Feedback from a usually silent player

Hi, I don't normally post feedback but I enjoy the game, will be buying a hydra supporter pack, and looking forward to starting new in a fresh league for the first time in AOW. I'm very happy with the systems of this game and do not want them to change dramatically.

Prior to this I played for a couple days near release, dabbled at the end of 2015, and finally found the addiction in prophecy making 4+ characters this league. I have a history with the diablo series and will comment on that below.

Here is my feedback moving forward with POE.

-Prophecy was great and I'm glad to hear it is being added to the game permanently. Namely due to the ability to seal and trade prophecies that grant an additional avenue to overcome RNG and other rewards it offers. I still prefer rolling and running maps though.

-Trading: This is a hot topic but I wanted to provide my positive feedback of the current system. I hope that trading is not changed in the future to another format outside of its current marketplace style requiring player interaction. Please no auction houses, please no npc vendors, nothing that allows automation or lessens player interaction. Being online and available makes trading much more rewarding to me. I am by no means an expert or a novice and am looking forward to bringing my experience into a fresh league in AOW. Specifically, the public stash tabs have enabled me to enter the trading market.

Sidenote #1: What Chris Wilson has said about trading's involvement in the game is right on point with me. I hope it does not change.

Sidenote #2: While I was ok with the Diablo 3 auction house removing trading damaged that companies reputation with me permanently and I ultimately did not purchase the expansion.

-Masters: Hearing that I will have to relevel them does not sound appealing but I also want POE to remain a hardcore game. The only way to focus on leveling up a master that I have found is finding a rotation group once per day. I guess my feedback for the masters is keep POE as a hardcore game but consider a solution that allows you to consolidate the master leveling grind experience instead of the occasional stop in a map when you find a master. Maybe a new idea to consider is the ability to master craft an affix to a map that forces the master in the map to attempt their mission.

-Difficulty: I hear some streamers and reddit users complain about overall difficulty of the game. My opinion is they are very experienced in the game and have participated in multiple leagues. I feel I could have similar opinions if I was a veteran as well. Since I am not I am looking forward to a new league that will not have massive nerfs on builds but brings new content with the appropriate difficulty and reward(s). My 4th 85+ character was finally able to run ~tier 13 maps but I still was unhappy with my survivability. I guess overall I just hope my chosen build to start with in the next league is not nerfed, able to perform as planned, and the game does not become a total steam roll to me without proper investment.

-QOL: Not all keybinds can be rebound. Specifically, the shift key allowing reuse of selected item. I'm unable to find a way to rebind this after rebinding my attack in place key to space bar (previously left shift). Every keybind should be able to be changed.

-QOL: I would like the ability to drop items in the hideout. I'd be curious as to why you are not able to do this currently.

Overall, I am very happy with the game. Next league I am prioritizing beating all content, then amassing currency, and finally create and outfit the most powerful build that fits my play style.

Great game, thank you.

Last bumped on Aug 20, 2016, 7:02:24 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The applause from an audience can also be heard by others that aren't on the stage or part of the crowd.
I very much DISAGREE with OP when it comes to Trade.

It has been a chore with all those low value trades and buying multiple items to try to vaal for instance. The amount of frustration is off the roof.

Now even tho i have like 300 premium tabs and lots of them were/are listed to sell some reqular uniques and stuff i just cant justify wasting times for 1fuse/1chaos/2chaos trades on std and so on. Even tho im not afk and maping i just dont reply to trade whispers . Im just sick and tired of some aspects of trade in this game #playerInteraction also has negative consequences that result in frustration and anger.

This week alone i have ignored like 200 whispers about various items just because i m tired of this system.

Now when i find a unique 99% of the times is just better to vendor it right away and get that alch shards...

/endRant

IGN : Sir_Big
"
Achilion wrote:

It has been a chore with all those low value trades and buying multiple items to try to vaal for instance. The amount of frustration is off the roof.

Now even tho i have like 300 premium tabs and lots of them were/are listed to sell some reqular uniques and stuff i just cant justify wasting times for 1fuse/1chaos/2chaos trades on std and so on. Even tho im not afk and maping i just dont reply to trade whispers . Im just sick and tired of some aspects of trade in this game #playerInteraction also has negative consequences that result in frustration and anger.

