there. Once you turn them on, turning them off again at some point is kind of part of the package especially if you are a temp league person, leaving them on out of laziness once new leagues start in standard is just a whole new level of jerkiness.

The problem is that I am willing to bet that the average player only has a handful of store tabs where unpublicing is annoying but honestly takes a minute or less and is probably intended to be part of the shop owning experience as in closing down a real life shop at the end of the day. At some point, it may be in GGG's interest to say more than 10 currently public tabs have a unpublic all option with a confirmation window to help automate bigger shops a little. You still need to reopen them by hand but it at least cuts down on shop closing time that takes longer than a small number of manageable tabs.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
mark1030 wrote:

To be honest, this issue became much worse since public tabs. Now it's too easy to just drop stuff in a tab and have no consideration of other people. When you had to go through the effort of making a shop thread, the people doing so actually wanted to make the trades.

Unfortunatly u might be right Sir. Any ideas how to solve this problem ?

I'm personaly very much in favour of Auction House of some sorts that is limited to low-value trades - like up to 5c trades or 10c trades or something. And keep the high value trades between players with all the whispering and bartering. Hybrid system of sorts.

IGN : Sir_Big
Last edited by Achilion on Aug 20, 2016, 2:27:40 PM
Trading:

I only hate it because it would take me away from the game.
I mean as title says "Grinding Gear" POE for me is a cool game cause its about endless action.
I think im not the only one, who just likes to log in and kill, "hack & slash" everything.
Because its fun! Because it is what this game is about!

Now if i want to trade, i have to stop doing this. I have to stop the fun part and change it
to a boring part..
Willing to trade something without even knowing the actual prices, how worthy they are..
Spamming the chat, list em to forum and/or anything that takes me away from the game itself.

I have nothing against the player's personal interactions,and stuff..
Tho its just gives me a feeling that makes me bored of the fun im used to.

But the worst part is.. the prices. I NEVER Tried Trading before, because of the reasons above..
Then today i tried giving out 1-2 tabs of unique... without a second care about how effective they are, what mods or anything they have...
All i asked for was 10 or 20 regret orbs for all of em together.

Almost f**ked up an hour with spams and waiting, and the only one response i got was,
they actually worth nothing!

So afterall i rather choose playing than wasting time on trade attempts.
I dont care if they would put on a map for shops, or an auction house with certain limits,
But atleast something that gives me a hint on actual prices.

Also there are alot of "currencies" yet when ive been watching trade chat, or whenever i see forum, youtube, whatever... i only meet this "--C" wich is let me guess... Chaos Orb? With the other one... "ex" Exalted Orb? ..cant remember more.. so we got 2 currencies in an instant when it comes to trading.. nice. its almost like gold and silver of POE.

I dont know much about trading, since its boring to even attempt to know about it.
Just my opinions. I tried it once and never again with the current options.

"
mark1030 wrote:
I wasn't trying to be hostile Achilion. But I've read complaint after complaint about how trading sucks and almost every one of them complains about whispering people who list stuff but don't answer whispers or when they do answer they say they aren't going to trade the items they listed because it's not worth switching leagues or whatever other excuse they come up with. So people blame trade when they should be blaming players.

To be honest, this issue became much worse since public tabs. Now it's too easy to just drop stuff in a tab and have no consideration of other people. When you had to go through the effort of making a shop thread, the people doing so actually wanted to make the trades.

What you are saying is true, but at the same time trading got a lot easier for everyone to do, and the overall net effect is that trading is much improved, it is easier for you to sell your items and in general more items are indexed for you to find.

Give it some time and the negative effect might calm down also - after all i do not think people really put items on that they are not willing to sell at their given prices - that would make no sense. Rather they may put them on early league and later can't be bothered, or they put them on without prices and people bid too little for them to care, which while it may feel annoying really isn't a real problem - it just feels like one because you feel their item should not be worth more but they never agreed to your price.

Also to have 0 empathy or care about being respectable is to be psychopatic, and luckily most are not, so if people throw negative emotion their way due to their behaviour, most will adjust if it is not too much of a problem and so culture might develop.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 20, 2016, 6:53:38 PM
"
Achilion wrote:
I very much DISAGREE with OP when it comes to Trade.

It has been a chore with all those low value trades and buying multiple items to try to vaal for instance. The amount of frustration is off the roof.

Now even tho i have like 300 premium tabs and lots of them were/are listed to sell some reqular uniques and stuff i just cant justify wasting times for 1fuse/1chaos/2chaos trades on std and so on. Even tho im not afk and maping i just dont reply to trade whispers . Im just sick and tired of some aspects of trade in this game #playerInteraction also has negative consequences that result in frustration and anger.

This week alone i have ignored like 200 whispers about various items just because i m tired of this system.

Now when i find a unique 99% of the times is just better to vendor it right away and get that alch shards...

/endRant

I know what you mean. It's not really worth it but I still list 1 chaos items and try to reply to whispers regarding them as much as i can.

I see it this way: Sometimes i want those 1 chaos items myself. It can be a gem not available from a vendor or a unique like wanderlust i need for leveling. If i don't list them i can't expect anyone else to do it. That's why i still trade them.
It would be nice with some auto trade feature for these items.

zage: I have also four charachters in prophecy league. I have never created that many charachters in a league. And all are level 90 too. It's been a great league overall.

Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 20, 2016, 7:04:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info