This week alone i have ignored like 200 whispers about various items just because i m tired of this system.

Now when i find a unique 99% of the times is just better to vendor it right away and get that alch shards...

/endRant

So.., why do you list shit for 1chaos in std if you don't bother selling them for 1c ?

List them for 5c or whatever would be the right amount you feel for your time. Fewer whispers for you, less annoying for buyers.
ign: UpForJava
"
Achilion wrote:

/endRant

That's not a problem with trade. That's a problem with you wanting to trade without actually trading. Unpublic those tabs if you're not going to make the trades. People like you are the reason other people think trading sucks. I'm tempted to try to trade with you just so I can get you blacklisted on poe.trade for listing items with no intention of trading them. Then you won't have to worry about those bothersome whispers.

Edit: Sorry to go offtopic, OP. Your feedback is well written. I wish that wasn't so rare.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 20, 2016, 9:42:17 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Achilion wrote:

/endRant

That's not a problem with trade. That's a problem with you wanting to trade without actually trading. Unpublic those tabs if you're not going to make the trades. People like you are the reason other people think trading sucks. I'm tempted to try to trade with you just so I can get you blacklisted on poe.trade for listing items with no intention of trading them. Then you won't have to worry about those bothersome whispers.

+1
Very good feedback post. Like OP i agree about trade, i think this form is quite good and i don't take issue with it in any way. I got soo much easier after the ingame indexing became possible.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
mark1030 wrote:
]That's not a problem with trade. That's a problem with you wanting to trade without actually trading. Unpublic those tabs if you're not going to make the trades. People like you are the reason other people think trading sucks. I'm tempted to try to trade with you just so I can get you blacklisted on poe.trade for listing items with no intention of trading them. Then you won't have to worry about those bothersome whispers.

Edit: Sorry to go offtopic, OP. Your feedback is well written. I wish that wasn't so rare.

have you ever tried to unpublic mass amount of tabs ? and why all of a sudden you are so hostile ? over the last months i have done hundreds and hundreds of trades... im just in bad mood when i got back to std does. I tried to provide feedback on how sometimes trade may look like.

give me a master swtich to unpublic all the tabs at the same time and ill gladly do it...

And thats another good point u make there - arbitrary blacklist of ppl. So lets say xyz has the control over who trades and who doesnt in PoE ? is that it ? or u want to tell me "u still have trade chat" and all that stuff ?

(PS i rly do appriciate the poe.trade which has been awsome for all this years)

edit : on a second note it might have been a bit douchy of me , anger got to my worse side... i admit that was not cool , sorry everyone. I'll just turn off those public tabs one by one by one by one...

IGN : Sir_Big
Last edited by Achilion on Aug 20, 2016, 12:20:13 PM
I'm not sure I've ever heard someone say, unironically, that they like the player interaction aspect of trading. Perhaps that is something your opinion will change on too as you become a veteran.

(I don't have a strong opinion either way, just thought this was notable).

I'm happy for you OP. Your first league playing from day 1, with the experience you've already gained...you're gonna have a blast. As a trading tip - don't be afraid to list a good weapon (70%+ phys damage) you find when leveling from 20-40 for just 1 chaos or 1 alch or 10 chroms. They're only worth currency for a few hours, so sell low and sell quickly before you have to vendor it. You can get a quick 3c + 6 alchs for just being willing to move good low level items that you stumble upon while leveling. That's only true if you're playing from minute 1 of the race, which could depend on your schedule/time zone.
I wasn't trying to be hostile Achilion. But I've read complaint after complaint about how trading sucks and almost every one of them complains about whispering people who list stuff but don't answer whispers or when they do answer they say they aren't going to trade the items they listed because it's not worth switching leagues or whatever other excuse they come up with. So people blame trade when they should be blaming players.

To be honest, this issue became much worse since public tabs. Now it's too easy to just drop stuff in a tab and have no consideration of other people. When you had to go through the effort of making a shop thread, the people doing so actually wanted to make the trades.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 20, 2016, 12:39:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info